Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What would you do?

Re: What would you do?

Quote Originally Posted by vort3xr6 View Post
    What about going after him with the employment board? It is illegal for a previous employer to make false claims that cause you not to get a job. Going that route might yield a better advantage.
    Nope, according to the employment commission, I don't count as an employee as I wasn't being paid a salary yet so I don't meet the definition. While yes I was working for him, he denied I was to the authorities and since I can't prove it by a pay stub or contract they won't get involved. They would not accept the 100s of emails asking me to do this or that or talking about meetings and work.

Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    Yep...

maybe its time to bring in The Wolf...
    Or

In my opinion??

Go make him an offer he can't refuse.

Attachment 16765
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Last edited by modette99; Mon Nov 7th, 2011 at 05:10 PM.

Last edited by modette99; Mon Nov 7th, 2011 at 05:11 PM.

barrett .50 and a half mile distance with no wind.. problem solved lol
    -Eugene-

2007 black hayabusa touring beast
    2003 KTM 525sx/exc hybrid
    2002 black and blue hayabusa- (SOLD)
    2000 ZX7R STREETFIGHTER-(SOLD)

Quote Originally Posted by modette99 View Post
    You have the legal right to sue in small claims...yeah it won't be $$$$$ of money but if you win it shows this guy is a loser and proof you had to sue him for slander, (no one will believe anything he has to say ever again...you might have to show that winning court paper on interview/resume but oh well) you have witnesses use them, and for those that don't want to show get them to write it down and notarize it.

It will be hard for him to defend himself when witnesses claim he said such and such and initiated the call to potential employers. Especially witnesses that have no connection to YOU.

Man CO sure works different, we could not even verify employment for fear of saying something wrong and being sued in MI...LOL That was my companies policy, your legally allowed to say yes they work here, and yes they worked here during this time frame, but you could not say if they sucked, if they were a bad worker.
    Small claims court isn't an option. Directly from the Colorado Small claims handbook.

The small claims court is a “court of limited jurisdiction.”

The small claims court can only handle certain kinds of claims. Basically, these are simple cases to recover money or property, perform a contract, set aside a contract, or comply with restrictive covenants. For example, a dispute between a landlord and tenant over the return of a security deposit can properly be brought in small claims court. So can a case involving a car accident, where insurance did not cover the damages to a car.
    There are some things the small claims magistrate (or judge) cannot do, even if you win. The magistrate cannot order someone to stop calling you at 3:00 in the morning or saying bad things ab out you in public. If you need help of this kind, then you should not be in small claims court.

Judge Judy???
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by modette99 View Post
    Double standard, then you don't NEED to tell anyone about working for him...as you never did and it will never come up in an employment search.
    That's not the issue. The issue is he has called just about evey local competitor here in Colorado and the surrounding states (remember small industry not that many companies do this type of work). Some of the companies know this guy and are dealing with similar slander and defimation. I've spoke with all the local guys and none are hiring right now or they don't want the drama associated with this. So somehow I have to come up with the money to move out of state and hope where ever I move hasn't heard this shit.

I will tell you I am a witness to at least one company suing him for defimation (among other things). I have been asked by another company, but they have not descided to sue yet.