Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Arapahoe County just screwed us on our property value!!

Re: Arapahoe County just screwed us on our property value!!

Quote Originally Posted by Graphite675 View Post
    I agree ...and disagree. Unless you are buying Million $ plus homes I don't think you are getting truely "custom". Mine was built by a fairly reputable builder and although probably not custom it does have a lot of nice upgrades compared to a cookie cutter house.
    If you didn't hire an architect, you didn't get custom. Semi-custom is what everyone gets and then calls it 'custom'. A lot of times the builder will hire me and as soon as the house is framed, they put it on the market. This is custom, too. Basically, a custom home is one of a kind. Even the $500,000 homes in the Ranch are not custom.
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

Quote Originally Posted by Kim-n-Dean View Post
    The problem is you're competing with unemployment benefits. I've heard a lot of people say, "why work when I'm going to make the same as my unemployment?"

I would be on time and be an excellent employee, but yeah, if someone needs a custom home, I'm gone!!!!!!!! I can tell you that isn't going to happen for at least another two years, though!! My clients are hard-core Republicans and won't spend a dime while the Dem's are in office. That fucked up mentality is what put me out of work!
    No one should expect you to stay around for life either, that unrealistic as an employer. I remember I gave the BS thing in my interview once of "I'm be here and sure this is a good place to work and grow"...the VP looked at me and said "shut the fuck up, as soon as a better job comes along you will be gone and I expect you to take a better offer. We just hope your here for a few years"...that was the Dot com days....if I would have known I would have taken the $150K a year job in Utah....LOL That those days would be gone quickly...and in MI it ended back in 2003'ish.

So where is Connman located? I assume Denver? But if its Springs or Castle Rock I'm looking for part time (so I can keep my riding but keep my sanity too). Not sure driving to Denver for $13/hr is worth it though...assuming that is a legit job and their is tax...if cash it might be worth it. *wink, wink*

If you didn't hire an architect, you didn't get custom. Semi-custom is what everyone gets and then calls it 'custom'. A lot of times the builder will hire me and as soon as the house is framed, they put it on the market. This is custom, too. Basically, a custom home is one of a kind. Even the $500,000 homes in the Ranch are not custom.
    Yep, I have a neighbor who's wife works at Home Depot here in Monument. I was talking with her (I think the husbands a Doctor) She calls her house custom...LOL They picked it out of a book of plans, there are probably 100 more like it in the area.

Now my parents house in TN is custom. They took a design they liked...their lake house and had an architectural engineer modify it...added a bathroom, expanded rooms and what have you. It was actually quit easy because they knew what they wanted. I think it comes in at 10,000 square feet. Plus they picked each light fixture, the faucets, what type of bathroom vents fan/heaters to install, the type and style of windows along with brand. They sat down and went over EVERY little detail with the builder and then he quoted them a price, not to mention they had to pick a spot on the property have a $25K bridge installed, a driveway professionally done...every detail...the whole package is unique to THEM. thats a custom home. They went all out as its their LAST house, unless I get to put them into a retirement home one day....but they expect to die there.

This stuff out here people call custom is not.

As for the wife picking new, no she was sold on the view. We are not too happy with the floor plans we saw out here but oh well we can live with it and make it work...and trust me we looked at one that was $580K and it still was lacking compared to our house back in MI which during good times was $242K in a fancy area. Thats one thing we have that would help us sell the home here, the view and we have one of the larger yards (great for dogs and children). Its the view that sold my wife.

This is directed at new home buyers, these homes were build buy CA's for CA's....Even that $580K NEW home had builder shit quality windows, lighting...it would of been a $300k home back in MI during good times. That I will not get use to here...I've had other people agree with me on that from the East coast, even a few CO's I've meet say "yep homes were build by CA's for CA's. Which makes sense, someone from CA would say wow a huge home with a yard for $500K...that be a multi-million dollar home back in CA...so thus they fail to look at the quality.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Got mine on Saturday and lost $17k in value
    Same here. House appraised at 330-something-thousand and it's down to 32-someodd-thousand (333k down to 321k IIRC). I paid 282k for it, but I hate losing value!!!

