Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Arapahoe County just screwed us on our property value!!

Senior Member Yearly Supporter Tylar's Avatar

Re: Arapahoe County just screwed us on our property value!!

We had ours appraised last June for a re-fi and the value of the home dropped. Adam's County felt the house was 30k more than our appraisal.

Because our appraisal was 8 days before the cut off, JEnette was able to walk into the Adam's count Assessor's office and walk out with a corrected value.

I hate my home value going down, but I'll be damned if I'm going to pay taxes on a $30k inflation.
    -Tylar

2009: 2009 GSXR 600 *wifey's*
    2010: 2008 YZF-R1

Also-

It took ~15 minutes and was a very pleasant experience (out at the new Adam's facility on 120th/76).

We're stilli in shock it was easier than going to the grocery store...
    -Tylar

Quote Originally Posted by Connman View Post
    Just your basic warehouse/distribution center - order picking positions. Although I do need someone accurate in a receiving position. I am looking for long-term employees though, not people who need a job until something better comes along.

Wholesale garden supplies - specializing in indoor growing/hydroponic equipment, lighting, grow media, and nutrients.

Very relaxed atmosphere, truly 'work' about 4 hrs a day. I constantly tell my guys that this will be the easiest job they'll ever have. Can't find anyone though! People either can't handle getting here on time, or are just plain lazy when they are here. You'd think in this market people would appreciate a job, but I guess there are some who just don't get it.
    I am very, very interested in this job! I sent an email and PM, but never heard back. Is there anything to discus here?
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

Quote Originally Posted by Kim-n-Dean View Post
    You all know my bitching about not being able to find work!! I'm out of money at the end of this month, too.

A couple weeks ago my bank calls and says they can save me over $1,000/month if I want to refinance. I'm like, "hell yeah! and tell them Arapahoe values my house at only $201,000." They tell me it's no problem because they don't use county assessments, so my house will come in higher. I needed a value of $220,000 to re-fi. A week later the bank calls me back and says my house is only worth $190,000 because of the foreclosures in my neighborhood and I can't re-fi.

I haven't worked in almost two years and have never missed or been late on ANY of our bills!! My bank tells us that we are "Top 100" customers because of our history with them. Both our credit scores are over 700 and those assholes are going to base my situation on the assholes that didn't pay their bills!! That's bull shit!!

I've met with several people from the mortgage dept., raising hell that this isn't right. They look up my value again and come back with an even lower $182,000. I tell them that if they are going to base my situation on people who don't pay their bills, then I'm going to become one as well.

Anyway, here's the point. My bank gives me paper work to go to the county and get my value reduced for my property taxes. I was going to go down today, but on Saturday, we got a letter from the county stating they raised my value to $213,100. They base this value on sales that took place in April of 2009, two years ago. I can appeal, but can't use any sales data past June 30, 2010.

How can they do this? Fucking thieves!! More proof that the government isn't doing shit to fix a damn thing!!
    Well, Carol Chambers has to get the money somewhere to pay her prosecutors to push unjust deals and get convictions where justice would suggest a different course.

Yep. Your local law and order candidate!

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

I saw this article this morning and it reminded me of this thread. It put a big smile on my face:

http://www.digtriad.com/news/waterco...ank-Of-America
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

that's great!
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Well... I appealed and actually WON!! They tried to raise my taxes by $13,000 and I got them lowered by $20,000. The county certainly counts on you being lazy and not following the appeal procedure. They also take everything to the deadline (they had until 6/30 to respond and I got the notice yesterday), hoping you'll not take the time to continue. Therefore, I totally expected to be denied on the first appeal. I also chose the "appeal in person" option. I wanted to show the county that I'll put in the time, personally!!

I think what really helped me was my friend being a realtor. He printed out some serious ammo for me to take into the assessors office. They were pretty impressed with the info I had! His access to the MLS was a gold mine!!!!
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

We were shocked with our success in Adams as well.

Congrats, Dean.
    -Tylar