Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comcast, Funny!;)

Last edited by DemonRider; Fri Apr 15th, 2011 at 06:40 PM.
    €~~~ Ramon Uribe ~~~€. 2011 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R (Current 2019)

-"CSC Community" Trailer - Is Available As Of (Stolen!!!!!!!) FML - @ My Home
    720-475-6984

Re: Comcast, Funny!;)

This is pretty much what I have to deal with on a regular basis, but with Cellphones.
    "Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame" - Benjamin Franklin

SV650

Sometimes Comcast support can be annoying though. I was getting 2MB download speeds (paying for 12) consistently for a couple weeks so I did one of their "live chat" supports to trouble shoot it or have them send someone over.

I already tried bypassing my router and was doing hundreds of speed tests seeing if anything made a difference, but it didn't. When I started the live chat the guy insisted that we do them all again which took about an hour (lots of re-plugging and disconnecting). Then as I was disconnecting again to rewire everything, but when I connected back the guy had closed the chat. So I opened up another one and told the new guy everything that happened, but instead of moving on he had me go do all the tests again for another hour. After all that he started to create a ticket for someone to come over and look at my system, but then I disconnected briefly and when I came back he had closed the chat... and I'm still getting slow service, nobody has even called to come over.
    George Mock | 2008 ZX6R | GoPro Hero | 3:551 5806

Quote Originally Posted by Vellos View Post
    Sometimes Comcast support can be annoying though. I was getting 2MB download speeds (paying for 12) consistently for a couple weeks so I did one of their "live chat" supports to trouble shoot it or have them send someone over.

I already tried bypassing my router and was doing hundreds of speed tests seeing if anything made a difference, but it didn't. When I started the live chat the guy insisted that we do them all again which took about an hour (lots of re-plugging and disconnecting). Then as I was disconnecting again to rewire everything, but when I connected back the guy had closed the chat. So I opened up another one and told the new guy everything that happened, but instead of moving on he had me go do all the tests again for another hour. After all that he started to create a ticket for someone to come over and look at my system, but then I disconnected briefly and when I came back he had closed the chat... and I'm still getting slow service, nobody has even called to come over.
    When is a good time? I'll come over and fix it up, possibly give you a speed increase or some kind of Customer Guarantee for the inconvenience let me know!
    Last edited by DemonRider; Sat Apr 16th, 2011 at 05:50 PM.

720-475-6984

be pro active about it, I called & they saw my speeds were low, a tch was over 24 hrs later & after replacing 2 splitters & a connector outside my dl speed went from 2-9 to 20 mbps!

I've been very happy with Comcast. I'm not sure DSL could touch it.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1255881925.png
    Liberty never came from government. The history of liberty is a history of resistance. The history of liberty is a history of limitations of government power, not the increase of it. Woodrow Wilson, September 9th, 1912

"The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, waistoids, dweebies, dickheads - they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude."

Last edited by Vellos; Sun Apr 17th, 2011 at 11:26 AM.

I don't know, I'm very happy with Comcast.

:::.. Download Test Results ..::: Download Connection is:: 20227 Kbps about 20.2 Mbps (tested with 25 MB) Download Speed is:: 2528 kB/s or 2.5 MB/s Tested From:: http://testmy.net/ (Dallas, TX USA) Validation Link:: http://testmy.net/db/Ma0NZWg Test Time:: 2011-04-17 07:24:23 GMT -7 1MB Download in 0.41 Seconds - 1GB Download in ~7 Minutes - 353X faster than 56K Tested from a 25 MB file and took 10.368 seconds to complete Running at 208% of hosts average (Comcast.net) User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.16) Gecko/20110319 Firefox/3.6.16 [!]

Last edited by The Black Knight; Sun Apr 17th, 2011 at 07:26 AM.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Ramon (DemonRider) came over today and fixed everything.

Thanks much!

Anytime!!! Have fun and let me know if you have anymore issues! My work phone is 720-281-8606 for those up north that might need assistance with there cable issues.
    Last edited by DemonRider; Sun Apr 17th, 2011 at 02:59 PM.

720-475-6984

Ramon (DemonRider) came over today and fixed everything.

Thanks much!
    There ya go, now it's cruising right along. Nice job Ramon.
    Liberty never came from government. The history of liberty is a history of resistance. The history of liberty is a history of limitations of government power, not the increase of it. Woodrow Wilson, September 9th, 1912

"The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, waistoids, dweebies, dickheads - they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude."

