Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RANT: This is MESSED UP – Someone in CSC is seemingly unethical.

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Re: RANT: This is MESSED UP – Someone in CSC is seemingly unethical.

Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    Interesting read... I wonder how much this company saved in the long run by outsourcing. I kind of got that Vegas feeling while reading the article. In the end, the house always wins.
    Like just about every other financial/economic aspect of our country (personal, corporate, government), the eye has been focused on short-term interests rather than long-term stability. Companies like Fellowes have made themselves way too vulnerable chasing short-term profits. Normally, you would expect the Federal government to be there to protect against outright theft like this, but the politicians in DC are spending $1.7 trillion per year more than they have, so they need credit from the Chinese to keep the trough full. They aren't going to risk losing that over some little $150 million company. We're headed for the wall and they just keep the accelerator pinned to the floor, making all sorts of huffing and puffing about spending cuts of $0.04 trillion. If the outcome weren't going to be so tragic, it would make me laugh hysterically.
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by will-t View Post
    How can that not be a bad idea? China provides everything but the idea, and once they have the idea, the only thing standing in their way of completely hijacking the business is a bunch of legal crap that they get to decide to follow or not.
    If the politicians in DC had anything remotely resembling a pair, they would impose tariffs on Chinese-made goods to force the Chinese government to keep this sort of thing from happening. But they won't, for the reason given above. This is not going to end well. Only fools and the wilfully ignorant don't see where the Chinese are headed. The US rise to superpower status came about because we were an industrial force. That capability has been slowly, but inexorably declining to the point where we will become vulnerable, and guess who has been building that capability by leaps and bounds? The politicians have sold us down the river by allowing foreign companies to compete unfairly in the US market (e.g. pollution restrictions make manufacturing more expensive here but the Chinese companies don't have to follow the same guidelines). Unless people wake up to what's going on very soon, we're going to experience misery in this country like we have never seen.

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

^^ and that is why I think things are absolutely hopeless. These assholes running the country say nothing to make me think otherwise. Their greed, lies and failure to think long term will destroy this country.

Heading for the wall with the accelerator pinned is exactly correct!!!!!!!!!

I pray for that asteroid every day!!!!
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

So... ummm.. Who are you praying to Dean?

Anyways, I completely agree. What's worse is that so many people are willing to help push the pedal down. The "It is what it is" and "Got to get mine before you get yours" attitude is as destructive as the politicians.

This thread reminds me to place another .223 order.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

So... ummm.. Who are you praying to Dean?
    Ahh, so someone does pay attention!

Anyways, I completely agree. What's worse is that so many people are willing to help push the pedal down. The "It is what it is" and "Got to get mine before you get yours" attitude is as destructive as the politicians.
    I'm pretty sure I've said this before... A friend of mine has built his second factory in China because he gets a huge break from our government to manufacture over-sees and not here. We're doomed!!!

This thread reminds me to place another .223 order.
    With all the over-manufacturing because everyone shit a brick that Obama was going to outlaw everything, you can get 'em pretty cheap.
    Kim & Dean

Quote Originally Posted by Kim-n-Dean View Post
    ^^ and that is why I think things are absolutely hopeless. These assholes running the country say nothing to make me think otherwise. Their greed, lies and failure to think long term will destroy this country.
    We have no one to blame but ourselves, because we keep putting the same jackasses back in. We've gotten fat on the public trough and anyone who tries to point out the mathematical certainty of our economic collapse on our current path is treated with disdain. An astonishing 45% of US households paid no income tax last year. It cannot be a good thing to have half of the working households with no dog in the fight, so to speak. Promise more of the same, and those not paying put them right back in. The people who do pay, get more and more disenfranchised, and eventually it all comes crashing down. I say we eliminate the horrific mess of the income tax system and do something like the Fair Tax, removing the ability of the Federal government to wield power and divide us the way it does currently.

--Thomas Jefferson

I know something we all can do right this minute that would help...

www.rosettastone.com/learn-chinese

MRA Racer No.427

Quote Originally Posted by dirkterrell View Post
    We have no one to blame but ourselves, because we keep putting the same jackasses back in. We've gotten fat on the public trough and anyone who tries to point out the mathematical certainty of our economic collapse on our current path is treated with disdain. An astonishing 45% of US households paid no income tax last year. It cannot be a good thing to have half of the working households with no dog in the fight, so to speak. Promise more of the same, and those not paying put them right back in. The people who do pay, get more and more disenfranchised, and eventually it all comes crashing down. I say we eliminate the horrific mess of the income tax system and do something like the Fair Tax, removing the ability of the Federal government to wield power and divide us the way it does currently.
    Also note, those same 45% who paid no taxes (or in some cases, got back even more) are the same ones screaming about taxing the rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    I know something we all can do right this minute that would help...
    www.rosettastone.com/learn-chinese
    I remember in high school being told that in order to conduct business anywhere in the southern half of the US by 2020, you would need to be fluent in spanish. I wonder if Rosetta has a two for one offer...
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

We have no one to blame but ourselves, because we keep putting the same jackasses back in.
    I'm gonna catch hell for this, but we don't vote. Some will say I have no room to complain, then. I have every right to raise hell as I didn't put any of these dip shits in office.

