Thread: Droid Troubles

Droid Troubles

For some reason my Gmail account that is linked to everything this stupid phone had become.... not linked. I tried to log in, but get the captcha prompt, put in the correct captcha, and I see my Gmail stuff to put in my password. I put in the CORRECT password, and it goes to captcha request.

I went into google and changed my password and tried all over again. Tried resetting the phone, auto syncing, manual syncing etc. Anything else I might be able to try? I am putting in the right captcha and password but it is not working. I don't want to restore to factory and lose photo's, apps, everything! Thanks

Re: Droid Troubles

im starting to hate droid. not for software issues but the hardware itself. ive went through 4 phones, yes 4 phones already for stupid things. like the speakers not working, not charging. even with another battery, screen doing rainbow dances. its been a big headache for me. i think i might go with that ipod thing i saw.
    Rooster

Go to all the other computers you logged (cached) into gmail with and LOGOUT...then it will work. And by logout i dont mean just close the browser but really click the "log out" button.
    1998 CBR600F3 "Desert Storm" - SOLD

WAS keeping the banana seat alive!

I love my samsung Epic Galaxy S. I'm hard on mine and use it all the time and its still going strong...wait I'm on my second one...
    "Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame" - Benjamin Franklin

SV650

Try logging into the youtube app with your gmail info, then go into gmail app and synchronize.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboGizzmo View Post
    Go to all the other computers you logged (cached) into gmail with and LOGOUT...then it will work. And by logout i dont mean just close the browser but really click the "log out" button.
    You can log out of all gmail sessions by logging into gmail, scroll to the bottom of the page and select 'Details' next to "Last account activities". This will bring you to a page with a "Sign out all other sessions" button.

Quote Originally Posted by Finklestein87 View Post
    I love my samsung Epic Galaxy S. I'm hard on mine and use it all the time and its still going strong...wait I'm on my second one...
    I too have a Galaxy S (the Vibrant). I really like it. No kooky things have happened.

I'm on Motorola Droid #4. My original seemed pretty bomb-proof with some very hard use. I cracked the bottom of the screen but everything still worked. But then the camera started taking purple-tinted pictures. I should have just kept it. These "certified replacements" from Verizon are junk. Screens that don't turn on, battery covers that don't fit... and of course all the regular Verizon bullshit of them shipping phones to an address in California I haven't live or been billed at for 10 years...and just trying to talk me into a new phone....

No problems here with my Motorola Droid

Quote Originally Posted by TurboGizzmo View Post
    haven't logged into Gmail in a long while, so it wouldn't be that, but I will try it.

Quote Originally Posted by oh10raven View Post
    You can log out of all gmail sessions by logging into gmail, scroll to the bottom of the page and select 'Details' next to "Last account activities". This will bring you to a page with a "Sign out all other sessions" button.
    Doing that after I type a reply

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Try logging into the youtube app with your gmail info, then go into gmail app and synchronize.

Will do after I log out of all other sessions

This account does not seem to be open in any other location.

Nobody....

get the same problem....

I get a notification saying google sign-in, please type the characters you see in the picture.. I type correct picture words and get "goog sign-in, you entered the wrong password or your account has changed. please re-enter your passworkd. Shows a correct username, and when I do correct password, puts me back and picture word.

wife and I both have DROID X for over 6 months, no problems what so ever.

Are you in the gmail app or just using the browser? If you are using the app, try clearing cache/data for it. From the home screen, menu>settings>applications> manage applications. You may have to click all, otherwise it will automatically populate a list of all apps. Locate gmail, them clear data/cache. You might end up having to hard reset.

For some reason, it started working again. Don't know if it was down for 24 hours or something, but definatly pissed me off. Thanks for the help. I will keep in mind if it does it again.

Definitely. Gmail can be a real bitch on android if it doesn't work right. Mainly because the only way to pull primary gmail is to hard reset it.

Just put a restraining bolt on it. Solves almost all issues except womp rats.

Quote Originally Posted by stitch View Post
    Just put a restraining bolt on it. Solves almost all issues except womp rats.
    Speaks the truth this man does

I have a Droid 2 Global and I HATE the damn thing. I've been thinking about the Droid X. Any info or experience with them? That or I'm going back to AT&T.
    - Benny B
    2011 Kawi ZX6R
    2008 Suzuki GSXR 1000- Sold
    2007 Honda CBR 600 RR- Sold

Quote Originally Posted by ndnbennyb View Post
    I have a Droid 2 Global and I HATE the damn thing. I've been thinking about the Droid X. Any info or experience with them? That or I'm going back to AT&T.
    Haven't played with them, but I'm not a fan of motorola phones. I'm htc all the way.

now with bi-turbo goodness Site Admin Mel's Avatar

I have the original HTC G1, worked strong for over 2 years. Picking up the new LG G2x next week...that thing is spectacular.

Had a LOT of friends who have been through multiple moto droids, all versions.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Senior Member Yearly Supporter green_zx7r's Avatar

No problems at all on OG Droid... In fact, I'm quite happy with it, being modded and OCed to 1.2 ghz and 2.3.3...
    Yusuke (U-skay)
    2002 WSBK Eric Bostrom Monza Wild Card Replica ZX-7R
    2006 Track prepped ZX-6R

Always and forever will be a Kawasaki rider.