Thread: To fix or not to fix?

To fix or not to fix?

I am in the process of trying to figure out what to do with my '96 ZX6R.
    The second gear is out and I can do one of two things.

1. TFOG say's they can fix it for $500.00 to $600.00 bucks or
    2. Sell it for $2000.00 and buy a newer bike.

I own the bike out right and can probably sell it for 2,800.00 to 3,000.00 with second gear fixed or I can just not deal with it and keep it in the for sale catagory. What would you all do if you had my situation, remembering that I am not made of money.
    Travis
    AKA T-BONE

"Ya, that was me passing you with a 600! Don't be embarrassed!!"

I've got the same problem with my '95 YZF 600. It's just sitting waiting for a decision from the powers that be.... I was quoted like $1500 to get 2nd gear fixed though
    Jon

I'd say get T-Fog to fix it, then sell it for $3K. You'll still be $500 ahead than if you sell it "as is".
    "Life is not a journey unto the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but rather
    to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and leaking oil, shouting GERONIMO!"

-
    SV650S/SV650 Superbike/R6/1150GS/Tuono R

Quote Originally Posted by surfinspacegirl
    I'd say get T-Fog to fix it, then sell it for $3K. You'll still be $500 ahead than if you sell it "as is".
    Question from a newbie to the board... What's T-Fog?
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by jdatwood
    It's magic

Just messin' with ya. T-Fog Wheelsports, listed at http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/local/shops.html
    "Life is not a journey unto the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but rather
    to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and leaking oil, shouting GERONIMO!"

-
    SV650S/SV650 Superbike/R6/1150GS/Tuono R

It's magic

Just messin' with ya. T-Fog Wheelsports, listed at http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/local/shops.html
    And they are awesome!! Hanna, I see what your say'n and I thought that way too, so I think I answered my own question... Even if I can only sell it for 2800.00 when it's all fixed I'm still ahead 3bills, so I guess I will give it to Scott (TFOG dude) to deal with and see if his approx estiment is correct. Then I will have a bike for a while longer without having to dip into my budget to much.

However, I will wait just a little bit to see what other comments are made on this subject. I know that Rick T. is interested in the bike as well so I need to figure out what the heck I'm going to do ASAP.

Keep the comments comming!
    Travis
    AKA T-BONE

"Ya, that was me passing you with a 600! Don't be embarrassed!!"

It's magic

Heheheh, thanks I figured it was something simple like that...
    Jon

Trav, sounds like you've already made up your mind, but I was going to suggest getting it fixed. That way, if it doesn't sell, you've got a fully-functional bike, that will be worth more when you do finally sell it (plus you can take it out on the track then ).

Quote Originally Posted by mr2fast
    I know that Rick T. is interested in the bike as well so I need to figure out what the heck I'm going to do ASAP.
    Travis... bro' ~ do what's best for YOU... man don't worry about selling it to me. As a buyer, I'll want to get the lowest price in the entire history of man... as the seller, you need to make money. Fix it, ride it, keep it (make wife happy), then NEXT year... go get an '04 Liter Bike!!!! Yeah baaaabbyyyy...
    Rick T.
    '12 Ducati SF848
    '01 Ducati M900RRS
    '00.5 Aprilia Mille R
    '02 Malaguti Yesterday 50