Thread: Boulder Motorsports

Thumbs up Boulder Motorsports

Bottomline: Highly recommended. THANK YOU, BRIAN, KIM, & BMS TEAM! I’ll be back.

Sarah's Ramble:

The three times I have visited Brian Sharp’s all-Ducati service shop, Boulder Motorsports, I have been treated no less than courteously and professionally. The very first time I walked in was back in Oct 2010, without my bike, but I wanted to see what the shop was all about. Brian was working alone that morning, but he put his tools down for half an hour to give us a tour of the shop and to point out a few of the waaay-more-lovelier-and-expensive-than-mine Ducs awaiting his workmanship.

Impressed by his openness, attitude, and expertise, I promised to bring my bike all the way from Colo Spgs for its 15K mi service, which I expected to occur within the year.

Two Saturdays ago I handed off the Monster at BMS. Donnie was unfailingly polite as he took my information [sidenote: as a female, it is HUGELY appreciated when technicians and salesmen don’t treat me like I’m an idiot (even if I am), creep me out, talk over/ignore me if I'm with a male friend, or give me vibes that they’re going to go all chop-shop on me]. As Donnie confirmed all the work I needed, Brian showed me a couple of the new parts he ordered to install/replace, and both guys listened to and understood my specific concerns for my bike.

I left the shop knowing instinctively that my precious was in good hands.

I picked the Duc back up this past Tuesday. It had taken Brian only a full day to do the tune-up, but with 100mi between us and iffy Spring weather, I had to wait to get the bike. In the past with the now-defunct Pikes Peak Motorsports Ducati division and techs, I always crossed my fingers and gritted my teeth whenever I needed major work done; it didn't help when my last experience took almost 2 weeks to complete as they had to wait for certain parts [sidenote 2: I could’ve gone elsewhere, but not knowing better at the time, I had added a 1-yr service plan to my bike purchase].

Here at BMS, I felt very comfortable and at ease, almost as if I were a part of the team, especially when Brian pulled off the fuel tank to SHOW me what was done (also detailed in a report I received). Plus, as a pure Duc shop, they had all the parts they needed on hand. BMS also did a really nice job cleaning my bike- it was pretty gross when I dropped it off - along with setting it on the Dyno and printing a copy of the results. It gets more horses now than what the specs give!

The overall experience was pricey. BUT I expected that when I bought the Ducati, and again when I decided to take it to one of the best Ducati service shops in the nation. And ya can't go wrong with a place that has a company pooch named Desmo.
    Last edited by aerofaze; Sat Apr 9th, 2011 at 02:18 PM.
    '09 Duc Monster 696
    '00 Suz SV650 (Dad's, garaged with mine)
    I like mountains because they make me feel small.

Re: Boulder Motorsports

good to hear
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

BMS has been my shop of choice for the last 4 years. Brian and his staff have done nothing but treat me right and I wholeheartedly recommend them to anyone who has a Ducati.

GO DESMO!

You can't go wrong with Boulder Motorsports. I've been impressed with these guys since I meet them back in late 2010!

... for Brian and those guys.
    They take care of their customers for sure.
    636 '04
    DRZ400SM '08
    EXC 520 '02

Aero,

Sounds like you have a good shop there, that being said, PPMS has hired a Duc master tech again. For how long, i have NO clue. They apparently will still do Duc service even though they no longer sell them.

Cheers

P.S. I am in NO WAY pimping PPMS, as I'm about 1 service call away from reporting them to BMW N/A for sub-par service.
    '95 Suziki GSXF 600 (Katana) (sold)
    '10 BMW S1000RR (aka. Black Betty) Thunder Grey (Totaled)
    '11 BMW S1000RR (aka Bumblebee) Shine Yellow

If you love something, set it free. If it comes back to you, you probably high sided.

You guys ever watch that "building a superbike" show on speed? it's pretty interesting to watch and features Boulder Motorsports, you just have to stomach all the Ducati elitests talk All the guys from the shop seem to be pretty cool to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by Depths_of_Mind View Post
    ...PPMS has hired a Duc master tech again. For how long, i have NO clue. They apparently will still do Duc service even though they no longer sell them... I'm about 1 service call away from reporting them to BMW N/A for sub-par service.
    Thanks for the note, Chris! Do you know who the new Duc tech there is? I feel sorry for him/her.

And I'm also sorry to hear your Beamer experience at PPMS has been less than satisfactory... Still hatin' on Harley for acquiring the REAL PPMS folks back in early 2009 and getting rid of them one by one after they were "integrated."

Quote Originally Posted by oh10raven View Post
    You guys ever watch that "building a superbike" show on speed? it's pretty interesting to watch and features Boulder Motorsports, you just have to stomach all the Ducati elitests talk All the guys from the shop seem to be pretty cool to deal with.
    I've seen BMS's F042 bike in person, and it's pretty sweet! But Ducati elitists? No WAY...!
    '09 Duc Monster 696
    '00 Suz SV650 (Dad's, garaged with mine)
    I like mountains because they make me feel small.

Naw.. no idea who the Duc tech is.. apparently he worked there before, then left for "Greener Grass" only to be back... so *dunno*.

If you love something, set it free. If it comes back to you, you probably high sided.

Quote Originally Posted by Depths_of_Mind View Post
    P.S. I am in NO WAY pimping PPMS, as I'm about 1 service call away from reporting them to BMW N/A for sub-par service.
    Not to derail but: BMW of Denver has been excellent and would highly recommend them.

John

I bought an Aprilia RSV Factory back in 2007. Unfortunately, the service was being done at Pikes Peak Harley, since they owned Pikes Peak Motorsports. Like Sarah said, "In the past with the now-defunct Pikes Peak Motorsports Ducati division and techs, I always crossed my fingers and gritted my teeth whenever I needed major work done; it didn't help when my last experience took almost 2 weeks to complete as they had to wait for certain parts [sidenote 2: I could’ve gone elsewhere, but not knowing better at the time, I had added a 1-yr service plan to my bike purchase]."
    I would drop my Ape off on a Saturday because I wanted to have it available for the following weekend. Following weekend comes and the bike still isn't ready. They gave me the whole "We're waiting on parts to come in" song-and-dance, but I really suspect the truth is they didn't touch my bike because they were too busy working on their bread and butter; Harleys. Back in 2003, PPHD had a policy of giving priority service to out-of-town HD's, or so their service techs told me when I would drop off my patrol bike and a 5k service would take a week. If a California HD rider was traveling through Colorado and needed service done, their bike would immediately jump to the front of the line. During Summer months, you can imagine how long it would take for them to touch any bike, much less an Ape or Duc. I don't know if the policy is in place, but I saw no reason to believe they'd changed. I sold the Ape after owning it for about 16 months and adding a whopping 5.5k miles. Granted, there always seemed to be a new recall or service bulletin coming out that needed to be taken care of, but it didn't help that it took PPHD at least a week to get anything done.

Yea.. I'm not super happy with them at all. However, my OTHER alternative is an 80 jaunt to get anything done (and I don't always have that kind of time to spare). So rock/me/hardplace ... still <3 the bike though, just not the local dealer.

BMS is worth the drive. They are THE only place to take your Ducati.
    Monster S4R - Munchstrada 1100S - 749R