Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Teen Shot and Burned in Backyard

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Re: Teen Shot and Burned in Backyard

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
    I will never read your posts the same way now....... Now I will have a mental image of you sitting in front of the internet without clothes but with a propeller beanie on.
    You need help.
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

This is what comes to mind with Dirk for me.

KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

The kid with the teardrops is definitely gonna pay for them. I hear the hard-core prison gangsters don't take kindly to pretenders.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkterrell View Post
    You need help.

Now I need help getting the mental picture of Carl Sagan wearing nothing but a propeller beanie out of my head!!

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zach929rr View Post
    This is what comes to mind with Dirk for me.
    Carl was actually a pretty cool guy. I chatted with him a few times at meetings when I was a grad student, and he was always very approachable and encouraging. Watching "Cosmos" when I was in high school cemented my decision to go into astrophysics. I'm currently re-reading his last book "The Demon Haunted World". We lost a great communicator of science when he died. In our age of specialization, Carl had a breathtaking breadth of knowledge. The world could use more people like him and fewer of the idiots like those about whom this topic started.
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson