Thread: Coffee Run - 4/2/11 - ABATE of Colorado

Coffee Run - 4/2/11 - ABATE of Colorado

Hello,

This coming Saturday is ABATE of Colorado's 4th Annual Coffee Run. Starts at 9am and ends at 2pm. There are 4 stops to visit, and you have to sign in at the first location. However you don't have to start at 9am, you can start when ever you'd like between 9 and 2 as you have to be at the last stop by/before 2pm.

Poker Run, 50/50, Door prizes.
    $10 / person
    $15 / couple

The Coffee Shops (All in Aurora):
    1st stop (sign in) Caribou Coffee @ 13700 E. Colfax
    2nd stop Bean Tree Coffee shop
    3rd stop The Grind Coffee House
    4th stop Carino's Coffee

The money goes to ABATE District 10. ABATE is a motorcycle rights organization. For those of you wanting to know more about ABATE, there will be members you can speak to there. I will be at one of the stops for a little bit but then have some other events to be at.

If you like coffee, hanging out with other motorcyclists swapping stories, and riding around town in nice weather. This event is for you.

If you have any questions about anything, please feel free to reply or PM me.
    Last edited by KFinn; Tue Mar 29th, 2011 at 10:33 PM.
    Kevin
    ---------
    '07 Yamaha R6

|-| MRA #28 |-| Proud & Active ABATE Member |-| MSF & MOST Rider Coach |-|

2012 Sponsors:
    |-| ABATE of Colorado |-| Souls Path Hypnosis |-| Talbot Communications |-| Material Grafx |-| Rebellion Motorsports |-| Sol Performance |-| Pirelli|-| Vickery Motorsports |-| Contour |-|

Re: Coffee Run - 4/2/11 - ABATE of Colorado

woah, that's pretty cool. Coffee Houses?
    1998 VFR800 Interceptor - resurrected and custom tail http://vfrworld.com/forums/5th-gener...98-vfr800.html

1999 DR650SE

Yup! A cool way to gather and socialize I think. I can't take credit for the idea by any means.

[My point of view]ABATE is an organization comprised of people (riders, passengers, enthusiasts etc)
    As the people, we try to do things we enjoy as a group of people, as an organization. Coffee, restaurants, going to the races, cook outs, motorcycle events and shows... these are all things we like to go do and so as the members we all have a say in what the org does. Pretty cool to be active and be a voice that is heard. [/my point of view]
    Kevin
    ---------
    '07 Yamaha R6

2012 Sponsors:
    |-| ABATE of Colorado |-| Souls Path Hypnosis |-| Talbot Communications |-| Material Grafx |-| Rebellion Motorsports |-| Sol Performance |-| Pirelli|-| Vickery Motorsports |-| Contour |-|

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

I will look and see if I can make it before the other ride we have scheduled for Sat.
    "With every broken bone, I swear I lived."

I won't be coming down from fort collins

but it is nice to see something organized that isn't a race to the first bar stool.
    1998 VFR800 Interceptor - resurrected and custom tail http://vfrworld.com/forums/5th-gener...98-vfr800.html

1999 DR650SE

I don't want to derail the intent of this thread, so I will try to make this short and concise. Also please don't interpret any of this as snarky. My hope is the tone is like a good face to face discussion (pretend or role play like you are talking with me. hehe)

We have events that do vary from location and types, but some, are held at bar/restaurants.

Why?
    Because to help gain a good turn out for events and fund raisers, we have to be at locations that people want to go hang out at anyway.

Are all the events bar hopping and drinking via riding? No. The last major event we had was the Corned beef bash. It was a fantastic turnout, at a bar, that severed food and drinks (Including water and pop). Several had hotel rooms nearby reserved, Some people had DD's and car pooled and some didn't drink. Think about it for a second though, would you try to put on a fundraiser and social gathering at a Dentists office? Probably not, Few people enjoy getting their teeth worked on and the location is unlikely to accommodate many occupants.

We are an org of members and take direction from member votes and opinions. So if you are passionate about motorcycle rights & education and would like to see something new happen, please become a member and give your .02. We are only as strong as our membership is.

I do very much appreciate the optimism and positive comments so far though from this thread. I don't want to undervalue that. So thank you.

Sorry not as short as I had hoped.
    Last edited by KFinn; Thu Mar 31st, 2011 at 05:23 PM.
    Kevin
    ---------
    '07 Yamaha R6

2012 Sponsors: