Thread: Installing small hitch on Saturn SW2 wagon?

Installing small hitch on Saturn SW2 wagon?

Hey guys im wondering what you think about this, i have a Saturn Sw2 wagon and i was thinking about buying this hitch:

http://www.hitchsource.com/saturn-sc...i-p-25497.html

I only want it so i can haul a dirt bike from Aurora up to the mountains so i dont have to buy a dual sport and ride it up their.

Im assuming i would either have to get a small trailer to tow or one of those front wheel locks that just tows the bike on its rear tire.

Any thoughts?

Dissconected from this world

Re: Installing small hitch on Saturn SW2 wagon?

It doesn't seem a bad idea, just get a trailer because if you did the hitch carrier between that and the bike I would think it would be past the 200ilb tounge cap. Beside it would be a little easier on your shocks. IMO

I've done this. I mounted a class 1 hitch on my 09 a4 so that I could take my R6 to track days. The wiring wasn't too complicated, and it all worked pretty well. The only thing is, since you're limited to class 1, the biggest you can get is probly about 4x8 (i think that's the size I had). but if you just need it for a dirt bike, should work just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Survivalism View Post
    ......or one of those front wheel locks that just tows the bike on its rear tire.

Any thoughts?
    Don't do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    Don't do this.
    The GECCO

You begin your riding career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by tecknojoe View Post
    I've done this. I mounted a class 1 hitch on my 09 a4 so that I could take my R6 to track days. The wiring wasn't too complicated, and it all worked pretty well. The only thing is, since you're limited to class 1, the biggest you can get is probly about 4x8 (i think that's the size I had). but if you just need it for a dirt bike, should work just fine.
    Would the 4x8 be big enough for my F4i? I dont think i will need to haul both bikes at the same time.

Yeah a 4X8 is plenty to haul a F4i. Those Harbor Freight 4X8's are rated I think around 1200lbs. F4i is what?? maybe 450lbs. You'll be fine. You could even haul two bikes on a 4X8, providing you could fit them on it.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; Sun Mar 13th, 2011 at 08:50 PM. Reason: typo
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Yea it will. I towed my R6 in one. May have been 4x7 (whichever is the smallest trailor available at uhaul). And like black knight said, you'll be well under the weight requirements. Put some canyon dancers on it and you'll be good to go. just don't go too fast in any twistys

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    Don't do this.

It might tow it but will it stop it?
    Tom
    '07 ZX-6R
    '12 1199 Panigale S

I have a 4x8 that I pull with my Frontier. I put two bikes on it all the time. At one point, I had a FJR1300 with an FZ1 on it. I had no problems.