Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tire Mileage Thread

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Tire Mileage Thread

PLEASE only post about your tires. We don't want this jumbled up with a bunch of talking (typing). If you make a comment that does not have the following information, it will be deleted.

Bike:
    Tires/Size:
    Mileage on tires:
    Type of riding:
    Review:

Bike: 2008 Yamaha R1
    Tires: Dunlop Q2 - 120/70 F 190/55 R
    Mileage on tires: 4000ish (still on the bike)
    Type of riding: Commute whenever there isn't snow on the ground. Hit the canyons at least 3 weekends out of the month (9/10 are 2 up). Have 1 track day at HPR on them.
    Review: Best tire I've ever had, on any bike. They are good to go as soon as you mount them up. Heat up very fast and instantly had confidence in them. HIGHLY recommended.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Re: Tire Mileage Thread

- Previous set

Bike - 2008 Suzuki GSX-R600
    Tires - 120/180 Dunlop Sportmax Roadsmart
    Mileage - 8000
    Riding - Everything: commute, rain, canyons, tours, except track day

Review: same profile as the Qualifier with multi stage compound for street durability. Progressive tip-in (not peaked) and grip in dry or wet. Great sport touring tire erring on the Sport side. As with any dual compound tire when you wear off the sides there is a slight bump in the middle from the harder compound, but you don't notice it at all when riding.

Current tires -

Dunlop Q2's 120/180
    Mileage - 2000 so far
    Riding - Touring, canyons

Verdict - Great tires! Same tried and true progressive tip-in. Lean it and it instantly responds, holds a line with a bit of countersteer, unlike Michelins which feel neutral once leaned over so I've heard. Same impressions as Wicky. Good wet handling. Even wear so far.
    Last edited by asp_125; Tue Mar 8th, 2011 at 04:25 PM.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Bike: 2003 Triumph Sprint ST
    Tires/Size: Continental Road Attacks - 120/180
    Mileage on tires: 8000
    Type of riding: Commuting/canyons
    Review: Constant radius makes for steady turn in and ease of direction changes while leaned over. Overheating issues when on the edge in long turns on 100+ deg days.

Tires/Size: Michelin Pilot Power 2CT - 120/180
    Mileage on tires: 6000
    Type of riding: Touring/canyons/trackdays(PMP)
    Review: Quick turn in, very stable mid-turn. Softer edge went away quickly with track riding, but stuck like glue.

Tires/Size: Michelin Pilot Road 2 - 120/180
    Mileage on tires: 8000
    Type of riding: Touring/canyons
    Review: Slower turn in, great in rain and on grooved roads. Front pushed when riding hard (double +10)

Bike: 2003 GSXR 750
    Tires/Size: Michelin Pilot Power 2CT 120/180
    Mileage on tires: F 4500/R 3000
    Type of riding: Canyons/trackdays(HPR)
    Review: Quick turn in, very stable mid-turn. Softer edge went away quickly with track riding(HPR is abrasive, sides bald within 2 trackdays)

Bike: 2003 GSXR 750
    Tires/Size: Bridgestone BT-003 RS (street) 120/180
    Mileage on tires: 3500
    Type of riding: Trackdays/Canyons
    Review: Good in dry, not so great in wet. Very quick turn in. Great in the canyons, but overheated rear at HPR in long turns. Overheated front and rear at PPIR. Lost 3/4 of their life in <2 trackdays. Front and rear wore pretty evenly, felt good even after the sips were gone.

Tires/Size: Bridgestone BT-003 RS (street) 120/190
    Mileage on tires: Front/Rear 3300/2600
    Type of riding: Canyons (double, double +5)
    Review: Good in dry, didn't push it in wet, not good at all in gravel . Very quick turn in. Great in the canyons, Front and rear wore pretty evenly, but rear got flat-spotted easily on heavy bike. Seemes to follow grooves in the road.
    Last edited by OUTLAWD; Wed Aug 10th, 2011 at 04:08 PM.

