Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Traffic Collision!!

Re: Traffic Collision!!

clearly, if Ramon rear-ended him he had already merged behind him.

I think the brake check could be considered a seperate incident and he could fight the ticket in court. That's what I would do just to fuck with the guy and teach him a lesson.

Think about what could've happened if his kids were in the car and someone seriously got hurt.
    Last edited by Sleev; Mon Mar 28th, 2011 at 07:20 PM.
    I have no idea what you're talking about.

I just got back from NYC. Thank God we don't drive like that here... lol

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerinWstuff View Post
    I just want to know if the OP was wearing his helmet IN the car with the GoPro.

That's serious dedication and would have picked up the whole situation from start to finish.
    Sorry Tink, no helmet in the car hahaha, although next time maybe I'll, nevermind!!! It's funny about the English thing,,, every time I read some of these posts and threads on here also the text messages I get most the time these days I have to Google things like BTW, FML, noob, BRB, and stuff like that just to know what the heck they stand for and now I gotta find out what you all mean by "OP" I must be getting old, Damn!!

Well I guess we will find out on April 26th 8:00 am,,,, Damn Court, I was really thinking it would just go away, maybe between now and then who knows.
    €~~~ Ramon Uribe ~~~€. 2011 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R (Current 2019)

-"CSC Community" Trailer - Is Available As Of (Stolen!!!!!!!) FML - @ My Home
    720-475-6984

Original Poster
    I have no idea what you're talking about.

Origami Poser
    Ocean Pacific
    Other People's
    October Penitentiary
    Orthogonal Protuberance

Hey, this is fun.
    1989 Honda Hawk,2005 crf250x supermoto

It is better to communicate good information than to offer misinformation in the name of good communication. Alastair B Fraser

My best and most illegal experience with the topic;

Was in Boulder coming off the 36 and trying to merge onto Baseline road going east. Some fuckstick decided to be an ass and wouldn't let me merge between him and the garbage truck in front of him. If he would have been any closer to the garbage truck trying to prevent me from merging, he would have been inside the truck. I finally just downshifted the Civic and illegally passed the garbage truck on the right (was driving on the shoulder by this point) merging with plenty of room.

I always let people in. Like getting in front of one car is going to do anything for your penis size, number of lady friends, personal income, or time to destination....

On the east coast, people stop at the bottom of acceleration lanes. The merge lanes are so short and few people will let anyone in so all they can do is stop at the bottom and wait for a spot to gun it.
    1998 VFR800 Interceptor - resurrected and custom tail http://vfrworld.com/forums/5th-gener...98-vfr800.html

1999 DR650SE

^^I'm fine letting people in, but if you clearly have a merge ahead of you, then you make no attempt to merge until you get all the way to the point where you're out of room and then try to jam yourself into traffic to cut off 4 cars, your ass isn't getting let in. Get in line like everybody else.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MetaLord 9 View Post
    ^^I'm fine letting people in, but if you clearly have a merge ahead of you, then you make no attempt to merge until you get all the way to the point where you're out of room and then try to jam yourself into traffic to cut off 4 cars, your ass isn't getting let in. Get in line like everybody else.
    ^^^ This. I hate those people that think they need to be ahead of 3 or 4 more cars. It's NOT going to make a difference, wait your turn like everyone else.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

It makes the most sense for traffic flow if everyone waited until the lane ended to try to merge. If everyone from the ending lane merges over the course of a 1/4mile , it just backs up the middle lane to a near stop further back.
    1998 VFR800 Interceptor - resurrected and custom tail http://vfrworld.com/forums/5th-gener...98-vfr800.html

1999 DR650SE

I'm not opposed to letting someone in. But i sure hate it when I'm a nice guy and I let someone in, then they drive like a grandma douche. I also can't stand it when someone tries to merge onto a freeway with traffic moving at 55, when they are going 40. Then people on the freeway slow down, which causes traffic. People on the highway SHOULDN'T have to slow for oncoming traffic.
    2008 Honda CBR600RR - Graffiti
    2002 Yamaha WR250F

I hate people that run merge lanes out, the sign told you to merge over a mile ago but yet you FAIL at reading and life. Especially when two lanes turn left onto an Interstate (like at Baptist Rd & I25). there will be a line up for the left lane but no one in the right which is the correct lane as those in the left are suppose to merge to the right after making the turn....but they don't. I just hold my ground its why I have a $100 deductible let them explain to the cop why they did not merge and why they hit me. *shrug*

I have noticed in CO people fail to understand the merge signs. In FL you can get a ticket for riding those lanes out, you are suppose to make an attempt to merge as soon as you see the sign that says "your losing that lane". I wish there was a rule here.

I remember once at the Costco in Denver that the sign said merge left, but people were backed up in the right side. I was turning left into this cluster fuck and I obeyed the sign and stayed left people got pissed off, I simple pointed to the sign and yelled "learn to read". I was not cutting a LINE, I have no idea why you all were int hr right (broke down, accident, a turn to the right I did not see!!!).

I still remember some asshat women that stopped on the entry ramp of I25 at Baptist Rd, complete stop, I just with one smooth motion of the wheel went around on the right...she honked at me. Its why we have a MERGE lane lady, get up to 70-80mph and merge in *shaking my head to this day at her* Sorry lady your minivan can not get up to speed to merge in from a dead stop, and people behind you don't know what the HELL you are doing, that type of person is going to kill someone doing that shit. But I do see it happening here sometimes.

Or the person that has a merge lane say over on Powers, getting onto Powers from one of the many side roads by the mall there. They stop and do not use the merge lane to MERGE in, I've passed a few people there and been honked at (for all I know your broken down), there is no reason to stop.

