Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Arapahoe County just screwed us on our property value!!

Arapahoe County just screwed us on our property value!!

You all know my bitching about not being able to find work!! I'm out of money at the end of this month, too.

A couple weeks ago my bank calls and says they can save me over $1,000/month if I want to refinance. I'm like, "hell yeah! and tell them Arapahoe values my house at only $201,000." They tell me it's no problem because they don't use county assessments, so my house will come in higher. I needed a value of $220,000 to re-fi. A week later the bank calls me back and says my house is only worth $190,000 because of the foreclosures in my neighborhood and I can't re-fi.

I haven't worked in almost two years and have never missed or been late on ANY of our bills!! My bank tells us that we are "Top 100" customers because of our history with them. Both our credit scores are over 700 and those assholes are going to base my situation on the assholes that didn't pay their bills!! That's bull shit!!

I've met with several people from the mortgage dept., raising hell that this isn't right. They look up my value again and come back with an even lower $182,000. I tell them that if they are going to base my situation on people who don't pay their bills, then I'm going to become one as well.

Anyway, here's the point. My bank gives me paper work to go to the county and get my value reduced for my property taxes. I was going to go down today, but on Saturday, we got a letter from the county stating they raised my value to $213,100. They base this value on sales that took place in April of 2009, two years ago. I can appeal, but can't use any sales data past June 30, 2010.

How can they do this? Fucking thieves!! More proof that the government isn't doing shit to fix a damn thing!!
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

Re: Arapahoe County just screwed us on our property value!!

I hear ya... I received both of my assessments on Saturday. I think it's brilliant they send them out on a Saturday so that people can't flood they're offices as soon as they get them.

You want to see a brilliant assessment, I'll show you my townhouse. They used foreclosure sales around 60K less than what I bought mine for
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

First he was "Sir Bacon",
    then "Sir Lube". Now...

same here...mine came in over the weekend and I lost around $25k value to the house and property.
    EAT BACON!

You guys got yours lowered. They RAISED mine based on sales from two years ago!!
    Kim & Dean

Arapahoe County raised mine by 15k.
    Motorcycle Roadracing Association #29
    President

MSF
    Rider Coach

I am a new homeowner. Should I be expecting this from somewhere? I live in Jefferson county.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...27/detail.html

I don't know how anyone within the metro area can have their parcel appraised higher. This state's gone almost bankrupt!

When I called the 'Hope for Homeowners' a couple of years ago to see if I could lower payments since I knew the housing mkt was going to go lower, they said that they would not review my loan because I paid on time.

Funny though, the Bank of America rep said that if I stop paying for 3 months, it forces them to review the loan no matter; a loan modification. I can't bring myself to skip a payment though.
    "Every Crotch is a Rocket" HDAVE

'09 Suzuki SV650
    '07 Honda CBR 600RR
    '14 1875 watt Conair

MRA#522

Got mine on Saturday and lost $17k in value
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

George Mock | 2008 ZX6R | GoPro Hero | 3:551 5806

Quote Originally Posted by Kim-n-Dean View Post
    You guys got yours lowered. They RAISED mine based on sales from two years ago!!

I hear you. Mine just got raised also (El Paso county). My taxes just went up several hundreds dollars year because of it. How can that be?? Properties are not selling and going down in value yet my tax value is going up? What they listed on my taxes as "market" value on my house is way over priced. No way it would sell for anything near that right now. I'm all for raising the value of the house but let's be realistic. It's just another scam for the Gov to make money.

I'm never going to get ahead in this economy! I was better off 10 years ago then I am now.
    ARGH!

// MRA #888 //
    Current Bikes: 2007 Triumph 675 (race) : 2009 Ducati 1198 : 2004 Yamaha YZ250F : 2011 Ducati 796 Monster (wifes)

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

Mine went up last year a bit, about 13k down this year. I don't care much, it's lower taxes for me and I'm not selling for a long time, so they can keep it low until then as far as I'm concerned.

Banks will fuck ya too. Good customers are getting screwed right now as part of the whole "help the penniless" push.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

Quote Originally Posted by Graphite675 View Post
    I hear you. Mine just got raised also (El Paso county). My taxes just went up several hundreds dollars year because of it. How can that be?? Properties are not selling and going down in value yet my tax value is going up? What they listed on my taxes as "market" value on my house is way over priced. No way it would sell for anything near that right now. I'm all for raising the value of the house but let's be realistic. It's just another scam for the Gov to make money.

I'm never going to get ahead in this economy! I was better off 10 years ago then I am now.
    ARGH!

same with me, got my shit in saturday and my tax value raised a little over 15K. but when i called the bank to review it they said my value dropped 20K because people in my neighborhood have forclosed on there homes and it makes the neighborhood bad or something. WTF!!!!!
    this country and especially state has all gone to hell. how the fuck can they raise my tax value but lower my house value. its just a way for the state to fuck us in paying them more. now with me out of a job and going to school im gonna end up losing my house and having to move back to maryland under my in-laws roof! this is bullshit! my hands are literally shaking cause im so mad.
    Rooster

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe View Post
    Mine went up last year a bit, about 13k down this year. I don't care much, it's lower taxes for me and I'm not selling for a long time, so they can keep it low until then as far as I'm concerned.

Banks will fuck ya too. Good customers are getting screwed right now as part of the whole "help the penniless" push.
    and that pisses me off too! just cause i make my payments in full and on time or even pay more and early than im soppose too im gonna get fucked? i just opened the letter a few minutes ago and freaking the fuck out. how in the hell do they justify screwing the good guy to help out the bad guy. im not saying everyone in a hard time is bad but lets face it. there are people out there who just dont give a dam. cause they know the goverment will pitty them and literally wipe there ass if they dont do it them dam selves!
    Rooster

The banks and .gov continually screwing those of us who have actually paid our bills is what really strikes a nerve with me. I am so tired of having to work my ass off so I can prop up the dumb ass who bought a house they couldn't afford, then sucked out imaginary equity and now claim it's not their fault.

If my job was not dependent upon me keeping a good credit score and staying financially stable, I'd stop payments on both of my properties immediately. It will take the banks months to do anything, then months upon months to eventually foreclose. A couple of legal paperwork maneuvers and I could live for free for a couple of years before they demand the keys... and at that point, they can have 'em!

Hmmmmm...
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Now you guys get what I'm saying!!!!!!!!!!!

I pay my bills, without working for two years, and these assholes are fucking me because everyone else was irresponsible!!!!!!!!! We do not live beyond our means, but if you take away my work, how the fuck am I supposed to keep paying?!?!?!?

They won't refinance me, so now I get to become a statistic!!!! However, I'm not the kind of person to shirk my responsibility! So, I guess I'll pay 'till I'm completely fucked and out of money!!!
    Kim & Dean

All, please educate me a little since I'm planning on buying this summer.

From what I understand, values go up and down. So, even if you're now down 20k, wouldn't you expect it to spring back eventually? I thought it just kind of fluctuates based on the market. More foreclosures, lower values.

I'm trying to buy now since rates are low and it would be nice to lock in something good.

I know it sucks for some that have posted here, but how can someone like me take advantage of the current market?

Quote Originally Posted by tecknojoe View Post
    I'm trying to buy now since rates are low and it would be nice to lock in something good.
    Hope you have stupid good credit and a lot to put down.
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

From what I understand, values go up and down. So, even if you're now down 20k, wouldn't you expect it to spring back eventually? I thought it just kind of fluctuates based on the market. More foreclosures, lower values.

I know it sucks for some that have posted here, but how can someone like me take advantage of the current market?
    ^^Ditto.

Basically, buy something with as close to instant equity as you can get

Zach, you don't need as much to put down with really good credit. I was afraid I was going to have to put 20% down and it's looking like I won't have to do that in the end
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    If my job was not dependent upon me keeping a good credit score and staying financially stable, I'd stop payments on both of my properties immediately. It will take the banks months to do anything, then months upon months to eventually foreclose. A couple of legal paperwork maneuvers and I could live for free for a couple of years before they demand the keys... and at that point, they can have 'em!

Hmmmmm...

don't do it

To take advantage all you need to do is buy!!

I'm bitching because the banks base my value on foreclosures. Yet, the county bases my value on home sales from two years ago.

I can't re-fi, but I can pay more in property taxes...
    Kim & Dean

Quote Originally Posted by MetaLord 9 View Post
    Zach, you don't need as much to put down with really good credit. I was afraid I was going to have to put 20% down and it's looking like I won't have to do that in the end
    I guess it's good to hear that's not the case anymore.
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Ours went up $2500 in Weld. I also say but consider us lucky compared to some of you I guess.
    1998 VFR800 Interceptor - resurrected and custom tail http://vfrworld.com/forums/5th-gener...98-vfr800.html

1999 DR650SE

Gold Member Yearly Supporter McVaaahhh's Avatar

Yeah the bank bases it on what they might be able to sell it for, and unfortunately the foreclosures drag all the values down.

The county, on the other hand, bases their value on some imaginary formula that equals the absolute most that they can get from you.

Really sucks, but the local governments are as broke as the rest of us in this economy so they're doing what they can to survive, which usually mean screwing the middle-class worker rather than looking at their own budgets and eliminating waste.
    '02 RC-51 - Street
    '05 Pitster Pro 125 - Pitbike madness

Be polite. Be professional. But be prepared to kill everyone you meet.

"Motorcycles tell us a more useful truth: we are small and exposed, and probably moving too fast for our own good, but that's no reason not to enjoy every minute of the ride."
    ~Dave Karlotski

that's my opinion as well
    1998 VFR800 Interceptor - resurrected and custom tail http://vfrworld.com/forums/5th-gener...98-vfr800.html

1999 DR650SE