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Bike: 2001 Gixxer 1000
    Rider size: 6'1"/215lbs
    Tires/Size: Metzler M1's; 190/55 and 120/70
    Mileage on tires: 3,250-4,500 miles
    Type of riding: Mostly canyon, pretty elevated pace, sometimes 2-up, maybe 40% commuting.
    Review: They were the first replacement I put on after the original Bridgestones wore out. This tire REALLY made me appreciate the bike. I felt VERY comfortable, immediately on these tires. Maybe a little tougher to turn in because of the more rounded profile, but they were extremely trustworthy, and the handling didn't change much even at the end when they were squared off from highway use since they started off more rounder in the first place. Never had a traction problem, only got the rear to slip a little under power in the dry on a few occasions, in very tight turns. Did a couple of trackdays on 2 different sets, and even when they got hot and a little greasy, they got to a certain point and didn't get any greasier, and stayed very predictable the whole time. I felt very comfortable sliding around on them for the first time, like my dirtbike! Loved 'em, but the rear wore out quick and I'd get 2 rears to every front.

Tires/Size: Metzler M3's; 190/55 and 120/70
    Mileage on tires: 4,500-6,000 miles
    Type of riding: Mostly canyon, pretty elevated pace, sometimes 2-up, maybe 40% commuting.
    Review: They were replacements for the M1's I was running. they're a little more expensive, but the extra mileage was worth it, if they were not quite as confidence inspiring or quite as grippy, especially in the rear, in the cold. The front mileage was the same as the M1's (felt like the compound was the same), so that's expected and it wasn't turn in, it was the rear moved around a little more under hard braking, and on the way out. Still a really good, trustworthy, absolutely neutral tire that wore consistantly throughout their life (because of the rounder profile like the M1's), but just that little bit less sticky than the M1 rear. I did some heavy duty sport-touring with them doing 1,800 miles in a little over 3 days, from hours at a solid 90+ to very tight switchbacks in the summer, and felt utterly at ease with and comfortable with them. Unfortunately, since I lost my record of the last tire change, I can't tell you the mileage I got out of the last set with those 2 tours (2,800 miles total). They do seem to be more comfortable in the summer than the winter, where as the M1's felt less affected by the temps. Haven't done any trackdays on the M3's yet.
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

Bike: FZR 600

Tires/Size:
    Bridgestone BT014
    110/70/17 and 150/60/18

Mileage on tires: Average 8-9000

Type of riding: Everything from track days to sport touring

Review: Well, it's the only good sport tire avail in a 150x18. I've always run them and got no complaints.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Bike: 1989 FZR 600
    tires/size:Bridgestone BT-003R 160/60/17 and 120/70/17
    Mileage:~3500mi rear, ~5000mi front
    Type of riding:70% track, 30% sport touring
    Review: I have never pushed the front into a turn on the track. It has always stuck like glue. The rear slicks up quite a bit on the hotter days but sticks like glue around 60-65 degree track days. The rear lasts about 7 trackdays for me before the sides are bald. The front lasts about twice as long. After the sides of the tires were completely shot, I took a couple 1000mi rides to finish off the center. It is a great mild weather track tire. They were also pretty cheap IIRC.
    Last edited by mopoet178; Thu Mar 10th, 2011 at 11:09 PM.

Bike: 2005 Yamaha R1
    tires/size:Michelin Pilot Power 2CT 190/55/17 and 120/70/17
    Mileage:~6000 and counting.
    Type of riding: 98% Street/Canyon, 2% track day
    Review: They keep me upright and have lasted two full seasons and have 2 track days on them. I'll probably order another set when these ones are finished in a month or two.

Leah
    05 Raven R1
    01 YZ250F

Bike: 2003 RC51
    Tires/Size: Michelin Pilot Power 2CT, 120/70x17, 190/50x17
    Mileage on tires: ~3000 rear/~6000 front
    Type of riding: canyons, spirited
    Review:
    Awesome tires, run 35 PSI F/R *very cold*, at ~3000 miles rear is worn out, at ~6000 miles front has worn into a "V" profile and needs replacing to restore correct profile.
    Free your mind!

