Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sat 19th Sun 20th

Board Newbie

Re: Sat 19th Sun 20th

I'd like to join the ride at the Golden Starbucks on Sunday 10-10:20. Can you post the address? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerinWstuff View Post
    So how do you meet new people to invite into your private circle if you don't join up with a public ride now and then?
    Social events. I've met more people that way than I did on rides. Don't get me wrong, I've met plenty of people on public rides, but way more at the social events.

Quote Originally Posted by OUTLAWD View Post
    On pretty much all the rides I have joined in the past year, there have been no official lead/sweep, and no "pep talk". I am even at fault on this one, I got nominated to lead on one ride and we left a friend behind when they had bike troubles because I didn't know how many were in our group, and there was no sweep.

If I join a public ride I make sure I am either in the front, or in the back, because I have had too many instances where someone has gone down right in front of me. Yes accidents happen, but having to pick someone up out of a ditch because they were riding over their head/skill level is not something I look forward to doing.

It can't be stressed enough that people need to ride their own ride...its far too easy to get caught up in the moment. And just because you are the slowest, doesn't necessarily mean you should sweep. Your most experienced rider, and mechanically/medically minded person should be sweep when at all possible.

I hope to join in on Sunday...
    ^^^ This... Most all rides I've been on are well organized, well planned, and there's plenty of experienced people to help the less experienced. Not about fast pace, and it's about everyone getting through the ride safely. Clear leader/follower and route to the next stop. And the understanding that if someone doesn't catch up, we turn around to go back and see what happened. Making sure that riders understand all hand/foot signals, and how to correctly pass someone, and how not to be an asshole in the pack not allowing the bike behind you to pass. I liked my first few public rides because they were well organized. The first time I went out on a ride, I felt comfortable because of it all.
    2008 Honda CBR600RR - Graffiti
    2002 Yamaha WR250F

I believe it's 114 N. Rubey Dr, Golden CO, 80403 Hwy 93 and Washington.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheatstraw View Post
    I'd like to join the ride at the Golden Starbucks on Sunday 10-10:20. Can you post the address? Thanks!
    "When you on the track, you have to be enjoying the moment, you have to be flowing, "Be water, My Friend". You try to be the fastest, and it seems a little beet estupid, 20 riders making the same way, lap by lap, but this simple thing: is very complicated." #99

Board Newbie

Great! Thanks.

NP Also we'll stop for lunch on saturday at the West End Tavern in Boulder off of Canyon and 9th. Suggestions for lunch on sunday would be appreciated. I was thinking CPK California Pizza Kitchen. HAPPY St. PATTY'S DAY!!!
    "When you on the track, you have to be enjoying the moment, you have to be flowing, "Be water, My Friend". You try to be the fastest, and it seems a little beet estupid, 20 riders making the same way, lap by lap, but this simple thing: is very complicated." #99

i'd be up for sunday =D

If you are thinking pizza in boulder, much better options than CPK

Abos pizza is better and not sit down. If you go to the one on Table Mesa it has better parking.

And I'll show up in Golden on Sunday at 10 for the full ride. Lots of new peeps coming so I'll be there to sweep and make sure everyone gets there safely.
    Last edited by Vellos; Fri Mar 18th, 2011 at 11:22 AM.
    George Mock | 2008 ZX6R | GoPro Hero | 3:551 5806

it's a kiddo weekend for me so I'll have to pass.
    soon my bruthers!!

As I have not ridden with this group in a long time I am going to try and make the Saturday ride.

I will not be riding like an ID10T and will be happy to sweep if needed. I will not be super speeding BTW: Last weekend when I was up in the canyons there was a fair amount of sand still so this kid at least will be taking it fairly easy. I welcome those that want to take it easy to ride with me.

I know the roads up there very well and will see you in Golden around 10 ish.

If this is a problem for the group please feel free to let me know.

I will leave the super cruiser at home and and least ride my semi sport bike.

Marc
    Last edited by Lomax; Fri Mar 18th, 2011 at 06:42 PM.
    84 R100RS LE, 14 Ducati MTSGT, 18 Desert Sled, 73 850 Commando, 78 CT90, 14 Ural, 74 Eldorado police, 64 R50/2, 01 DRZ400E, 94 900SS/CR, 77 HD XLCR, 2011 T100, 63 MG Falcone', 75 Ducati 860GT, 2015 Royal Enfield Classic Chrome, 2009 XR1200, 1944 Nimbus, 1989 GB500 https://lomaxcm.smugmug.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Lomax View Post

I will not be riding like an ID10T and will be happy to sweep if needed.

