Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Traffic Collision!!

Re: Traffic Collision!!

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    I am confused. Did the guy break check you immediately after merging in behind him or did this happen a bit later down the road?
    The guy did not take a break. He was an asshole the whole time.
    1998 VFR800 Interceptor - resurrected and custom tail http://vfrworld.com/forums/5th-gener...98-vfr800.html

1999 DR650SE

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    I am confused. Did the guy break check you immediately after merging in behind him or did this happen a bit later down the road?

immediately,,,,, good to see I'm not the only one LOL (Break),,,,,,, and yes A-Hole all the way,, had there just been a little Courtesy it probably wouldn't have happened, but hey,, what can you do, we live where we live..
    Last edited by DemonRider; Mon Mar 28th, 2011 at 03:32 PM.
    €~~~ Ramon Uribe ~~~€. 2011 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R (Current 2019)

-"CSC Community" Trailer - Is Available As Of (Stolen!!!!!!!) FML - @ My Home
    720-475-6984

^^^ Yeah that needs to be clarified because if the OP merged in and was about to slow and the guy brake checked him before given that chance to slow...int he real world driving a safe distance is not an option most of the time if you ever want to merge in. Well if the insurance felt good with the video I bet the Judge or DA will too...just show up with laptop with that ready to be shown to the DA, Assistant or whoever you get to haggle with. Stand your ground and say you want a Jury Trial...if your video is THAT good. All you do is have to have one Juror side with you. Its like $20 deposit you give for a Jury Trial your entitled to one with a careless citation.

With the video, I'm sure the DA will wave the ticket or drop it to something silly just to get you to make them money by paying a fine.

I need to get a job because this rampant misuse of your is killing me.

Does anyone have respect for the language they speak?
    1998 VFR800 Interceptor - resurrected and custom tail http://vfrworld.com/forums/5th-gener...98-vfr800.html

1999 DR650SE

Quote Originally Posted by DemonRider View Post
    immediately,,,,, good to see I'm not the only one LOL (Break),,,,,,, and yes A-Hole all the way,, had there just been a little Courtesy it probably wouldn't have happened, but hey,, what can you do, we live where we live..

I had a guy that I let in, moved over to the left but needed the right. My exist was coming up and I had the blinker on. he would not let me back in, so I came over anyways and he got MAD, to the point he rode my bumper about an inch off...I slammed the brakes and he went off the road. The guy was a total asshat after I was nice and moved over so he could merge on with ease.

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerinWstuff View Post
    The guy did not take a break. He was an asshole the whole time.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Quote Originally Posted by modette99 View Post
    Does CO have this which would mean the other driver forfeited his right of way by speeding:
    (5) The driver of a vehicle traveling at an unlawful speed shall forfeit a right of way which the driver might otherwise have under this section.
    There's nothing in the law about forfeiting ROW, but I can tell you I may or may not have ( ) had a case where an idiot on a sportbike was was hauling and ran into a school bus. The bus was turning left, which would normally mean the bus driver violated the bike's ROW, except that upon impact, the bus' rear end was rotated about 8'. During the course of the investigation it was determined the motorcycle was traveling in excess of 120 mph and was over one-tenth of a mile from impact when the bus driver began to turn. No charges were filed against the bus driver.

Want me to post in German? Who said English was my first language!!! Don't assume things it makes an ASS out of U and ME

*snickers*
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

I just want to know if the OP was wearing his helmet IN the car with the GoPro.

That's serious dedication and would have picked up the whole situation from start to finish.

1999 DR650SE

Ok, I see the situation different now; thought you did it later down in the road making me think you tailgated him because you were angry he messed with you (hey I have done it many times). Guy was just being an asshole Lucky you didn't get

Brake....yup
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CaneZach View Post
    There's nothing in the law about forfeiting ROW, but I can tell you I may or may not have ( ) had a case where an idiot on a sportbike was was hauling and ran into a school bus. The bus was turning left, which would normally mean the bus driver violated the bike's ROW, except that upon impact, the bus' rear end was rotated about 8'. During the course of the investigation it was determined the motorcycle was traveling in excess of 120 mph and was over one-tenth of a mile from impact when the bus driver began to turn. No charges were filed against the bus driver.
    That is interesting and good to know...maybe CO needs a law. I mean after all if your "speeding" you should forfeit certain rights. Hard to blame a Soccer mom minivan'er when she turns left out of King Soppers and a motorcyclist was doing double, triple or more over the speed limit. The motorcyclist should loose all right of way.

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post
    I'd like to see that one.
    42-4-1004. When overtaking on the right is permitted.