H
    Sometimes Comcast support can be annoying though. I was getting 2MB download speeds (paying for 12) consistently for a couple weeks so I did one of their "live chat" supports to trouble shoot it or have them send someone over
    Most isps quote the speeds in mbits while most speed tests and programs report mbytes. 8 bits to a byte. And Comcast doesn't offer 96 mbit connections last I checked. Derp.

In actuality your connection is performing better than the quoted rate.
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

BOOM! School has to be good for something.
    MRA Expert #880 - 2015 AmateurGTO Champion, 2013 NoviceGTU Champion
    2006 YZF-R6 Race "No name" - 2005 YZF-R6 Street "Aurora"
    2015 Sponsors: Dunlop, Speedin Motorsports, STM Suspension, Silkolene Lubricants, EBC Brakes, Pit-Bull Products

Text: (72O) 432-7236

DemonRider, I have a question if you don't mind. I've been looking up service online, and all I want is internet. Do you know anything about my options?

Senior Member Yearly Supporter Swift's Avatar

I'm running on firefox 4

This is out in Castle Rock at my house. We were told 30mbps so I'd say it's pretty damn close considering this is on my laptop.

EDIT:
    Here's the result using Chrome.

Based on this, you can see you're connection speeds vary depending on a lot of different factors including which web browser you use.
    Last edited by Swift; Mon Apr 18th, 2011 at 12:53 AM.
    2003 BMW R1150R - For Sale - PM for details
    2007 BMW 328Xi Coupe - The Cage

Quote Originally Posted by Zach929rr View Post
    H

Most isps quote the speeds in mbits while most speed tests and programs report mbytes. 8 bits to a byte. And Comcast doesn't offer 96 mbit connections last I checked. Derp.

In actuality your connection is performing better than the quoted rate.
    Still don't know what all the bits and byte and that stuff works but our residential services now offer 105MBps

720-475-6984

105Mbps?! How much is that with nothing else? DOCSIS 3.0 modem required right?

Quote Originally Posted by TransNone13 View Post
    105Mbps?! How much is that with nothing else? DOCSIS 3.0 modem required right?
    Ya, 3.0 Modem required at rightnow it is running 105.00 per month plus 7.00 modem rental fee and taxes !

720-475-6984

DemonRider, I have a question if you don't mind. I've been looking up service online, and all I want is internet. Do you know anything about my options?
    Internet only @ 16 MBps I can get it for you for 39.99 plus 7.00 modem rental plus taxes for 12 months

Or for the same price you can also add Starter cable w/ 1 Digital box and HBO or Showtime 39.99+7.00+taxes for the first 12 mo. Then it goes to 54.99+7.00+taxes for the next 12 mo. And the second 12 mo will not have the HBO or Showtime!
    Last edited by DemonRider; Mon Apr 18th, 2011 at 01:37 AM.

720-475-6984

Quote Originally Posted by DemonRider View Post
    Ya, 3.0 Modem required at rightnow it is running 105.00 per month plus 7.00 modem rental fee and taxes !
    That's tempting, I already have a DOCSIS 3.0 modem. Thanks for the info!

That's tempting, I already have a DOCSIS 3.0 modem. Thanks for the info!
    So, same price minus the modem rental of 7.00,,, let me know and I can get the job entered in for you and I'll even come do the install for you if you want

720-475-6984

Can you just come over and uncap the modem for me?
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Become a business class customer. They have far better customer service. But then, I also pay for it. I get 22MB down and 5MB up with a static IP block for $105/mo. My bursts at home are sometimes as high as 100MB. We have it here at work too, but my service is better at home. Business IP traffic gets priority over residential traffic, and there's no 250GB bandwidth limit like on residential. They have a 4 hour response time on any issues. I've had guys out here within 90 minutes before.

I even canceled all my Comcast TV service and switched to DirecTV. I was tired of Comcast's BS.
    2008 Honda CBR600RR - Graffiti
    2002 Yamaha WR250F

Ramon, I have a challenge for you. Convince then to serve my neighborhood. It is a rural area but you do have a fiber line running down Hwy 86 and it is about a 1/4 mile to the neighborhood. I understand the original reasoning, the area was built before they offered service out here and by the time the main line was run anybody who wanted pay TV already had satellite. However now with internet service I would think the numbers would be more tempting, my only option is a WiMAX provider and the Kiowa tower is seriously oversubscribed. Speed can drop to under a meg during the evening

Thanks