When have you ever ridden like an idiot? I've never seen it when riding with you.
    You must be fast, 'cuz I was haulin' ass when I passed you.

Wade
    '01 TL1000S

Another version for TL is "sounds like Thunder - fast like Lightning"
    Imagine it was said by a Hardley rider!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nissn1 View Post
    theres no soul in R1's only r-soles

I'll make it on Sunday, I'm On-Call so I may need to leave any moment, but I'll at least let the "Sweeper" know if I do!
    €~~~ Ramon Uribe ~~~€. 2011 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R (Current 2019)

-"CSC Community" Trailer - Is Available As Of (Stolen!!!!!!!) FML - @ My Home
    720-475-6984

Wade, I was just letting others know where I am coming from and if slower riders wished to go on this I would be happy to accommodate them and the general group.

Now don't ruin my reputation.

Long time no see , I hope everything is well with you.

See you tomorrow ???

Marc
    84 R100RS LE, 14 Ducati MTSGT, 18 Desert Sled, 73 850 Commando, 78 CT90, 14 Ural, 74 Eldorado police, 64 R50/2, 01 DRZ400E, 94 900SS/CR, 77 HD XLCR, 2011 T100, 63 MG Falcone', 75 Ducati 860GT, 2015 Royal Enfield Classic Chrome, 2009 XR1200, 1944 Nimbus, 1989 GB500 https://lomaxcm.smugmug.com/

I wish I could make it tomorrow, but it won't happen. Hopefully we can get together for a ride this summer.
    You must be fast, 'cuz I was haulin' ass when I passed you.

Wade
    '01 TL1000S

Another version for TL is "sounds like Thunder - fast like Lightning"
    Imagine it was said by a Hardley rider!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nissn1 View Post
    theres no soul in R1's only r-soles

Quote Originally Posted by OUTLAWD View Post
    On pretty much all the rides I have joined in the past year, there have been no official lead/sweep, and no "pep talk". I am even at fault on this one, I got nominated to lead on one ride and we left a friend behind when they had bike troubles because I didn't know how many were in our group, and there was no sweep.

If I join a public ride I make sure I am either in the front, or in the back, because I have had too many instances where someone has gone down right in front of me. Yes accidents happen, but having to pick someone up out of a ditch because they were riding over their head/skill level is not something I look forward to doing.

It can't be stressed enough that people need to ride their own ride...its far too easy to get caught up in the moment. And just because you are the slowest, doesn't necessarily mean you should sweep. Your most experienced rider, and mechanically/medically minded person should be sweep when at all possible.

I hope to join in on Sunday...
    I'm guilty of this on the "ride or die" ride we had last year near the beginning of the season. Luckily I had Dave there to help me and he ended up sweeping. Had a pretty big group and no one ended up going down fortunately.
    -Greg
    2013 BMW R1200GS

Quote Originally Posted by SaShWhO View Post
    it's a kiddo weekend for me so I'll have to pass.
    soon my bruthers!!
    Wish we had that Repsol there (so the big brother
    cadets will stop YOU while we're riding) jk.

Good ride today all. Well for all four of us. Good to meet some new people.

And now for proof.

Marc

damn im sorry i missed this! so beautiful outside.. went for a nice long solo ride!

Quote Originally Posted by Think View Post
    I'm guilty of this on the "ride or die" ride we had last year near the beginning of the season.

haha...wasn't even thinking of that ride...guess I don't consider it a ride if I don't have to at least fill up once

same plan for tomorrow? I'll try to get down to golden, if I can resist the urge to do some 12 oz curls tonight
    Last edited by OUTLAWD; Sat Mar 19th, 2011 at 06:34 PM.

Me too, (12 oz curls) it was fun and very nice to meet you all...was a little slow but very enjoyable. Sweet pics... yeah same plan tomorrow except everyone meet at the Star Bucks in Golden...c ya!

I'm in for Sunday! See you guys at Golden Starbucks at 10am. I'm hoping to catch the MotoGP race at 1pm, so I may split off from the pack at around 12.

See you fools in the morning!!

Would totally be able to make this if you guys were meeting .5 - 1 hour later
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Quote Originally Posted by Zach929rr View Post
    Would totally be able to make this if you guys were meeting .5 - 1 hour later
    You wanna go on a separate ride closer to us? I just want to ride mang.

Just depends on Jbomb
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd