Thread: Recommend a bank?

Recommend a bank?

Trouble with my bank; Chase.

I have a credit union but they are too far for daily business. I'm at 120th and I-25 currently but plan to move to Golden by year's end.

I'd like to get feedback and suggestions regarding banks CSC members are using. Who do you use for day to day stuff including online bill payment? Are you happy and would you recommend your bank?

Edit: If you feel more comfortable with sending me a PM, by all means do. Thanks!
    Last edited by CaptGoodvibes; Tue Mar 22nd, 2011 at 10:29 PM.

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Re: Recommend a bank?

Is your C.U. not in the CO-OP Network or a member of "CU Service Centers"? My CU is in IL, but I can do my "daily" business, pretty much anywhere. There are shared CO-OP and CUSC branches across the entire Denver metro.
    Last edited by ~Barn~; Tue Mar 22nd, 2011 at 09:20 PM.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Funny that you mention moving to Golden, too. One of my favorite CUSC "branches" is Credit Union of The Rockies, on 19th..... In Golden.
    Last edited by ~Barn~; Tue Mar 22nd, 2011 at 09:20 PM.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

pm sent

I use citywide as my regular checking. They have a branch at 120th and grant. The one closest to you in Golden will be at Ward road just north of I-70 next to Kaiser.

I have been with them since '78. It's been good for my regular checking. Any savings and loans I go with Bellco.

I can recommend Bank of the West. I have been using them for about 7 years and have been quite satisfied. They have managed to maintain the small bank feel in the branches while being a large bank. They cover most of the western half of the US and are a subsidiary of the largest bank in the world

Haven't had a problem with BotW yet. I don't really use much of their services, although they did try to rape me on the interest rate on a loan. The loan services gal was nice enough to recommend me to Bellco though.
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

We have Chase, our branch has been great with our personal banker. Even have our house with them, and got $500 back during the refinance after I made a complaint to keep us happy.

If I was to pick another bank, I would pick ENT I was in there seeing about a vehicle loan and they seemed friendly and nice. Very helpful.

My Credit Union is in DC...not sure if I can work through any other credit unions. Mainly have savings and the credit card with them as they have the best APR rate 6.44%
    Last edited by modette99; Wed Mar 23rd, 2011 at 11:22 AM.

I brought all my shoes and all my glasses so I would have them

been using VectraBank for 12 years, no complaints, good service, and haven't ever been declined on a loan (bought 4 bikes through them).
    ~Travis~
    It's okay...I'm a Doctor.
    Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
    Everybody on CSC knows everything
    2003 GSX-R600 - Former Love
    2003 Kawasaki ZX6R - Former Love
    1999 Suzuki TL1000R - Former Love
    2004 DRZ400E - New Dirty
    2002 KFX 650 - Quad

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

Just opened an acct through Vectra as well.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

Have been with Chase for a few years and was with Wells Fargo before that. I'd never go back to them, but I"m happy with Chase. Credit Unions are the way to do, and yeah, look into the CO-OP network thing. But remember, there are limits to using co-op branches because your credit union is required to pay the co-cop branch for every transaction you make. Usually, ATM transactions are free with no limits, but some say no more than a certain amount per month.
    2008 Honda CBR600RR - Graffiti
    2002 Yamaha WR250F

How much walk-in business do you actually do?

My CU is across town and the only time I've ever gone to the branch was when I was signing loan papers or the like.

Everything else is handled online or at ATMs. The CO-OP network is great. I haven't paid an ATM fee in 8 years. They're in most (if not all) 7-11s... and those are local to everybody. Hell. I have 3 within a mile of my house.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post

My CU is across town and the only time I've ever gone to the branch was when I was signing loan papers or the like.

Everything else is handled online or at ATMs. The CO-OP network is great. I haven't paid an ATM fee in 8 years. They're in most (if not all) 7-11s... and those are local to everybody. Hell. I have 3 within a mile of my house.
    I'm old fashioned I prefer going into banks and having the employees know me...that way if you need help on a matter they are more likely to help you as they have a bond with you. however my wife rather do everything at the ATM, were I go in and usually the personal banker does the withdraw for me and what not and we chit-chat...I hardly ever go to the cashier myself.

I recommend Bank of America. I started with BOA when I was living in Oklahoma. The unfortunate thing is when I moved back here to Colorado there aren't any BOK branches here. With there Online banking, and atm's all over Colorado I decided just to continue banking with them. Just recently BOA added several atm's here in Colorado that you can make multiple check deposits, cash deposits that are applied to your checking/savings accounts instantly.

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

I have US Bank - they are ok, screwed up my account a few times over the past 15 yrs, bill pay is awesome.
    I also had New Horizon CU for 20 years until a few weeks ago. I believe they changed their name to Federal CU or something. No problems with them, great customer service while doing business inside their location.
    I also have Bellco CU - they are fine as well.
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Sol Performance - Pirelli Tires

Always had good experience with Chase. Left wells fargo. The only reason I don't like chase now is that they don't do loans.

Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post

Almost none. I'll look into the co-op everyone is recommending. Perhaps my CU is in the network. I've only used them for two bike loans but they seem like a decent organization.

try navy fcu

Avoid WellsFargo at all costs.

INGDirect is the best online bank, by far. Best rates, best customer service, best everything.

Bellco has been the best brick n mortar institution I've worked with.
    www.cocsba.com

'00 ZX12R
    '03 SV1000

Cash is KING, banks are overrated.
    "Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame" - Benjamin Franklin

SV650

Quote Originally Posted by Finklestein87 View Post
    Cash is KING, banks are overrated.
    But you need a bank to keep your money in...LOL Unless you prefer the mattress method which is not usually wise to keep $100K+ in a mattress or home safe.