Bike: '08 CBR600RR
    Tires/Size: Metzeler Sportec M3 120/70R17 & 180/55R17
    Mileage on tires: Front: 6k, Rear: 2500
    Type of riding: Mostly commuting, a bit of canyons
    Review: FAR better than the POS Dunlop OEM tires that came on the bike. Good mileage out of them too. About 5500 on the rear, and a bit more than that up front. I wish they had a bit harder compound in the center for a bit more mileage, but whatever...
    2008 Honda CBR600RR - Graffiti
    2002 Yamaha WR250F

Bike: Sv1000s
    Tires/Size: Pirelli Strada 120/70 17, 180/55 17
    Mileage on tires: 15,000 front, 10,000 rear (had a nail in the rear so newer tire than the front)
    Type of riding: commute, tour, canyon
    Review: Loved them! Road to Mexico and St. Louis on them as well as thousands of Colorado miles. Great side-grip, long distance, quick drop-in into the turns. Nothing bad to say about these tires.
    Photogallery * Google+ * Facebook! * STFU
    Quote Originally Posted by Suki View Post
    god bless thongs and low self esteem women.

Bike: '08 Kawi Concours14
    Tires/Size: Continental Contimotion 120/70R17 & 190/50R17
    Mileage on tires: Front: 5k, Rear: 5k
    Type of riding: Canyons, Distance
    Review: I'm not easy on tires, and these held up reasonably well considering their cost (cheap). Never ran into issues with traction, and they did well in the rain. Replaced the factory BT021's with them, as the Bridgestones just simply sucked on that bike. Have Pirelli Angel ST's on now; will update when replacing.
    '16 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
    '12 Kawasaki Concours14 -
    Sold
    '08 Kawasaki Concours14 -
    Sold
    '05 Suzuki SV1000S - Sold
    '07 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 - Sold

Bike: 97 CBR 600F3
    Tires/Size:
    Dunlop Qualifier 120/60 160/60
    Mileage on tires:
    ~3000
    Type of riding:
    Commuting, Some canyon
    Review:
    Ok tire, just couldnt believe it wore out so fast for almost $200

Bike: 97 CBR 600F3
    Tires/Size:
    Michelin Pilot Power 120/70
    Mileage on tires:
    ~5000
    Type of riding:
    Commuting, Some canyon
    Review:
    Couldnt believe the mileage difference between this tire and the dunlop. Tire did better in rain and just felt better, like i had more control

Bike: 06 CBR 600RR
    Tires/Size:
    Dunlop Roadsmart 120/70 180/55
    Mileage on tires:
    ~10000
    Type of riding:
    Commuting, and Some canyon
    Review:
    After some research I finally decided on trying these, since they are a dual compound. they felt great, and dont have a single bad thing to say about them. Great traction cold and in rain .Have very even wear patterns. The front wore out just as fast as the rear did. Liked them so much I just put another set on.

fyi Epic Motorsports has the BEST tire prices anywhere... mounted and everything was like $350 for the set of roadsmarts (off bike mounting) everywhere else was like $450
    Last edited by chubster2003; Fri Apr 22nd, 2011 at 11:49 AM.
    2006 CBR 600rr Orange/Black

Bike: 2002 Suzuki Hayabusa
    Tires/Size:
    Metzler Roadtec Z6/190/50ZR17
    Mileage on tires:
    14,000+ miles
    Type of riding:
    Canyons, Sport-Touring, Occasional track usage.
    Review:
    I've tried several different tires and have settled on the Z6's. They hold up well, are grippy enough for my riding style (never had it step out in a corner), and last a long time. I've been able to get to zero chicken strips so it's certainly grippy enough.

The only problem I've found is there aren't any wear bars so the end can sneak up on you if you're not paying attention.

In speaking with Kevin at Epic, I believe the Z6's are being phased out and replaced. I'll have to try the replacements and see how they hold up.

