Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DISRECOMMEND American Family

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

Re: DISRECOMMEND American Family

Quote Originally Posted by edj View Post
    Care to share his name/contact info? You could send private message if you don't want to on forum. oh and how do you know the coverage is kickass? Have you needed it? I thought my coverage was kickass for 20 years...
    PM is inbound.
    I haven't needed it yet (only had them since the beginning of the year), but she got it through Auto Owners Insurance. It's not well known on this end of the USA, but it's big on the east side and is one of the top insurance providers in the country.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

I use Dairy Land and they are awesome!
    "With every broken bone, I swear I lived."

I <3 State Farm. I've had to deal with them from both ends... even as the insured of the driver that hit me. They still have costs in mind, but at the end of the day, it's not all about the shareholders.

State Farm is not a publicly traded Company. The parent company of American Family, is.
    2008 Honda CBR600RR - Graffiti
    2002 Yamaha WR250F

AllState has been fantastic. My agent Jim Kreig is a badass.

In the last crash my wife got in, some guy pulled in front of her. My agent called his insurance company and got them to admit fault right away, got the car to the shop the same day, AND arranged to have a rental car dropped off at my house. Amazing service in my book. I literally did not have to worry about a thing.

Plus in 3 years my rates have lowered substantially. I will gladly give his name out.

I brought all my shoes and all my glasses so I would have them

State Farm here...been w/ them for 15 years, they cover my house, 3 cars, quad and motorbike. My favorite thing about state farm is the glass insurance...i've gone through 3 windshields + 1 rear passenger window in the last 2 years and no payment on any of em for like $8 a month additionally. They also replaced the roof on my house and covered it 100%, not a single increase on any of it.
    ~Travis~
    It's okay...I'm a Doctor.
    Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
    Everybody on CSC knows everything
    2003 GSX-R600 - Former Love
    2003 Kawasaki ZX6R - Former Love
    1999 Suzuki TL1000R - Former Love
    2004 DRZ400E - New Dirty
    2002 KFX 650 - Quad

I agree with the fuck Am. Fam. spirit of this thread.

I've been with them for 13+ years. Originally, I was with an agent out of Castle Rock that my brother recommended to me. Had great service from them for years.

Then my agent died.

From that point on, it's been nonstop nonsense. The guy that took over the office is a total fucktard therefore we switched offices....things were fine until I bought my bike last month. I met with our agent to get it insured and when the rates were a bit higher than I thought they'd be ($450 year) I asked him how much they would go down once my MOST class was complete.

None...Zero...Nada.....from what my agent told me AM/FAM did a study of motorcycle accidents/claims over a 5 year period and found no significant difference in claims between folks who had and had not taken a MOST/MSF training class. So, they will no longer offer a discount to those who have completed the course.

Nice to see safety be a priority eh??

Been with SF since I needed insurance, and will continue to be.
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Well it seems that despite AmFam lameness that my agent is great. She got them to cancel the termination and to change the $80/month increase to a much more reasonable $10/month. So we may stick with them... but still itching to find a better option... I still have the bad taste in my mouth and loss of stomach lining from being sooo pissed off.

If I can just wait 6 years I can register almost all my bikes as a collection as they'll all be 30 years old (except for TZR250 3MA). THAT sounds like the most affordable way to insure bikes.

I've had progressive and never had a problem. Yes, I've had a claim...only issue is don't take the vehicle to their recommended repair center...the dealer they used in MI was far away and did a crappy job...I had to take the vehicle back 5 more times. I did get Progressive to pay for my gas...but I then dropped them due to the hassle. I went with AAA, they were great in MI till we moved to CO. We went back to Progressive for the autos and no one could touch the low rates for our home insurance so we stayed with AAA for that...and had some roof damage in the high winds and they replaced the whole thing. Also had a claim with progressive out here on the 2007 Ford Edge, bashed in drivers door from a shopping center...they took care of it no questions asked.

I did have State Farm at a point in College....till I got my first career and they ran my record. Come to find out the agent said they never run it only until you make a policy change do they re-run it. Went from $200 a year full coverage to $3K, to a letter saying we are dropping you...thats when I went with Progressive as they did not care about the 2 tickets I had for 5mph over. So yeah State Farm can be low...but don't get tickets.

My parents have State Farm, washing machine hose busted at night and flooded the house with just me there. They covered everything, paid for my time to clean it up and said I did a great job as most people would leave it. My parents had replacement cost...and some of the items the adjusted wrote up as ART which meant...you tell us how much and we will pay....and they did. But thats because they had a nice adjuster not on a power trip. In reality its about the adjuster.

They say you should never consider insurance companies a life long purchase...you should always shop around every few years. I tend to wait till I am screwed, or have too much hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by billygoatpete View Post
    None...Zero...Nada.....from what my agent told me AM/FAM did a study of motorcycle accidents/claims over a 5 year period and found no significant difference in claims between folks who had and had not taken a MOST/MSF training class. So, they will no longer offer a discount to those who have completed the course.

