Thread: Crazy Spring Weather

Crazy Spring Weather

I have lived in Colorado for a majority of my life and can't remember a spring with weather like we are having. Is it just me or is it the fact that I purchased a bike this spring and I am just noticing since it affects my fun? I am getting pretty tired with riding almost every day with high winds. For the last month it seems like the wind has blown every afternoon for my commute home. Thursday night was the first calm afternoon and it was quite nice. Hope summer gets here soon.

Re: Crazy Spring Weather

It is different every year, you never know what to expect. A couple of years ago it rained everyday I took my bike out. I would rather have wind.

Most of it is because this is a La Nina year, which means its wetter into the later half of the winter. This of course has happened before in the past, but you're noticing it now because of the bike.
    George Mock | 2008 ZX6R | GoPro Hero | 3:551 5806

As far as the wind goes, it's usually windy one to two days before a front comes in, and those (snow)storms last around three days. So currently we're getting 5 days of non-ideal weather a week. But once it warms up there will still be two days of wind a week, but the (thunder)storms that move in won't show until ~2pm, so as long as you ride in the mornings there will be 5 days of ideal weather a week.

There's a website with records going back into the 90s of weather history. Every year it becomes consistently nice around May 22nd, so hopefully by then we'll be getting our five days.
    George Mock | 2008 ZX6R | GoPro Hero | 3:551 5806