Thread: Q2 vs PP2CT

Q2 vs PP2CT

Wanted to know if anybody has ran both of them and the ups and downs of each. I been looking up alot of online reviews and it seems that both are GREAT tires. I am running the Pilot Powers right now and they haven't failed me YET.

Re: Q2 vs PP2CT

You will never be able to tell the difference, they are both good performance tires. I buy whichever I can get cheaper.

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

I think there have been MANY discussions on both of these tires, but I'll give you my impressions.

I went through 2 sets of the 2CTs and couldn't get comfortable on them. At IMI, the front end was slipping on me through most of the turns. Once I got the Q2s, I was instantly confident in them and never had them slip on me. That's my impression in a nutshell, since I'm sure I've said more about it elsewhere on the forum.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

I have PP2CT's on the bimmer and they work good (have to use slightly higher LBS to get a comfortable feel) and have a set of Q2's waiting off to the side when these get burned out (prob middle of summer).
    '95 Suziki GSXF 600 (Katana) (sold)
    '10 BMW S1000RR (aka. Black Betty) Thunder Grey (Totaled)
    '11 BMW S1000RR (aka Bumblebee) Shine Yellow

If you love something, set it free. If it comes back to you, you probably high sided.

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Quote Originally Posted by 1BadSvt View Post
    Wanted to know if anybody has ran both of them and the ups and downs of each. I been looking up alot of online reviews and it seems that both are GREAT tires. I am running the Pilot Powers right now and they haven't failed me YET.
    Look under the "Tire Mileage" (probably misnamed) thread in this forum for detailed impressions of these and other tires.
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

That works and thanks for your guys thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    You will never be able to tell the difference, they are both good performance tires. I buy whichever I can get cheaper.
    I feel the same way. I had no issues with the 2CT during spirited riding, but I've never taken them to the track. The Q2 I have on now worked fine when we went down to Bishop's last week. Get whichever set you can get for less $$$.

I've run 2 sets of 2CTs on my R1 and am pretty comfortable on them. I did notice a bit of slipping on the track / spirited canyon rides, but it never gave me any cause for concern as it only happened once or twice and I wasn't sure if it was a tire or road condition issue.

I got a sweet deal on a set of Q2s this year which I couldn't pass up. I just had them installed a couple weeks ago so I can't provide an accurate review. I will try to remember to post up here after I've had a chance to scrub them in and put them through their paces.

Leah
    05 Raven R1
    01 YZ250F

I'm about to mount the pp2ct. I had the regular PP before, looking forward to testing them at HPR

I've had the 2ct's slide a bit at IMI, but they were solid at Pueblo. Haven't run the Q2s.
    Nathaniel
    13 DRZ400SM (mine) -- 08 CBR 600RR (wife's) -- 06 GSX-R 600 (sold)
    I don't always test my code, but when I do, I do it in production.

HPR will eat your 2CT for lunch, the softer sides and abrasive track are an agressive combo.

No slip and slide action...but 2 trackdays went from new to bald on the sides
    Last edited by OUTLAWD; Thu Mar 24th, 2011 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OUTLAWD View Post
    HPR will eat your 2CT for lunch, the softer sides and abrasive track are an agressive combo.
    and the Q2?

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

They did a number on my Q2s, but it wasn't too bad.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

I just think no matter what tire u get, as long as it's soft on the side it's gonna get eaten up. I just didn't know HPR has a real ruff surface...

its still a relatively "green" track, not alot of rubber down, so the surface has its way with your tires

Board Newbie

I've run throught 4 sets of Q2's on my Triumph Street Triple R and am now trying the PP2CT's for the first time. I don't have enough miles on 2CT's yet to evaluate overall performance, although they seem pretty good. The only knock I've heard - not experienced - on the Q2's is that when leaned over they can let go more abruptly than the 2CT's. Next tire change, I'll probably go with best price/availability between the two types.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheatstraw View Post
    The only knock I've heard - not experienced - on the Q2's is that when leaned over they can let go more abruptly than the 2CT's.

really? this is interesting because the PP2CTs have always been known for suddenly letting go...can't speak to the Q2s though

Just mounted my pp2cts. can't wait to go play

just finishing off a set of pp2cts, great tires, im going to the pilot road 2's since im taking some long trips this summer and wanna get the most miles out of the tires. but the pp2cts are great, did have a small slip once but thought it might have been some sand or something..
    -Eugene-

2007 black hayabusa touring beast
    2003 KTM 525sx/exc hybrid
    2002 black and blue hayabusa- (SOLD)
    2000 ZX7R STREETFIGHTER-(SOLD)