Carl

Long Distance Gear Checklist 2002 Hayabusa - Now with 100,000+ miles!

Quote Originally Posted by dm_gsxr View Post
    In speaking with Kevin at Epic, I believe the Z6's are being phased out and replaced. I'll have to try the replacements and see how they hold up.

Carl
    Try the new M5's so I know if I want to change from the M3's I run!
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

Senior Member Yearly Supporter Tylar's Avatar

Bike: 2008 Yamaha R1
    Tires/Size: Pirelli Diablo Corsa, stock sizes
    Mileage on tires: 6329, probably get to 7k before I replace them off or roast the rear at a bike night....
    Type of riding: 70% highway, 5% town, 25% hard canyon.
    Review: I bought the bike in April of 2010 with 800 miles on it, so the first 2 years the tires did nothing. They have manu-dates of 2007. Considering, they've worn well, however they take a bit to warm up and aren't the greatest in the hills. I prefer tires that heat fast and feel a bit more contacted when at full lean and throttle (I prefer slow speed tight switchbacks, I don't really push it on high speed roads). My comparison is 3 sets of 2CT Pilot Powers on a 2000 R1. I won't use them as replacements, but they're wearing well considering how long they sat and how many heat cycles i *think* they've endured.
    Last edited by Tylar; Fri Jun 17th, 2011 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Bold, n shiz.
    -Tylar

2009: 2009 GSXR 600 *wifey's*
    2010: 2008 YZF-R1

Bike: 2002 Suzuki Hayabusa
    Tires/Size:
    Pirelli Angels/190/50ZR17
    Mileage on tires:
    ~6,000 miles
    Type of riding:
    Canyons, Sport-Touring, Occasional track usage.
    Review:
    I wanted to try these because they were dual compound; softer sides, harder center. I put them on before my trip to Oklahoma, California, Oregon, and back.

While early in usage the tires appeared to be fine, after some wear the transition between hard and soft became pronounced to the point that the bike handling changes significantly as I get to the end of the tire. Even a slow speed corner turn has the front end feeling extremely squirrely and in some cases the feeling has been a little scary.

I would not recommend them and will not buy them again. It's bad enough that I'd be very hesitant to purchase dual compound tires in the future without serious thought and lots of long ride reviews.

Carl

Long Distance Gear Checklist 2002 Hayabusa - Now with 100,000+ miles!

Bike: 03 R6
    Tires/Size: Michilen Power pilots 120/60/zr17;180/55/zr17
    Mileage on tires:12,000
    Type of riding: 3 track days, highway commuting, canyons on the weekends
    Review:
    Great tire overall. I would like to say I probably have about 3-4K miles left on them. The side walls performed well on track and were more sticky than anticipated. Rain riding was also exceptional. The centers wore out faster than the sides (typical), but getting 15K out of a tire set was better than most I hear. The track days helped get full use out of the entire tread as well. I'd buy them again, but may end up going to a harder compound since my track days are more few and far between.

I'm 165lbs geared, never ride two-up.

Bike: 2008 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R
    Tires: Bridgestone Battlax BT-016 (OEM)
    Sizes: 120/70 F & 180/55 R
    Use: Street/Canyon
    Mileage: 8,500
    Review: "Brickstones" is what I'd call them. The OEM version of the BT016 is of cheaper quality than the normal BT016. They have terrible feel and don't really heat up. Would not get OEM tires again.

Tires: Michelin Power Pures
    Use: Canyon/Track
    Mileage: 6,500 (patched)
    Review: Good tires. Takes a little while to heat, but they inspired more corner confidence than my last pair of tires did. Felt neutral in the corners though. A major complaint with the Pures is the vertical center tread lines would "catch" with the vertical lines on concrete highways that would cause a wobble. Wouldn't get again for mostly that reason.

Tires: Dunlop Q2s
    Mileage: 3,000 (nail)
    Review: Amazing corner confidence! The side profile was nice because I was never riding on the very edge of the tire, even on the track. Would dip into corners and heated up quickly too. Got a nail in the rear which led to short mileage.

