Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sat 19th Sun 20th

Sat 19th Sun 20th

Hey guys, me and some friends up here in Westminster are going for a ride both on Sat 19th and Sun 20th. Three bikes so far and looking to get some more peeps for our group. Lemme know if you'd be down and we could arrange a meeting spot, perhaps around 120th and Huron, then heading up to them there hills. If you wanna ride either/or both days, we don't care! Just need more bodies! High 60's all weekend!!! Text 520nineeightzero0 588. Peaces!
    Last edited by thankgod; Wed Mar 16th, 2011 at 12:58 AM. Reason: can't type for s%*@...
    "When you on the track, you have to be enjoying the moment, you have to be flowing, "Be water, My Friend". You try to be the fastest, and it seems a little beet estupid, 20 riders making the same way, lap by lap, but this simple thing: is very complicated." #99

Re: Sat 19th Sun 20th

I'd be down if I wasn't working this weekend, but if it's nice next week/weekend and you guys are going out just let me know and I'd be happy to come

Quote Originally Posted by thankgod View Post
    Just need more bodies!
    Aw guess I'm not invited then lol.

Count me in for Sunday, I'll shoot you a PM and figure out the starting point.

What hills are you going to do? Typical public meeting spots are at a gas station near the mountains where the real ride begins, that way people who already live close by don't have to drive into Denver just to head straight back. So if you can elaborate more on the plan I might join you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Hahahaha.
    Last edited by Vellos; Wed Mar 16th, 2011 at 01:52 AM.
    George Mock | 2008 ZX6R | GoPro Hero | 3:551 5806

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Of course you are.

Count me in for Sunday, I'll shoot you a PM and figure out the starting point.
    Word!
    [QUOTE=Vellos;549022]What hills are you going to do? Typical public meeting spots are at a gas station near the mountains where the real ride begins, that way people who already live close by don't have to drive into Denver just to head straight back. So if you can elaborate more on the plan I might join you guys.

We're located in Westminster so if anyone want's to meet that lives in this area,around 9:00-9:30ish?, I what I had planed for Saturday...Westy> I25->I70->Meet whomever in Golden->6 Hwy->Black Hawk->119 Hwy->Nederland->Lunch in Boulder? I'm open to suggestions. I think it's called p2p up to from BH to Neds? Then Sunday maybe heading up to Estes if it's not too cold. We still have time to plan something.
    "When you on the track, you have to be enjoying the moment, you have to be flowing, "Be water, My Friend". You try to be the fastest, and it seems a little beet estupid, 20 riders making the same way, lap by lap, but this simple thing: is very complicated." #99

its really important to outline every single stop and road taken in a public forum that everyone can see. Just kknow that big brother is watching you

planning on hitting any post lunch canyons as well? if so then I'd prob meet in EP for lunch

I'd like to Meet the Northies up here by 120th and Huron the gas station next to the Cracker Barrel (Circle K). 9-930, then a trip to the Golden StarBucks 10-1030 to meet up with other riders... Gas up, coffee down, then Black Hawk to 119 to Nederland. Maybe Lunch in Neds/Boulder, then if some of us were still in to mood we could coast up and down 7 HWY the rest of he day. Hello Big Brother and Little Sister!
    Quote Originally Posted by OUTLAWD View Post
    its really important to outline every single stop and road taken in a public forum that everyone can see. Just know that big brother is watching you

planning on hitting any post lunch canyons as well? if so then I'd prob meet in EP for lunch
    Last edited by thankgod; Sat Mar 19th, 2011 at 12:30 AM.

Generally, meets on 120th are at ThorCo. History tells me this ride is already ruined because it's posted publicly.
    2008 Honda CBR600RR - Graffiti
    2002 Yamaha WR250F

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Generally, meets on 120th are at ThorCo. History tells me this ride is already ruined because it's posted publicly.
    I would agree.
    '16 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
    '12 Kawasaki Concours14 -
    Sold
    '08 Kawasaki Concours14 -
    Sold
    '05 Suzuki SV1000S - Sold
    '07 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I don't get it. Can't meet new people you enjoy riding with unless you open some of your trips to the public. My riding is 1/3 alone, 1/3 friends, 1/3 public, and I love 'em all.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellos View Post
    I don't get it. Can't meet new people you enjoy riding with unless you open some of your trips to the public. My riding is 1/3 alone, 1/3 friends, 1/3 public, and I love 'em all.
    No, I think it's his tinfoil hat telling him that bigbrother is watching and will be waiting along the route to handz him a ticket.

