Thread: Shooting in SE Colorado Springs

Shooting in SE Colorado Springs

http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/119116154.html

This was less than 100 ft from my house, happened just after 4AM this morning. My ass was out of bed, in my boxers, gun in hand, faster than the dog could bark.

WTF is up with Colorado? I grew up in Southern California and never had to deal with this kind of BS... I mean shit, I just got back from Iraq exactly a month ago, and this was closer to home than anything I experienced over there. Even the mortars usually landed in motor pools and took out generators, but now back in America I have to worry about stray bullets coming through the walls?

This sh*t pisses me off to no end. I've spent 25 of the last 36 months in Iraq dealing with this BS, and I come home finally to relax and it's almost even worse here! It's one thing to be over there and get shot at or deal with the mortars/rockets/IEDs/etc, you get used to it, and at the end of the day it's just you and your buddy you've got to worry about, and your buddy has gone through all the same training you have, so you both know how to deal with it. It's something else entirely when you're in bed with your wife, and your infant son is in the next room sleeping, and next thing you know *BANG**BANGBANGBANG*.

Gunshots don't scare me. I've been shot at before, and I've experienced death. But I'll tell you this, if any of them had hurt my family, I would have killed every single last f***** one of them.
    Last edited by Sarge; Sat Apr 2nd, 2011 at 09:47 PM.
    '12 BMW S 1000 RR
    '11 Suzuki V-Strom DL-650 *SOLD*
    '07 Aprilia RSV R Factory *SOLD*

Re: Shooting in SE Colorado Springs

Doesn't surprise me, but you don't want to hear my reasoning as to why it doesn't surprise me. I'll be taken for a cop hater when it is not my intent.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post

WTF is up with Colorado? I grew up in Southern California and never had to deal with this kind of BS...
    It's not just Colorado unfortunately, it's any large city. I'm sure you didn't have to look to far north in California (LA) to see major gang violence and daily shootings.

It sucks but this country is being "dumbed down" on a daily basis. It's cool to be baggy pant wearing gang banger. It's cool to be rude and belittle people and no one takes responsibility for their actions any more.

Don't even get me started..

/
    // MRA #888 //
    Current Bikes: 2007 Triumph 675 (race) : 2009 Ducati 1198 : 2004 Yamaha YZ250F : 2011 Ducati 796 Monster (wifes)

That sucks man! Be safe!!!

FWIW, I grew up in SoCal on the border between Santa Monica and Venice and I heard gunfire most nights. Shit was crazy back then!

Quote Originally Posted by Graphite675 View Post
    It's not just Colorado unfortunately, it's any large city. I'm sure you didn't have to look to far north in California (LA) to see major gang violence and daily shootings.

It sucks but this country is being "dumbed down" on a daily basis. It's cool to be baggy pant wearing gang banger. It's cool to be rude and belittle people and no one takes responsibility for their actions any more.

Don't even get me started..

/

LA is actually right in the middle of Southern California, which was kind of my point... San Francisco and whatnot is more than 7-8 hours North of LA, and still hours from the Northern border of the state.
    '12 BMW S 1000 RR

Glad you and the family are safe. Stay vigilant.
    Liberty never came from government. The history of liberty is a history of resistance. The history of liberty is a history of limitations of government power, not the increase of it. Woodrow Wilson, September 9th, 1912

"The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, waistoids, dweebies, dickheads - they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude."

Well i dont have much to say on how it seems the world is going to hell in a hand basket! But It seems there are more and more shootings everyday, but i would like to say to Sarge...THANK YOU for your time and service!!

If you hear gun fire every night in the US maybe its time to move to another area. I've never been woken up by someone shooting.

I was woken up regularly by gunfire when I lived in Phoenix. My neighbor's truck's tire was flattened by a .38. And I didn't even live that far into the ghetto.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrider View Post
    I was woken up regularly by gunfire when I lived in Phoenix. My neighbor's truck's tire was flattened by a .38. And I didn't even live that far into the ghetto.
    well duh. Phoenix averages almost 1 home invasion per day.
    1998 VFR800 Interceptor - resurrected and custom tail http://vfrworld.com/forums/5th-gener...98-vfr800.html

1999 DR650SE

Quote Originally Posted by houdini View Post
    Well i dont have much to say on how it seems the world is going to hell in a hand basket! But It seems there are more and more shootings everyday, but i would like to say to Sarge...THANK YOU for your time and service!!
    Thanks, I always appreciate it.

I was just venting when I posted this. This happened literally TWO HOUSES away from me on the street corner. There's still blood on the pavement. I was cleaning my garage out the next day and these two like 10 year old kids were like "This guy got shot right there last night!!! Look at the blood!" I knew it was close because of how loud it was, but I didn't think that if I were in the back yard I could have made out these guys' faces and even read their license plate. That's just too close for comfort.
    '12 BMW S 1000 RR

Sarge-
    I think you just earned yourself a CIB/CAB!
    2011 Ducati 848 Evo "Bautista"
    2002 Honda RC-51 "Big Boi"

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn!"

OK. Do I looked into this, because I thought there was no way that COS has a higher crime rate than LA.
    I was totally shocked to find out that on a 100K ratio, COS beats LA in forciable rape, burglary and theft. The good news - the murder rate is still considerably higher in L.A.
    Not sure how accurate the data is, but here the link: http://coloradosprings.areaconnect.c...+angeles&s2=CA

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja2 View Post
    OK. Do I looked into this, because I thought there was no way that COS has a higher crime rate than LA.
    I was totally shocked to find out that on a 100K ratio, COS beats LA in forciable rape, burglary and theft. The good news - the murder rate is still considerably higher in L.A.
    Not sure how accurate the data is, but here the link: http://coloradosprings.areaconnect.c...+angeles&s2=CA
    just means that criminals in LA are better shots... lol

06 DR650SE