Tires: Dunlop Q2s
    Mileage: 4,000
    Review: Same as before, amazing tire. Didn't last very long as expected, but when tread was low I got another flat so it would have needed to go anyway. Getting my third pair today!
    Last edited by Vellos; Thu Aug 11th, 2011 at 08:02 PM.
    George Mock | 2008 ZX6R | GoPro Hero | 3:551 5806

Bike: '08 Kawi Concours14
    Tires/Size: Michelin Pilot Road 3 120/70R17 & 190/50R17
    Mileage on tires: Front: 8k, Rear: 6.5k
    Type of riding: Canyons, Distance
    Review: These are the best tires so far on this bike. By far the longest lasting, and extremely good in the rain. Overall, they handled better than the Pirelli Angels, which I thought pushed the front wide in hard cornering. Linear wear.
    '16 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
    '12 Kawasaki Concours14 -
    Sold
    '08 Kawasaki Concours14 -
    Sold
    '05 Suzuki SV1000S - Sold
    '07 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 - Sold

Bike: '11 BMW S1000RR
    Tires/Size: Q2 (120)/(190/55)
    Mileage on tires: Front: 4k, Rear: 1K
    Type of riding: Canyons, Track
    Review: This is my second rear Q2. On the first rear I rode only street and I got 2,500 miles. On the second rear, I did 8 sessions (over two days) at HPR and 500 street miles. I have no complaints of this tire for street use only. As others have noted, these tires do not last long when pushed hard.
    Owner and General Manager - Fun Center Cycles in Durango, CO

11 BMW S1000RR - Street - Lady on the street
    13 Kawi ZX6R - Track - Freak in the bed
    13 Triumph Daytona 675R - Wifes bike

2014 MRA 400 Production Class Champion

Bike: '06 Triumph Thruxton 900
    Tire/Size: Pirelli Sport Demon bias ply 100F/130R
    Mileage on tires: ~400mi
    Type of riding: Canyons, around town
    Review: Coming off a supersport (GSX-R) to a standard, especially one with spoked wheels I had a tough time finding sticky sport radials. After much reading on forums and talking to tire reps I decided on the Sport Demons. Riders have used them on the track for Ninja 500's and other older bikes, so they may do ok. So far, after just a few rides they seem fine for the street. When pushed however, they feel "dead", unlike radials that let you feel the bumps and grooves in the pavement. Wear has been minimal during scrub-in, they still have the nubs. Turn-in is gradual, less than the instant lean of more sport/track oriented profiles. Overall they are better than the OEM touring tires that came on the Thruxton.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLE_MONKEY View Post
    Tires/Size: Metzler M1's; 190/55 and 120/70
    Mileage on tires: 3,250-4,500 miles
    Review: They were the first replacement I put on after the original Bridgestones wore out. This tire REALLY made me appreciate the bike. I felt VERY comfortable, immediately on these tires. Maybe a little tougher to turn in because of the more rounded profile, but they were extremely trustworthy, and the handling didn't change much even at the end when they were squared off from highway use since they started off more rounder in the first place. Never had a traction problem, only got the rear to slip a little under power in the dry on a few occasions, in very tight turns. Did a couple of trackdays on 2 different sets, and even when they got hot and a little greasy, they got to a certain point and didn't get any greasier, and stayed very predictable the whole time. I felt very comfortable sliding around on them for the first time, like my dirtbike! Loved 'em, but the rear wore out quick and I'd get 2 rears to every front.

