Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: High Speed Chase Ends in Crash

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Re: High Speed Chase Ends in Crash

Hopefully the Darwin effect will finish those 2 off soon......
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

Quote Originally Posted by TransNone13 View Post
    Although, the whole spying on Americans thing frightens the hell out of me.
    It is frightening, but also safer in a lot of ways. Pretty sure every square inch of of major cities will be on camera within the next couple of years, especially with WiFi making such a huge appearance.
    "Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame" - Benjamin Franklin

SV650

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Glad it wasn't anyone here. We know not to get caught LOL. In all seriousness, be careful out there guys.
    "With every broken bone, I swear I lived."

I heard the guy in the duo was on parole...
    ​2006 Honda CBR1000RR
    2000 Honda CBR600F4 (wife's)

2008 Buell 1125R - Sold
    2005 Honda RC51 - Sold
    2003 Honda CBR954RR - RIP
    2000 Yamaha YZF-R6 - Sold
    2007 Suzuki GS500F - RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Tykho View Post
    I heard the guy in the duo was on parole...
    Don't know, but they were part of one of the "let's all get together and go really fast in a straight line, but really slow in a curve because all we really know how to do is cruise up and down Main Street on a Saturday night or stand next to it at the gas station where we all hang out" clubs. You know, the faggoty ones that wear patches that make them look like they're a gay motorcycle gang in a Broadway show.

Quote Originally Posted by CaneZach View Post
    Don't know, but they were part of one of the "let's all get together and go really fast in a straight line, but really slow in a curve because all we really know how to do is cruise up and down Main Street on a Saturday night or stand next to it at the gas station where we all hang out" clubs. You know, the faggoty ones that wear patches that make them look like they're a gay motorcycle gang in a Broadway show.
    I'm so glad our bikes wear CSC stickers instead of us wearing patches. I mean with patches, if I have to wash my vest, how will anyone know that I'm a cool kid? All they have to do is look at the sticker on my bike and they know: This guy wastes company time laughing at kitty pictures on the internet
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by MetaLord 9 View Post
    I'm so glad our bikes wear CSC stickers instead of us wearing patches. I mean with patches, if I have to wash my vest, how will anyone know that I'm a cool kid? All they have to do is look at the sticker on my bike and they know: This guy wastes company time laughing at kitty pictures on the internet
    Dude, all they have to do is look at the post count and they'll know we don't really ride. We just type a lot of crap on the interwebz.

I thought that's what "riding" was? You're riding teh intarwebz, no?
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

I may be wrong on this, but i thought the police werent allowed to engage in high speed pursuits with motorcycles for misdemeanor traffic offenses unless theres prior Felonies involved?

Dude, all they have to do is look at the post count and they'll know we don't really ride. We just type a lot of crap on the interwebz.
    Wait you guys ride, like outside?

Quote Originally Posted by houdini View Post
    I may be wrong on this, but i thought the police werent allowed to engage in high speed pursuits with motorcycles for misdemeanor traffic offenses unless theres prior Felonies involved?
    You are.

Haha! Well, thats good to know!

You are.
    Hhhmmm. I'm a bit uncomfortable leaving this statement out there without further clarifying because when I read it, it seems like some great advice to get out of a speeding ticket, and I do not think that is what you intended.

Let me know if I am wrong. My understanding is those are internal police guidances that are released by each jurisdiction. Meaning, CSP has guidances and so does the El Paso County Sheriff's Office, CSPD, etc.
    For example, here the EP Sheriff's guidance for employees: shr.elpasoco.com/NR/rdonlyres/95AB9D0F-7249.../0/710POLICY.pdf

I interpret it as discretionary whether an officer decides to pursue by balancing various factors. And it is at each law enforcement officer's discretion whether to pursue or not. Even if prohibited by internal guidances, such evidence is not excluded once it reaches the DA or the court.

I know I'm a geek, but something I've been asking myself because I am organizing rides is if a fellow rider could be considered an accessory to a crime if you decide not to share information about a fellow rider who took off. Meaning, could I be charged as an accessory/co-conspiritor to a felony?

Quote Originally Posted by 1BadSvt View Post
    That is like the guy in the Viper that was street racing on Friday.
    http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/119969559.html
    really...an STI...

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja2 View Post
    Hhhmmm. I'm a bit uncomfortable leaving this statement out there without further clarifying because when I read it, it seems like some great advice to get out of a speeding ticket, and I do not think that is what you intended.

Let me know if I am wrong. My understanding is those are internal police guidances that are released by each jurisdiction. Meaning, CSP has guidances and so does the El Paso County Sheriff's Office, CSPD, etc.
    For example, here the EP Sheriff's guidance for employees: shr.elpasoco.com/NR/rdonlyres/95AB9D0F-7249.../0/710POLICY.pdf

I interpret it as discretionary whether an officer decides to pursue by balancing various factors. And it is at each law enforcement officer's discretion whether to pursue or not. Even if prohibited by internal guidances, such evidence is not excluded once it reaches the DA or the court.

I know I'm a geek, but something I've been asking myself because I am organizing rides is if a fellow rider could be considered an accessory to a crime if you decide not to share information about a fellow rider who took off. Meaning, could I be charged as an accessory/co-conspiritor to a felony?

wow...someone likes doing research...go to bed already

but if/when I am confronted with that situation, I met up with some people at a gas station, I don't know them...if I get nailed for breaking the law, I'm not going to knowingly bring someone else down with me...are they gonna make me pass a lie detector? but I don't have to worry about that...

"6 pairs of kicks is my definition of 12 steps"

The reason I left it at "you are" is because he asked a very specific question that required no real in-depth answer. He said he (I'm assuming he, so forgive me if it should be she) thought police weren't able to pursue motorcycles due to misdemeanor offenses without a prior felony having been committed. There is nothing in Colorado statute, especially with CSP policy , that limits the pursuit of any vehicle. There are agencies with strict "no pursuit" policies, but the agency involved was the Colorado State Patrol, who can chase, and will. I knowhat he's asking because several other states have enacted no-pursuit policies involving motorcycles, but Colorado isn't one of them.
    Last edited by CaneZach; Tue Apr 19th, 2011 at 05:21 AM.

GOOD thing I'm a slow rider on a fast bike and stop for Red/n/blue... cuz I'd be a major jail time dude as of now... LOL

Also found out, recently, I do know this dude, at least in passing, and to be honest, he wasn't a douche IMHO, but a fairly laid back guy.. I suppose impressions arn't everything.
    Last edited by Depths_of_Mind; Tue Apr 19th, 2011 at 06:22 AM.
    '95 Suziki GSXF 600 (Katana) (sold)
    '10 BMW S1000RR (aka. Black Betty) Thunder Grey (Totaled)
    '11 BMW S1000RR (aka Bumblebee) Shine Yellow

If you love something, set it free. If it comes back to you, you probably high sided.

The reason I left it at "you are" is because he asked a very specific question that required no real in-depth answer.
    See it now. That's what I get for reading posts that late at night. Thanks for clarifying.

See it now. That's what I get for reading posts that late at night. Thanks for clarifying.
    Whoa! 11:11 is waaaaaaaaaay past your bedtime! Lol

Whoa! 11:11 is waaaaaaaaaay past your bedtime! Lol
    It is. I'm usually going to bed at 10pm. I'm getting old. Went to see Unknown. Interesting movie. I know this is completely off-topic: I wasn't aware that the Citadel Crossing is showing movies for $1.50. It was great. Granted, it is not the newest theater, but I thought it was a great deal!

It is. I'm usually going to bed at 10pm. I'm getting old. Went to see Unknown. Interesting movie. I know this is completely off-topic: I wasn't aware that the Citadel Crossing is showing movies for $1.50. It was great. Granted, it is not the newest theater, but I thought it was a great deal!
    Yeah, the dollar theater is awesome! It beats paying about $20 for two tickets to Tinseltown or whatever the new one is off of Voyager.

So how did my I get involved in this thread? LOL
    I'm guilty until proven innocent, right? LOL

The trooper was running 130 and the pair was still pulling away. The officer shut it down because they were starting to encounter heavier traffic.

Looking at the story, I don't see where they were going 130?

Are you giving undue credibility to the comments of the story?
    2006 DRZ SM
    2003 RIZLA GSX-R 1000 (sold)
    2008 R6

Quote Originally Posted by pauliep View Post
    Looking at the story, I don't see where they were going 130?

Are you giving undue credibility to the comments of the story?
    No, I just have more information.