Nice to see safety be a priority eh??
    State Farm doesn't do discounts for anything except multi-line and multi-vehicle (not counting motorcycles). "Discounts" (imagine that word coming out of progressive Flo's mouth) are just a sales gimmick. State Farm doesn't do the whole gimmick thing. They just give you a low rate.

Quote Originally Posted by edj View Post
    Well it seems that despite AmFam lameness that my agent is great. She got them to cancel the termination and to change the $80/month increase to a much more reasonable $10/month. So we may stick with them... but still itching to find a better option... I still have the bad taste in my mouth and loss of stomach lining from being sooo pissed off.

If I can just wait 6 years I can register almost all my bikes as a collection as they'll all be 30 years old (except for TZR250 3MA). THAT sounds like the most affordable way to insure bikes.
    Sounds like a load of bullshit to me, and like you are a number to the company, but a person to your agent. The company doesn't give a fuck about you, but your agent does. I'd find a new place if I were you. They will probably drop you again if you scratch your ass wrong.
    2002 Yamaha WR250F

Quote Originally Posted by modette99 View Post
    I did have State Farm at a point in College....till I got my first career and they ran my record. Come to find out the agent said they never run it only until you make a policy change do they re-run it. Went from $200 a year full coverage to $3K, to a letter saying we are dropping you...thats when I went with Progressive as they did not care about the 2 tickets I had for 5mph over. So yeah State Farm can be low...but don't get tickets.
    That's not completely true. They haven't pulled my record since 1999. Since then I've hit someone in a parking lot, received at least 6-8 speeding tickets, made a million and one changes to my policies, including adding new vehicles, selling old ones, changing coverage on those vehicles, adding glass coverage, claiming a new window in my truck, new windshield in my old car... They still haven't pulled my record, and I guess they never will until I cause a serious accident. I have 4 vehicles insured with them now. In the last 3 years, 3 of those vehicles have been changed out.

I'm not sure what triggers it, but it's not necessarily a policy change (if they've never pulled it before). But they DO pull it for drivers who they regularly pull records for. I've been with State Farm wince I was 16, so they know my entire history. I'm not a risk to them.
    2002 Yamaha WR250F

Only here for the free Wi-Fi Site Admin Spiderman's Avatar

I've been with Allstate for 12 years now, and while I don't pay the lowest premiums, the few times I've had to make claims, they took good care of me.
    I pay:
    $110/mth for full coverage on the WRX with a $500 deductible
    $185/yr for liability & comprehensive on the R1 with a $250 deductible
    $129/yr for renters
    Bob <------ Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
         - 2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec (Cafe Racer)
         - 2004 Yamaha R6 (racebike)
         - 2006 Yamaha R1 (racebike)
    R.I.P. 502
    ~ Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end.

On my toes! Lifetime Supporter PunyJuney's Avatar

I wonder what it would take to get CSC "fleet" coverage?

Senior Member cptschlongenheimer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PunyJuney View Post
    I wonder what it would take to get CSC "fleet" coverage?
    A whole lot more self control from what I gather...
    Myself included, I do believe we've got our share of performance awards...
    89 EX500 RIP
    06 R6S RIP
    03 R6

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    That's not completely true. They haven't pulled my record since 1999. Since then I've hit someone in a parking lot, received at least 6-8 speeding tickets, made a million and one changes to my policies, including adding new vehicles, selling old ones, changing coverage on those vehicles, adding glass coverage, claiming a new window in my truck, new windshield in my old car... They still haven't pulled my record, and I guess they never will until I cause a serious accident. I have 4 vehicles insured with them now. In the last 3 years, 3 of those vehicles have been changed out.

I'm not sure what triggers it, but it's not necessarily a policy change (if they've never pulled it before). But they DO pull it for drivers who they regularly pull records for. I've been with State Farm wince I was 16, so they know my entire history. I'm not a risk to them.
    No two people get the same treatment with ANY insurance company. It was true in my case, a policy changed showed 2 tickets, one the agent got them to drop as he said your first ticket they drop. But the other was going to put me int he high risk group...high risk for two tickets, give me a break.

Maybe you have just been lucky or missed somehow...computer glitch maybe!!!

I would like to add I tried to go with USAA, their quotes were stupid high. However my best friend had USAA and his quotes on a TT, GTO, Maxima and stupid low. Same when he had his FZ1 he paid like $200 a year for full coverage and living in a major city in CA with tickets on his record.

Like I said no two people even with identical age, sex, vehicle, location get the same rate. In MI AAA was very low for me, why I went with them but they based it off your credit rating so having a 780 put me at the top. Of course being a no-fault state meant I paid $1K more there then here...even with my CRAZY ticket showing here *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by modette99 View Post
    No two people get the same treatment with ANY insurance company. It was true in my case, a policy changed showed 2 tickets, one the agent got them to drop as he said your first ticket they drop. But the other was going to put me int he high risk group...high risk for two tickets, give me a break.

Maybe you have just been lucky or missed somehow...computer glitch maybe!!!
    I know me and Ricky have discussed this in a previous thread, but I get the same treatment ad him.
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd