Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Osama dead?

Re: Osama dead?

Hmmmmmm..... Osama already buried at sea huh? Sort of suspicious if you ask me...

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...69f05a7c2972ef

Quote Originally Posted by neh View Post
    live tweet as it happened, although it was a few kilometers away he heard the copters.

scroll down till may 1st., or within 24 hrs.

https://twitter.com/#!/ReallyVirtual

Dude has about 24,000 new followers in less than 12 hrs. as of now and growing.
    Liberty never came from government. The history of liberty is a history of resistance. The history of liberty is a history of limitations of government power, not the increase of it. Woodrow Wilson, September 9th, 1912

"The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, waistoids, dweebies, dickheads - they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude."

Well I say thank you to our troops! For all done for past 11 years and continuing

"Don't hate me because I'm Beautiful, hate me because I'm better than you, better yet, hate me because I'm fuckin bad ass!!!"

Yesterday was my sons first birthday. I missed his birth due to deployment.
    '12 BMW S 1000 RR
    '11 Suzuki V-Strom DL-650 *SOLD*
    '07 Aprilia RSV R Factory *SOLD*

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    Yesterday was my sons first birthday. I missed his birth due to deployment.
    Thanks for the sacrifices you and all our military members make and have made in the past.

May 1st is certainly a great day for celebration in your family.
    Liberty never came from government. The history of liberty is a history of resistance. The history of liberty is a history of limitations of government power, not the increase of it. Woodrow Wilson, September 9th, 1912

"The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, waistoids, dweebies, dickheads - they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude."

Watching the news report this was pretty funny. I was flipping back and forth between Fox and CNN, both reporters were so excited they kept mumbling and studdering. They would cut off people in mid sentence - with new information. But the best was how hard they were trying to find the right words WITHOUT a teleprompter.
    "Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame" - Benjamin Franklin

SV650

Resident Hater Site Admin Canuck's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DFab View Post
    Does this mean we can stop bombing poor brown people?
    Unfortunately, no.
    RIP Gene. You are a good friend that will be missed. I'm Gene Bazyl Bitch!!

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by *GSXR~SNAIL* View Post
    May 1st is certainly a great day for celebration in your family.
    One of the news people was saying this is also the anniversary of the world finding out Hitler committed suicide.

May 1st: The day douchebags die.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

I'm not sure how I feel about this. I don't think I'm going to celebrate, as the taking of a life, regardless of necessity, is no cause for joy for me. I am relieved that he is no longer a threat, but I am seriously concerned that all of this celebration will only serve to martyr him, and serve as a springboard for even more egregious acts of violence from Al Q'aeda and similar extremist groups. The best course of action would have been to remove him quietly, and let his legacy be one of obscurity.
    Thanks, Jim
    TFOG Wheelsports, LLC
    www.tfogracing.com
    303-216-2400

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "undocumented pharmacist"

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by TFOGGuys View Post
    I'm not sure how I feel about this. I don't think I'm going to celebrate, as the taking of a life, regardless of necessity, is no cause for joy for me. I am relieved that he is no longer a threat, but I am seriously concerned that all of this celebration will only serve to martyr him, and serve as a springboard for even more egregious acts of violence from Al Q'aeda and similar extremist groups. The best course of action would have been to remove him quietly, and let his legacy be one of obscurity.

Beautifully said Jim.

I think the families and friends of everyone who lost their life on Sept 11th deserve a little bit more then being left in the dark about the death of Osama.

Choose to celebrate or not, making the news public is mandatory in my opinion.
    Casey D

As much as I agree with you about a lot of the unnecessary celebration. The news needed to be let out that he was gone.

He will be a martyr either way, so it needed to be shown that the US will see through with its mission.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

I don't think it would matter much if we celebrated or not. These people are going to continue their activities regardless of what we do. While I see your point and it is an excellent one, forgetting the past will open us up to future issues. "Those that cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." If the actions of Osama and his followers were forgotten and burried, then those that died for that cause would be forgotten and that can't happen. Many lives have been sacrificed for the fight against terrorism and I believe that it's going to go on for a long time. If we can protect the many with the lives of a few then I think it is justified.

While we shouldn't necessarily celebrate his death but celebrate that those that have died because of him have been avenged. His death doesn't equal the countless numbers that have died in search of him but it shows the kind of people that Americans are. I love the freedoms that I have and is unfortunete that we live in a world were those freedoms have to be protected from others, but that is the way it is for now.

There should be a world wide toast for getting rid of another douche...
    “The knack of flying is in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

Speedin' Motorsports
    Sol Performance - Pirelli

Quote Originally Posted by vort3xr6 View Post
    Fox news is interrupting my American Dad show right now. I am HUGELY skeptical about this. I find it extremely ironic and convenient timing for a failing president. I think he died years ago. Can't survive in caves on kidney dialysis.... Just sayin.
    Sad part is, Obama is taking credit. He did nothing....just happens to be the President at the time. Bush is the one that sent troops, if it would have been Obama the dude would of did nothing.

Last edited by *GSXR~SNAIL*; Mon May 2nd, 2011 at 09:48 AM.

AKA "Devaclis"

First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

I just heard about this, pretty crazy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yl7PO...embedded#at=28

Love seeing patriotism again!!

"Don't hate me because I'm Beautiful, hate me because I'm better than you, better yet, hate me because I'm fuckin bad ass!!!"

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

I'm not going to lie, I am glad he's dead. I'm not out dancing in the streets, however I consider the celebrations as much about the symbolism of his death and what it represents as anything else.

The fact is it doesn't take much to motivate terrorists, and they will always find some reason to justify their actions. That does not mean we shouldn't have gone after him, and even if a new terrorist leader does spring up, Osama was unique in his capabilities. He was incredibly intelligent in his own right, much like Hitler was, and people like that are fortunately few and far between.

The world will have another Osama one day, and I have no doubt there will be some Al Qaeda reprisals going on somewhere at least for a short while, but this needed to happen. I also think quietly making him disappear would have been wrong - he's been quietly invisible for two decades, except when he is making a statement or killing people. His death was broadcast far and wide for good reason.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

Quote Originally Posted by modette99 View Post
    Sad part is, Obama is taking credit. He did nothing....just happens to be the President at the time. Bush is the one that sent troops, if it would have been Obama the dude would of did nothing.
    He's not "taking" credit. The news organizations are giving it to him. What statement did he make that gave HIM credit for it all?
    2008 Honda CBR600RR - Graffiti
    2002 Yamaha WR250F

I think you have to tell the world that he is dead and have proof (DNA testing) that the US killed him. If we didn't AlQuida and other terrorist groups would say it's just a ploy as part of an information operation against them.
    Also, it give "some" closure to those families that lost friends/families on 9-11-01.

My last deployment (200 I ran a detention facility in Baghdad and i know that there is a major facility in Bagram, Astan. I wonder what the mood/feel within the facility is with the detainees. Will they riot, or has the face of their leader dying crushed their will to fight anymore???
    2011 Ducati 848 Evo "Bautista"
    2002 Honda RC-51 "Big Boi"

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    He's not "taking" credit. The news organizations are giving it to him. What statement did he make that gave HIM credit for it all?
    Maybe you didn't see this?

Modette99 is really off base though. Republic or Democrat any president would have sought justice for the 9/11 attacks. Unfounded opinions should be left to Fox News.
    Last edited by Vellos; Mon May 2nd, 2011 at 02:34 PM.
    George Mock | 2008 ZX6R | GoPro Hero | 3:551 5806

Looks like i'll need to change my avatar now!
    2011 Ducati 848 Evo "Bautista"
    2002 Honda RC-51 "Big Boi"

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn!"

y'know the gov't never tells the public the whole. Just feeds us what they think we need to know. Hopefully this will be a dominoe effect for the good.