The assessor says I'm down $15K this year (northeast Springs). Since I don't plan to move anytime soon, I'll accept the lower property taxes.
    '09 Duc Monster 696
    '00 Suz SV650 (Dad's, garaged with mine)
    I like mountains because they make me feel small.

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Quote Originally Posted by dirkterrell View Post
    Oh, it was much more insidious than that. The banks made crap loans, bundled them as AAA investment instruments, and then bet on their failing.

http://www.market-ticker.org/akcs-ww...lepost=2239509

http://www.market-ticker.org/akcs-ww...lepost=2139252

These jackasses have asset-stripped most of us naked. With the government's refusal to let them fail and, worse, give nothing more than a slap on the wrist to the big banks when they admit to doing illegal things, I honestly don't see anything but a total collapse coming.

People love to bitch about the oil companies but they actually make quite reasonable profits percentage-wise, and they actually produce a product. It's the bankers that are robbing us blind but the vast majority of us don't have a clue what's going on.
    As usual, The Dirkster makes total sense, and has the charts and graphs to back his assertions. Dirk for prez 2021! I agree, I'd MUCH rather the banks failed and their top management went to prison.
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLE_MONKEY View Post
    As usual, The Dirkster makes total sense, and has the charts and graphs to back his assertions. Dirk for prez 2021! I agree, I'd MUCH rather the banks failed and their top management went to prison.
    Amen!!!

Too big to fail? Now, they've all merged! How big are they now?!?!? Hopeless, hopeless, hopeless!!!!!
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Truth be told, the way the politicians have been on their knees before these big bankers, I think the correct phrase is "Too big to jail". They are out of control and unless there is widespread understanding of what's happened and resultant fury, they are just going to run everything into the ground. The bankers have stripped us. The politicians and the mainstream press have failed us. Bernanke and crew are refusing to let happen what needs to happen, running the dollar right into the toilet. The math is finally catching up to these ignoramuses.

http://www.market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=185389
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

On my toes! Lifetime Supporter PunyJuney's Avatar

The problem is you're competing with unemployment benefits. I've heard a lot of people say, "why work when I'm going to make the same as my unemployment?"
    Entitlement, the society killer

MV Agusta F4 Brutale 1078rr
    2012 CBR1000rr Anniversary Edition

"keep your words soft and sweet as one day you may have to eat them" -Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by aerofaze View Post
    The assessor says I'm down $15K this year (northeast Springs). Since I don't plan to move anytime soon, I'll accept the lower property taxes.
    Argh, Another one down. I'm in NE Springs also but mine went up $25K which means another couple hundred a year in property taxes. i'm already getting raped in property taxes as it is. I have no plans on moving anytime soon so i would have been fine with a drop or at least stay the same.

2 year old house and I'm up $25K that's a pretty good investment ....if it were realistic.

// MRA #888 //
    Current Bikes: 2007 Triumph 675 (race) : 2009 Ducati 1198 : 2004 Yamaha YZ250F : 2011 Ducati 796 Monster (wifes)

Quote Originally Posted by dirkterrell View Post
    Oh, it was much more insidious than that. The banks made crap loans, bundled them as AAA investment instruments, and then bet on their failing.

These jackasses have asset-stripped most of us naked. With the government's refusal to let them fail and, worse, give nothing more than a slap on the wrist to the big banks when they admit to doing illegal things, I honestly don't see anything but a total collapse coming.

People love to bitch about the oil companies but they actually make quite reasonable profits percentage-wise, and they actually produce a product. It's the bankers that are robbing us blind but the vast majority of us don't have a clue what's going on.
    I find this funny, inevitable and what they will get away with next...

The Next Housing Shock

MRA Racer No.427

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    I find this funny, inevitable and what they will get away with next...