So my conclusion is are the people that move to CO from other states (especially CA) that clueless on how a merge lane works?

Kinda like the people that stop for traffic circles because they have no idea what Yield means (it does not mean stop) and they wait for it to be 100% clear. Its not an intersection traffic is suppose to keep moving its why traffic circles WORK (in other countries).
    Last edited by modette99; Tue Mar 29th, 2011 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I'm not opposed to letting someone in. But i sure hate it when I'm a nice guy and I let someone in, then they drive like a grandma douche. I also can't stand it when someone tries to merge onto a freeway with traffic moving at 55, when they are going 40. Then people on the freeway slow down, which causes traffic. People on the highway SHOULDN'T have to slow for oncoming traffic.
    Yep I know what you mean, it does not pay anymore to be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by modette99 View Post
    I hate people that run merge lanes out, the sign told you to merge over a mile ago but yet you FAIL at reading and life.
    I agree with this UNTIL the freeway is fully congested like in rush-hour. Once the freeway is congested, traffic will flow best when everyone files in, every other car, at the lane end. You see this best at ski traffic going up the mountain on 70. If everyone rode their lane happily until it merges 3 lanes to 2, traffic would flow much better. When you have 2 miles of everyone fighting to get out of the lane ending, it completely stops the middle lane for miles.

1999 DR650SE

I agree with this UNTIL the freeway is fully congested like in rush-hour. Once the freeway is congested, traffic will flow best when everyone files in, every other car, at the lane end. You see this best at ski traffic going up the mountain on 70. If everyone rode their lane happily until it merges 3 lanes to 2, traffic would flow much better. When you have 2 miles of everyone fighting to get out of the lane ending, it completely stops the middle lane for miles.
    Bad example to use with me, I have never seen I70 stopped...LOL Its why we ski Monarch...LOL Or Sundays at Loveland, or during the week :-P

Drives me nuts when EVERYONE is merging one car after the other, but one dude refuses to let ONE car in front of him. Come on man, we all have to deal with this BS.

And yeah, that whole thing where people merge way too soon, is pretty funny. I bet I save myself 5 minutes on the drive up the mountain by jumping into the right lane before the top of floyd hill, and flying by the rest of the traffic moving at 1/4 the speed I am, lol.
    2002 Yamaha WR250F

Drives me nuts when EVERYONE is merging one car after the other, but one dude refuses to let ONE car in front of him. Come on man, we all have to deal with this BS.

And yeah, that whole thing where people merge way too soon, is pretty funny. I bet I save myself 5 minutes on the drive up the mountain by jumping into the right lane before the top of floyd hill, and flying by the rest of the traffic moving at 1/4 the speed I am, lol.
    Don't do it with me, I watch my mirrors I've sent a few into the shoulder/ditch...LOL Get in line like everyone else, funny part is I typically end up passing the person that road the merge lane out.

Quote Originally Posted by modette99 View Post
    Don't do it with me, I watch my mirrors I've sent a few into the shoulder/ditch...LOL Get in line like everyone else, funny part is I typically end up passing the person that road the merge lane out.
    You're the guy I take the ditch to get around. You don't understand that traffic would flow better, when it's already gridlocked, if everyone rode it to the lane end and merged nicely. Who put you in charge of when people get to file in? We should probably just close the 3rd lane down way back at Denver before the hill and not have 3 lanes at all?

1999 DR650SE

Think about the line for a ski lift. Alternate, alternate, alternate... Everyone gets in, and it's fair.
    2002 Yamaha WR250F

Think about the line for a ski lift. Alternate, alternate, alternate... Everyone gets in, and it's fair.
    Can you imagine the mess it would be if they didn't have the ropes forcing people to merge at the end of the line instead of willy-nilly whenever?

1999 DR650SE

CSC co-founder

After the video, was there any talk about your ticket getting changed?????????????????
    PHX, AZ

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

Can you imagine the mess it would be if they didn't have the ropes forcing people to merge at the end of the line instead of willy-nilly whenever?
    Depends on who you ask. I'd just knock over the newbies with crappy balance and walk right on.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

On the east coast, people stop at the bottom of acceleration lanes. The merge lanes are so short and few people will let anyone in so all they can do is stop at the bottom and wait for a spot to gun it.

haha...I used to love that when I was commuting in my dart...0-60 in 4 seconds will surprise quite a few commuters

where I come from, the dart was known for rusting the rear spring shackles until they snapped and popped through the trunk.

1999 DR650SE

You're the guy I take the ditch to get around. You don't understand that traffic would flow better, when it's already gridlocked, if everyone rode it to the lane end and merged nicely. Who put you in charge of when people get to file in? We should probably just close the 3rd lane down way back at Denver before the hill and not have 3 lanes at all?
    See you are talking gridlocked in that case your not flying around 100 cars at 90mph to cut in line, your waiting to get over as it is gridlocked.

This is gridlocked.

I'm talking normal everyday none gridlocked. Yeah if your not hauling ass thinking "I'll cut 100 cars in line" then no I have no issue and I let people in. I've run, merge lanes out when people have not let me in...I'm pretty aggressive so if I want in, I'll come in (again its why I have insurance). All you do is have to pick the nicest, expensive car you see and come over, they tend to move...LOL

Yep, I like the ski analogy...funny part is it never works smoothly and they have ropes to help guide people. Mainly doe snot work at like Breckenridge where the there are so many lines, that people don't understand its about taking turns...and I have no problem if its a family and they say "hey can we go in front of you to stay together when we get off"...NO problem. but don't try and go when its not your turn (why I hate Breckenridge, lift lines).