Thread: Another earthquake in Japan

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar
    Last edited by Mother Goose; Thu Apr 7th, 2011 at 09:25 AM.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Re: Another earthquake in Japan

Woof. Godspeed Nippon.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

wow... craziness.

Pulled this from another forum:
    10 nice things to learn from Japan

1. THE CALM - Not a single visual of chest-beating or wild grief. Sorrow itself has been elevated.
    2. THE DIGNITY - Disciplined queues for water and groceries. Not a rough word or a crude gesture.
    3. THE ABILITY - The incredible architects, for instance. Buildings swayed but didn't fall.
    4. THE GRACE - People bought only what they needed for the present, so everybody could get something.
    5. THE ORDER - No looting in shops. No honking and no overtaking on the roads. Just understanding.
    6. THE SACRIFICE - Fifty workers stayed back to pump sea water in the N-reactors. How will they ever be repaid?
    7. THE TENDERNESS - Restaurants cut prices. An unguarded ATM is left alone. The strong cared for the weak.
    8. THE TRAINING - The old and the children, everyone knew exactly what to do. And they did just that.
    9. THE MEDIA - They showed magnificent restraint in the bulletins. No silly reporters. Only calm reportage.
    10. THE CONSCIENCE - When the power went off in a store, people put things back on the shelves and left quietly
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

^^^ yep, you need to be packing heat here in such a time because it be a fight to buy a pack of water. Also stores here be jacking the prices, or at least take down the "everyday sale" and charge MSRP. So in a way here I don't fill as sorry for business that get looted (the ones that Jack shit up). I remember during the East Coast blackout (remember that) gas stations is MI JACKED the prices...the Attorney General went after them ...some were charging $8 a gallon. I wonder if CO would go after them...price scams seem to be common here I have noticed.

I have a feeling for example if there was one can of beans left on a shelve at King Soopers...one guy that has a cart full of SHIT and one that has NOTHING...the one with a cart full would fill entitled to that ONE can even though he did not NEED that can. However in real tough times he also be the guy that winds up dead and looses his life and all the goods anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by modette99 View Post
    ^^^ yep, you need to be packing heat here in such a time because it be a fight to buy a pack of water. Also stores here be jacking the prices, or at least take down the "everyday sale" and charge MSRP. So in a way here I don't fill as sorry for business that get looted (the ones that Jack shit up). I remember during the East Coast blackout (remember that) gas stations is MI JACKED the prices...the Attorney General went after them ...some were charging $8 a gallon. I wonder if CO would go after them...price scams seem to be common here I have noticed.

I have a feeling for example if there was one can of beans left on a shelve at King Soopers...one guy that has a cart full of SHIT and one that has NOTHING...the one with a cart full would fill entitled to that ONE can even though he did not NEED that can. However in real tough times he also be the guy that winds up dead and looses his life and all the goods anyways.
    What are you a communist? It's supply and demand remember, if demand is huge jacking up the prices is the way it's supposed to be right? Gotta ration the only way you can!

What's next everyone getting what they need to survive??? It's survival of the fittest, if I have a cart full of shit, and the other guy has nothing, well obviously he deserves to die, and I deserve to live!

Quote Originally Posted by modette99 View Post

How does one "fill entitled" or "fill sorry"? I mean, I know people can FEEL those things, but I've never heard of anyone filling them.
    2008 Honda CBR600RR - Graffiti
    2002 Yamaha WR250F

so much negativity. Worry about yourself, share your can of beans if you wish, lead by example, and worry less about whether others chose to share or not.
    1998 VFR800 Interceptor - resurrected and custom tail http://vfrworld.com/forums/5th-gener...98-vfr800.html

1999 DR650SE

Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    wow... craziness.

Pulled this from another forum:
    10 nice things to learn from Japan

1. THE CALM - Not a single visual of chest-beating or wild grief. Sorrow itself has been elevated.
    2. THE DIGNITY - Disciplined queues for water and groceries. Not a rough word or a crude gesture.
    3. THE ABILITY - The incredible architects, for instance. Buildings swayed but didn't fall.
    4. THE GRACE - People bought only what they needed for the present, so everybody could get something.
    5. THE ORDER - No looting in shops. No honking and no overtaking on the roads. Just understanding.
    6. THE SACRIFICE - Fifty workers stayed back to pump sea water in the N-reactors. How will they ever be repaid?
    7. THE TENDERNESS - Restaurants cut prices. An unguarded ATM is left alone. The strong cared for the weak.
    8. THE TRAINING - The old and the children, everyone knew exactly what to do. And they did just that.
    9. THE MEDIA - They showed magnificent restraint in the bulletins. No silly reporters. Only calm reportage.
    10. THE CONSCIENCE - When the power went off in a store, people put things back on the shelves and left quietly

this is what i loved about my year in okinawa, japan when i was in the military, for the most part 99% of people were friendly and honest good people, here you can get your house broken into and shot for 25cents and a tv dinner..
    -Eugene-

2007 black hayabusa touring beast
    2003 KTM 525sx/exc hybrid
    2002 black and blue hayabusa- (SOLD)
    2000 ZX7R STREETFIGHTER-(SOLD)