When there's no one to vote for, how can you in good conscious vote just to say you voted?!?! It's the same with the issues. You can't vote to give more money to schools when the same issue takes money away from the EPA or similar horse shit.

The credit card reform act is a good example. It reformed some of the shit the CC companies were pulling, but it also allowed me to carry my CCW in a National Park.

For the people who are for Credit Card reform, but are against CCW carry in National Parks, how should they have voted?
    Kim & Dean

can someone fight already? this thread has gotten way off track
    -Eugene-

2007 black hayabusa touring beast
    2003 KTM 525sx/exc hybrid
    2002 black and blue hayabusa- (SOLD)
    2000 ZX7R STREETFIGHTER-(SOLD)

I'm gonna catch hell for this, but we don't vote. Some will say I have no room to complain, then. I have every right to raise hell as I didn't put any of these dip shits in office.
    I have no problem with people who consciously decide not to vote because none of the candidates have their support. That is a perfectly valid way of voicing your opinion. It can certainly have some deleterious effects, but I don't see how it invalidates your right to have an opinion.

I do have a problem with people who don't care enough to participate by not voting for no good reason.
    Last edited by dirkterrell; Wed Apr 20th, 2011 at 11:19 AM.

--Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by usmcab35 View Post
    this thread has gotten way off track
    I'm just trying to save someone from being Rybo'd.

--Thomas Jefferson

I'm just trying to save someone from being Rybo'd.
    but some of us want to see someone get Rybo'd
    -Eugene-

nobody wants to be Rybo'd
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

...It can certainly have some deleterious effects...
    Like the people already in office!

I do have a problem with people who don't care enough to participate by not voting for no good reason.
    I realize no one is perfect, but my view of politicians is very tainted. I don't think it's right to vote for the lesser evil of however many may be running for office. If we have five candidates for president and they all are crooks, do you pick the lesser crook? I certainly won't!

We need a reset button. ...and take the lawyers with that reset!
    Last edited by Kim-n-Dean; Wed Apr 20th, 2011 at 11:31 AM.
    Kim & Dean

Might be time to expatriate and move to New Zeland.
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Barn all those who get Rybo'd...

+1 on New Zealand (West Coast South Island is mine...)

MRA Racer No.427

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

True, but there's also the mentality that "it's coming down is inevitable", in which case getting yours while you still can may be the only survival move you have left to play. The people who survived the Depression intact are the ones who had enough reserve to weather the storm, or stole what they needed (some would say there is not a large distinction between the two).
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

O for fucks sake will someone please get Rybo'd already?
    -Eugene-

Quote Originally Posted by Zach929rr View Post
    Might be time to expatriate and move to New Zeland.
    Too bad they won't take you. Neither will Australia. Seems they have this ridiculous policy that you need to prove wealth and the ability to be a productive citizen. That pretty much rules out Americans!!

I would love to move to N.Z. or Australia!!
    Kim & Dean

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by usmcab35 View Post
    O for fucks sake will someone please get Rybo'd already?

Volunteering?

Too bad they won't take you. Neither will Australia. Seems they have this ridiculous policy that you need to prove wealth and the ability to be a productive citizen.
    Yeah I recall reading somewhere about both of those countries being pretty gatdaym hard to attain foreign citizenship in. Would be nice though. Could definitely retire to New Zeland.
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Quote Originally Posted by Zach929rr View Post
    Yeah I recall reading somewhere about both of those countries being pretty gatdaym hard to attain foreign citizenship in. Would be nice though. Could definitely retire to New Zeland.
    Too bad America doesn't have a policy like that! Could you imagine if we only let productive people in the country. Of course, then the true laziness of Americans would show through, but what the hell...
    Kim & Dean

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Too bad America doesn't have a policy like that! Could you imagine if we only let productive people in the country. Of course, then the true laziness of Americans would show through, but what the hell...
    We also have the disadvantage of land based boarders. Crossing from Canada to the US unobserved is pretty easy. I did it a bunch of times when I lived in Northern Idaho and guided mountaineering trips. Mexico, while moderately more challenging still isn't nearly as difficult as crossing an ocean in a freakin' rowboat. The cubans who make it to florida on rafts probably have a pretty good idea, but even that distance is small compared to how far you'd have to go to get to AU or NZ.

s