Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OBD down at HPR

Re: OBD down at HPR

bummer.

hope you put on the race plastics I sold you last year rather than destroying your good stuff.
    you'll be fine old man

On my toes! Lifetime Supporter PunyJuney's Avatar

Gary and I went to see him today at the hospital. If that's what taking it to the track looks like, I'll just keep riding slow. He coughed a bit and it looked excruciating! I'm sure he won't ask for anyone's help but will need plenty when he finally gets out. Chest tube was still in and he was still on oxygen, so in spite of his wishful thinking yesterday he didn't go anywhere today.

best wishes for a speedy and full recovery.
    peter.
    peter emsley - MRA #203

For falling down at 80mph he looks pretty good. At least he didn't shatter an ankle like me.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Quote Originally Posted by asp_125 View Post
    For falling down at 80mph he looks pretty good.
    Feeling better, at least for a moment . . .
    Last edited by 50sGrl; Tue May 10th, 2011 at 08:05 PM.

09 Yamaha FZ6R
    08 Yamaha XT250

for T4 on a 1000...luckily he was only doing 80...

heal up soon buddy

Gold Member Yearly Supporter McVaaahhh's Avatar

Best wishes for healing up quickly!
    '02 RC-51 - Street
    '05 Pitster Pro 125 - Pitbike madness

Be polite. Be professional. But be prepared to kill everyone you meet.

"Motorcycles tell us a more useful truth: we are small and exposed, and probably moving too fast for our own good, but that's no reason not to enjoy every minute of the ride."
    ~Dave Karlotski

Racers never like to see a heli come in, sounds like the outcome was pretty positive in lieu of that.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!
    Slow and fat, but entertaining...

06 675
    74 CB450
    MRA#91

Darell is stuck back in bed with fluid draining from his chest, dealing with serious boredom. If you want to visit or give him a call, he's at Aurora Medical Center, hospital number is 303-695-2600 and he's in room 407.

09 Yamaha FZ6R
    08 Yamaha XT250

Quote Originally Posted by PunyJuney View Post
    If that's what taking it to the track looks like, I'll just keep riding slow.
    If he had done this on the street, he'd be in a lot worse shape. The track is the safest place to ride. No ditches, trees, cliffs, guardrails, rv's, sand, potholes, paint, deer, oncoming traffic, trucks, intersections, etc.
    www.cocsba.com

'00 ZX12R
    '03 SV1000

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

I think I'll go visit him this afternoon!
    "With every broken bone, I swear I lived."

If that's what taking it to the track looks like, I'll just keep riding slow.
    Accidents happen on the track, just like on the street. There are a hundred times more injuries and fatalities riding on the street than there are on the track. This is the first time in over 10 years the MRA has had to medivac a rider from an event. The same can't be said for the frequency it's occurred with accidents on the street. Yes, the track isnt for everyone but for those that want to push their limits (and their bikes) it is the best place. Darrel was my student this past weekend and I do feel awful about what occurred. But I am glad that it happened in a controlled environment with EMT's immediately available rather than out on some mountain road.
    Life's too short to sit back and try to always play it safe. I am going to a funeral this morning for my co-worker. He had a heart attack earlier this week at age 41. You never know when it's your time so you gotta live life a little.
    Motorcycle Roadracing Association #29
    President

MSF
    Rider Coach

Quote Originally Posted by bornwildnfree View Post
    I think I'll go visit him this afternoon!

Am going when I get done with work at 1

Will be there sometime this afternoon too.
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

To echo what Jim said, I have found racing has made me a much more conservative street rider. Once you get used to riding without so many outside variables the street becomes very intimidating.

It is all in your perspective, I encourage those who have never been on the track to try it at least once. Best place to learn what a sportbike can truly do with far less risk.
    Slow and fat, but entertaining...

06 675
    74 CB450
    MRA#91

Quote Originally Posted by UglyDogRacing View Post
    Life's too short to sit back and try to always play it safe. I am going to a funeral this morning for my co-worker. He had a heart attack earlier this week at age 41. You never know when it's your time so you gotta live life a little.
    I so agree.

09 Yamaha FZ6R
    08 Yamaha XT250

Reason No.1 why it's safer to race. Traffic is not coming at you...

MRA Racer No.427

Hi Darrel,
    I hope you will feel better soon so we can have lunch at Zoka's! Let me know if you need anything. Looks like you have the reading materials covered.

Quote Originally Posted by UglyDogRacing View Post
    But I am glad that it happened in a controlled environment with EMT's immediately available rather than out on some mountain road.
    Exactly right. Not only are there less inherent risks at the track in the first place, when something DOES go wrong you get virtually instant, qualified medical attention. I was on scene in less than 60 seconds, the ambulance was less than 60 seconds after that.
    The GECCO

You begin your riding career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Amen to what Jim stated. While accidents do happen on the track and on the street, Its an inherent risk that we accept willfuly and knowingly when we swing a leg over our bikes. The professionalism of the cornerworks, crew and medical staff as well as the MRA as a whole is without parallel. Thier professionalism and dedication allows me to take it to the track secure in the knowledge that Ill be in good hands should an accident happen. Time and time again, the skills and knowledge learned at the track have saved my life on the street. Once again, prayers and wishes for a quick recovery.
    Slow and stupid....at least its entertaining to watch.

03 R1 Limited Edition (Satanic Edition)
    00 R6 Racebike

MRA # 420
    Rocky Mountain Photos, DBA Construction LLC

On my toes! Lifetime Supporter PunyJuney's Avatar

wow, been away on business and dropped in to see if there was an update on Darrel....only to see that the drama contingent ran away with this thread too. Unbelievable, has anyone got an update on OBD?

Senior Member Yearly Supporter Tylar's Avatar

wow, been away on business and dropped in to see if there was an update on Darrel....only to see that the drama contingent ran away with this thread too. Unbelievable, has anyone got an update on OBD?
    I was told by Rey and Jim that he had the chest tube pulled...only to build up more fluid, have it reinserted and then to acquire pneumonia. Apparently he's in "good" spirits.....considering he has pneumonia with busted ribs
    -Tylar

2009: 2009 GSXR 600 *wifey's*
    2010: 2008 YZF-R1

Hardly drama by our standards. They are just pointing out facts. The track IS safer than the street. Racing has its risks. Those of us that race accept those risks.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

I was visiting Friday and Rey and Brian were there too. D's still fighting off the pneumonia and getting better. He was hoping to be released Monday. He still has a ways to go to heal up the busted rib and collarbone.
    my Facebook, SpeedShots