Tires/Size: Metzler M3's; 190/55 and 120/70
    Mileage on tires: 4,500-6,000 miles
    Review: They were replacements for the M1's I was running. they're a little more expensive, but the extra mileage was worth it, if they were not quite as confidence inspiring or quite as grippy, especially in the rear, in the cold. The front mileage was the same as the M1's (felt like the compound was the same), so that's expected and it wasn't turn in, it was the rear moved around a little more under hard braking, and on the way out. Still a really good, trustworthy, absolutely neutral tire that wore consistantly throughout their life (because of the rounder profile like the M1's), but just that little bit less sticky than the M1 rear. I did some heavy duty sport-touring with them doing 1,800 miles in a little over 3 days, from hours at a solid 90+ to very tight switchbacks in the summer, and felt utterly at ease with and comfortable with them. Unfortunately, since I lost my record of the last tire change, I can't tell you the mileage I got out of the last set with those 2 tours (2,800 miles total). They do seem to be more comfortable in the summer than the winter, where as the M1's felt less affected by the temps. Haven't done any trackdays on the M3's yet.
    Rider size: 6'1"/215lbs-230+lbs w/leathers etc.
    Tires/Size: Metzler M5's; 190/55 and 120/70
    Mileage on tires: 3,810 miles
    Type of riding: Mostly canyon, pretty elevated pace, 50% long high-speed trip last summer.
    Review: I tried the M5's, and will go back to the M3's. The M5's turned in a little too quickly for me, the almost felt like they were falling into the turn. I liked the feel of the more rounded M3's better overall. I feel more confident in them. Some people will like the "falling in" feeling. At 6'1" and probably 230+lbs geared up, I don't have problems leaning the bike over, and tended to early-apex everything on the M5's, so the rounded profile works better for me. Plus, they are about $70 more expensive per set, and are shot at 3,810 miles, essentially ruining this weekend's planned ride to Durango. The shorter-lived rubber didn't feel any stickier than the M3's to me. The weren't even TO the wear bars on the rear.....except in one little section where I'm thru the top layer of rubber already. Fark!!!! And, since I can't get M3's mounted today, I'll probably have to miss my trip.......

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

Bike: '05 ZX6R
    Tires/Size: Bridgestone battlax BTO-16 180/55 rear 120/70 front
    Mileage on tires: 6,500
    Type of riding: Canyon, daily commuter, 1 track day
    Review: I love these tires ive have never had an issue with sticking to the road once they warm up and they handle very well in rain/ice i got more mileage out of my last set but the track day took a lot of mileage off.

Thumbs up Re: Tire Mileage Thread

Figured it was time to add my $.02!

Bike: 2007 Gixxer 1000
    Rider size: 6'4"/205lbs-215+lbs w/full gear
    Tires/Size: Michelin Pilot Power 2CT/120-17/190-50-17--F/R
    Mileage on tires: ~6,500 miles
    Type of riding: More commuting than I would like, Lots of canyon @ a newb to fair pace, Quite a few passes up at Bandimere speedway with burnouts, Rode these all year including all threw winter in all temps from 15*-95*
    Review: Extremely happy with the PP2ct's, always provided great feel and grip in almost all conditions. Probably could have stretched the mileage a bit further without the days at the drag strip, but not dissapointed at all with these. I ride my bike pretty much every day that its not snowing or monsoon season, and even in the wet, I was still very confident with the bike. Once these get warm they are STICKY too, far more tire than I could ever use on the street, but again thats where the confidence came into play, and they did that in spades! Would deffinatly recommend these to just about anyone, only downfall really is the mileage, but even with me beating the living hell out of them, I got more mileage than most people have advertised so I'm not complaining at all! Next up is a barely used set of Dunlop Q2's for a smoking deal that I couldn't pass up. Plus this will be a great comparison of a shitty riders opinion of 2 of the top rated street tires out today! Will be interesting to see the positives/negatives of each brand and how they feel on the bike given the same rider/suspension settings/etc.
    -Mick-
    1990 White/Black Eagle Talon TSi: The "Caged" cage.. 792hp/623tq- 9.98@144.77mph
    2008 Yamaha R1 Raven: 10.7@134 - DNA race air filter, Gutted cats and modded factory cans, -2 front sprocket!
    2007 Yellow/Grey GSXR1000: 11.24@143.4mph- Stolen... Me sad panda...