Really, I think bigbrother waits along that route regardless of whether it's posted here or not.
    1998 VFR800 Interceptor - resurrected and custom tail http://vfrworld.com/forums/5th-gener...98-vfr800.html

1999 DR650SE

Oh I see. I hosted like 10 rides last season and posted the full route every time, never had a LEO 'waiting' for us. Plus this is early season and you guys shouldn't be going too fast up there with the sandy spots, snow melt, and cold roads.

I just wanted an official meet time and a general idea of where were going - how long we'll be out. I'm totally down to meet you guys when you come into Boulder for lunch (I don't want to wake up at 9) and hooligan on St. Vrain. Is that the plan for both Saturday and Sunday, or just one of the two?

Talking Re: Sat 19th Sun 20th

Quote Originally Posted by Vellos View Post
    Yup, sometimes I don't get it either. I just wanted to invite a few more peeps to join up. Don't have any plans? You are welcome to join us. I'm going to ride both days in the same area, possibly going up to Estes Park Sunday. Meeting place for Northies, 104th and 1-25 Shell Station 9:30-10:00am, meeting place for everyone else Golden Star Bucks, 10-10:20am We'll Cruz up 6 hwy to Black Hawk then 119 to Neds, then into Boulder, out then out towards Lyons. Somewhere in there we'll stop for lunch. Shoot me a text. Gotta get going to work...ttyl!

Are they out to get you?

I am not sure what is up this weekend but have subscribed to see where this goes.

Of course you probably don't want an old slow fart tagging along.

Marc
    84 R100RS LE, 14 Ducati MTSGT, 18 Desert Sled, 73 850 Commando, 78 CT90, 14 Ural, 74 Eldorado police, 64 R50/2, 01 DRZ400E, 94 900SS/CR, 77 HD XLCR, 2011 T100, 63 MG Falcone', 75 Ducati 860GT, 2015 Royal Enfield Classic Chrome, 2009 XR1200, 1944 Nimbus, 1989 GB500 https://lomaxcm.smugmug.com/

I might be persuaded to join up in Golden.
    --Dave
    2013 Honda VFR 1200F
    2014 Honda VFR800-SOLD
    2007 Honda VFR800-SOLD

2004 Kawasaki KLX300R

I'll go Sunday.

passed some po' on P2P today between Ned and Ward, luckily I was dodging runoff and potholes, so I wasn't doing anything too stupid...

I won't know if I'm game until the weekend gets closer...but the chances of me slabbing it down to golden to ride back up here are slim...have fun gents

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerinWstuff View Post

Really, I think bigbrother waits along that route regardless of whether it's posted here or not.
    Seems pretty accurate from my experiences.
    "That which does not kill you only postpones the inevitable."

Just joined CSC but looking to get in on some rides. I might be in for Saturday. Just did P2P last week and conditions were great for this time of year.
    2008 Ducati 1098S

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerinWstuff View Post

Why not? It would be fun! I don't know if my other riding buddy is gonna show up because of his daughter...but I'm going regardless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lomax View Post
    Are they out to get you?

I am not sure what is up this weekend but have subscribed to see where this goes.

Of course you probably don't want an old slow fart tagging along.

Marc

For me, it has very little to do with big brother. It's because big rides tend to breed some stupidity. I've been on enough rides where too many people has caused too many problems. People leaving the group and not telling anyone is the worst. When you ride with a few people that ruin the ride, you'll see why many rides go private.
    2008 Honda CBR600RR - Graffiti
    2002 Yamaha WR250F

So how do you meet new people to invite into your private circle if you don't join up with a public ride now and then?

The pre-ride brief is intended to address leaving the ride without notifying the organizer and also to encourage people to ride their own ride.
    1998 VFR800 Interceptor - resurrected and custom tail http://vfrworld.com/forums/5th-gener...98-vfr800.html

1999 DR650SE

On pretty much all the rides I have joined in the past year, there have been no official lead/sweep, and no "pep talk". I am even at fault on this one, I got nominated to lead on one ride and we left a friend behind when they had bike troubles because I didn't know how many were in our group, and there was no sweep.

If I join a public ride I make sure I am either in the front, or in the back, because I have had too many instances where someone has gone down right in front of me. Yes accidents happen, but having to pick someone up out of a ditch because they were riding over their head/skill level is not something I look forward to doing.

It can't be stressed enough that people need to ride their own ride...its far too easy to get caught up in the moment. And just because you are the slowest, doesn't necessarily mean you should sweep. Your most experienced rider, and mechanically/medically minded person should be sweep when at all possible.

I hope to join in on Sunday...