The Next Housing Shock
    Yeah, Denninger has been railing on that for quite a while. Nice to see the mainstream media finally catch on. Now they just need to interrupt American Idol for a few minutes and play that 60 Minutes piece.

More reading:

http://www.market-ticker.org/akcs-ww...lepost=2433293

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

This is why they are/were forging documents:

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/51...tml.csp?page=1

--Thomas Jefferson

Our house went up $1000 this year! It's still down $19k from when we bought it.... :-/

And here is an example of where the politicians' true allegiances lie:

http://www.market-ticker.org/akcs-ww...lepost=2522888

http://www.market-ticker.org/akcs-ww...lepost=2525831

--Thomas Jefferson

I'm kind of worried that when I pay off my mortgage that I'll never see the title.

It would be almost worth it to class action a whole city of these mortgages to force the holders to come up with the paperwork. The trillions of dollars it would cost to find it all would mean it would be cheaper for them to just give us our houses.

MRA Racer No.427

Wow, this is crazy. Just looked at mine, and it went down again... another $9k. Adams county.
    2008 Honda CBR600RR - Graffiti
    2002 Yamaha WR250F

im in adams too, just got mine from the county, mine went down 30k because of the foreclosed homes in the area... damn it..
    -Eugene-

2007 black hayabusa touring beast
    2003 KTM 525sx/exc hybrid
    2002 black and blue hayabusa- (SOLD)
    2000 ZX7R STREETFIGHTER-(SOLD)

I don't know why you guys are complaining!

Just because your home value goes down, it's not a bad thing. Your taxes go down too! The only time you need to be concerned with value is when you sell, and we all know now is not the time to sell.

Also, your home value is not actually what the county says it is. It is market dependent contigent upon the sale of said property! Your home is worth what someone will pay for it, or what the bank will loan on it, and banks will loan for a home purchase based on comps in the area that ARE NOT foreclosures up to 2 years back.

So stop being upset about your home value dropping. It's not the end of the world, the market will rebound, your home value will shoot up three fold and then the bubble will burst again.

If you are really concerned, contest the valuation that the county set. They'd be happy to accept your higher valuation and tax you more.

Or, if you really want to save some money and stick it to your county, get ag status for your property, I've got some goats I can loan you.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitesse304 View Post
    I've got some goats I can loan you.
    I could call you on this, I really don't want to mow this acre and 3/4 of yard I have this year damn it!!! Hehehehehehe
    €~~~ Ramon Uribe ~~~€. 2011 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R (Current 2019)

-"CSC Community" Trailer - Is Available As Of (Stolen!!!!!!!) FML - @ My Home
    720-475-6984

I just got mine in the mail today. Wow...dropped $62,700 from last year.
    Liberty never came from government. The history of liberty is a history of resistance. The history of liberty is a history of limitations of government power, not the increase of it. Woodrow Wilson, September 9th, 1912

"The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, waistoids, dweebies, dickheads - they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude."

Quote Originally Posted by Connman View Post
    Just your basic warehouse/distribution center - order picking positions. Although I do need someone accurate in a receiving position. I am looking for long-term employees though, not people who need a job until something better comes along.

Wholesale garden supplies - specializing in indoor growing/hydroponic equipment, lighting, grow media, and nutrients.

Very relaxed atmosphere, truly 'work' about 4 hrs a day. I constantly tell my guys that this will be the easiest job they'll ever have. Can't find anyone though! People either can't handle getting here on time, or are just plain lazy when they are here. You'd think in this market people would appreciate a job, but I guess there are some who just don't get it.
    prior service here, if im not 15 minutes to the 15 minutes prior of the formation time im having a very bad day. havent missed a days work in years. im not lazy either! lol
    Rooster

(in Denver co.) My value is 3k less than appraised at purchase, but 2k more than I owe. All within 1 year of purchase... what about the $24 k I dumped inside the.joint? Haha

I just got my assessment in the mail yesterday and the value of my home dropped 13k. FML.

Leah
    05 Raven R1
    01 YZ250F