(1) The driver of a vehicle may overtake and pass upon the right of another vehicle only under the following conditions:
    (a) When the vehicle overtaken is making or giving indication of making a left turn;
    (b) Upon a street or highway with unobstructed pavement not occupied by parked vehicles and marked for two or more lanes of moving vehicles in each direction; or
    (c) Upon a one-way street or upon any roadway on which traffic is restricted to one direction of movement where the roadway is free from obstructions and marked for two or more lanes of moving vehicles.
    (1.5) The driver of a motor vehicle upon a one-way roadway with two or more marked traffic lanes, when overtaking a bicyclist proceeding in the same direction and riding on the left-hand side of the road, shall allow the bicyclist at least a three-foot separation between the left side of the driver's vehicle, including all mirrors or other projections, and the right side of the bicyclist at all times.
    (2) The driver of a vehicle may overtake and pass another vehicle upon the right only under conditions permitting such movement in safety. In no event shall such movement be made by driving off the pavement or main-traveled portion of the roadway.

Basically, it means you are following someone on a two-laned road (one lane in each direction) and the guy in front of you is turning left onto another street where there is no left turn lane. You can go around them, as long as there is sufficient space between the turning vehicle and the curb or road edge. You are not allowed to drive off the roadway and onto a shoulder to complete the pass.

you're all awesome. I'm glad folks around here have a good sense of humor and don't get all butthurt over shit -

unless it was a really big one

Want me to post in German? Who said English was my first language!!! Don't assume things it makes an ASS out of U and ME
    your = possessive. Your asshole
    you're = contraction. You are an asshole.
    Last edited by TinkerinWstuff; Mon Mar 28th, 2011 at 03:49 PM.

1999 DR650SE

you're all awesome. I'm glad folks around here have a good sense of humor and don't get all butthurt over shit -

your = possessive. Your GoPro
    Big what? Butt!!!!!

Big what? Butt!!!!!

sorry, I changed my post to better show the contrast in meaning.

Which side are you allowed to pass that on?

1999 DR650SE

Basically, it means you are following someone on a two-laned road (one lane in each direction) and the guy in front of you is turning left onto another street where there is no left turn lane. You can go around them, as long as there is sufficient space between the turning vehicle and the curb or road edge. You are not allowed to drive off the roadway and onto a shoulder to complete the pass.
    I thought you were going to post up about if you're on the highway and trying to pass someone, and they speed up so you can't pass them.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

sorry, I changed my post to better show the contrast in meaning.

Which side are you allowed to pass that on?
    I'd pass on all of it.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

what can you do, we live where we live..
    FWIW, generally speaking, drivers here are very courteous...try having someone "let" you merge most other places...you are more likely to get run off the road.

so when is it legal to pass in the shoulder, doing a wheelie, while flipping off the person you are passing?

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post
    I thought you were going to post up about if you're on the highway and trying to pass someone, and they speed up so you can't pass them.
    Sorry, Wick. I thought you wanted to overtaking on the right. Here's the law about failing to yield when being overtaken:

42-4-1003. Overtaking a vehicle on the left.

(1) The following rules shall govern the overtaking and passing of vehicles proceeding in the same direction, subject to the limitations, exceptions, and special rules stated in this section and sections 42-4-1004 to 42-4-1008:
    (a) The driver of a vehicle overtaking another vehicle proceeding in the same direction shall pass to the left of the vehicle at a safe distance and shall not again drive to the right side of the roadway until safely clear of the overtaken vehicle.
    (b) The driver of a motor vehicle overtaking a bicyclist proceeding in the same direction shall allow the bicyclist at least a three-foot separation between the right side of the driver's vehicle, including all mirrors or other projections, and the left side of the bicyclist at all times.
    (c) Except when overtaking and passing on the right is permitted, the driver of an overtaken vehicle shall give way to the right in favor of the overtaking vehicle on audible signal and shall not increase the speed of the driver's vehicle until completely passed by the overtaking vehicle.

(c) Except when overtaking and passing on the right is permitted, the driver of an overtaken vehicle shall give way to the right in favor of the overtaking vehicle on audible signal and shall not increase the speed of the driver's vehicle until completely passed by the overtaking vehicle.
    I had a lady try and do that to me on the way to Loveland on Saturday. Going the same speed as the car in the middle lane. I waited and waited, got tired of waiting for her to do something, as soon as I made my way over to the right lane to pass both of them, she speeds up and tries to not let me get in front of her. I just stayed in the right lane and passed more people, and eventually got ahead of her.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

Did you contact your insurance co. yet with the information that the officer also gave the other driver a ticket? That in and of itself may clear them from having to pay anything out. Cops issuing him a ticket is also assignment of fault. However, since you both have tickets now, it can get into that gray area of who's MORE at fault. But, at least it's a step in the right direction.

Also - where there any other cars in front of him, or any other obstacles that he may use an excuse for braking? Lastly, what was traffic flow like... slow, or posted speeds?

your = possessive. Your asshole
    Haha! Too funny.

I have nothing to add. Just here for the grins. =)