Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NEED SEVERE HELP

Re: NEED SEVERE HELP

He may not have collision insurance. I ride with liability (their cars) and comprehensive (damn thieves).

Also, Revan, see my last post, I edited recently.
    George Mock | 2008 ZX6R | GoPro Hero | 3:551 5806

Haha I already called them. The adjuster should call be before noon tomorrow. But I have some very specific questions for a MSF instructor. Anyone know one personally?
    '01 ZX-6R

Quote Originally Posted by Vellos View Post
    He may not have collision insurance. I ride with liability (their cars) and comprehensive (damn thieves).
    I'm surprised that with crashing an all right outside your dealership you wouldnt have collision :P Especially since you go to the twisties so often. That was the main piece I made sure to have, since I expect to crash sometime in my life :P
    MRA Expert #880 - 2015 AmateurGTO Champion, 2013 NoviceGTU Champion
    2006 YZF-R6 Race "No name" - 2005 YZF-R6 Street "Aurora"
    2015 Sponsors: Dunlop, Speedin Motorsports, STM Suspension, Silkolene Lubricants, EBC Brakes, Pit-Bull Products

Text: (72O) 432-7236

Good edit, as for the accident, I have a witness. And I know she was completely stopped on impact bc I fell straight down didn't have any rotation at all. And after I got out of the ER I went back to check it out, and there was still pieces of my headlights on the road so I got a good estimate of distance. Thanks for all your guys help and advice. I think my biggest blessing is my witness (granted he tells it how I remember it lol)
    '01 ZX-6R

Quote Originally Posted by Revan View Post
    Haha I already called them. The adjuster should call be before noon tomorrow. But I have some very specific questions for a MSF instructor. Anyone know one personally?
    I think one of the "Abate" titled members is an instructor by the name of Kevin. I THINK he is the same guy I had when I went through the class @ Red Rocks, but not certain.
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Quote Originally Posted by WolFeYeZ View Post
    I'm surprised that with crashing an all right outside your dealership you wouldnt have collision :P Especially since you go to the twisties so often. That was the main piece I made sure to have, since I expect to crash sometime in my life :P
    In most motorcycle crashes/collisions insurance claims the bike as totaled. Scratches from a drop costs about as much as the deductible to repair. And collision doesn't cover a crash at the track where I push myself. It's cheaper just to save my money for when something actually happens ($720 a year).

Quote Originally Posted by Vellos View Post
    And collision doesn't cover a crash at the track where I push myself.
    FYI, full coverage will cover you at track day as long as your aren't engaging in a "competition", depending on carrier obviously. But at that point, you might as well just say you binned it in the canyons and had a friend pick you up.
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Congratulations Vellos, you are person number 999,999,999 to be politely shown that you are wrong on CSC. How does it feel? I wonder who the billionth will be
    MRA Expert #880 - 2015 AmateurGTO Champion, 2013 NoviceGTU Champion
    2006 YZF-R6 Race "No name" - 2005 YZF-R6 Street "Aurora"
    2015 Sponsors: Dunlop, Speedin Motorsports, STM Suspension, Silkolene Lubricants, EBC Brakes, Pit-Bull Products

Text: (72O) 432-7236

Quote Originally Posted by Zach929rr View Post
    But at that point, you might as well just say you binned it in the canyons and had a friend pick you up.

Tommy Lee Jones reads that newspaper faster than I ride.
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Quote Originally Posted by Zach929rr View Post
    Tommy Lee Jones reads that newspaper faster than I ride.
    When it's time for a new bike do you undo your front calipers and go for a spin?

Im sorry man... I hate the gray area of the law.

Im not sure that there is anyway (even if what you are saying is understood by everyone on this page) that you could get "out/off" of this ticket. Was she given a ticket for careless or reckless driving? If she was you could have the "fault" proven to be her MAYBE.

It sucks because you could have been 100 feet behind her but in Colorado "following to closely" is the ticket given ANYTIME someone rear ends someone else, no matter the reason
    Last edited by Ezzzzy1; Wed May 11th, 2011 at 09:12 AM.

And I know she was completely stopped on impact bc I fell straight down didn't have any rotation at all.
    Wut? A lack of rotation simply means the forces acting between you and the car were linear and in-line with your center of mass.

Bottom line, a brand new rider on a 600 crashed into the back of a car. Rider knew the driver was sketchy and still crashed. Seems training is is order.

Quote Originally Posted by CaneZach View Post
    Wut? A lack of rotation simply means the forces acting between you and the car were linear and in-line with your center of mass.
    This guy DEFINITELY knows what he is talking about
    '16 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
    '12 Kawasaki Concours14 -
    Sold
    '08 Kawasaki Concours14 -
    Sold
    '05 Suzuki SV1000S - Sold
    '07 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 - Sold

AKA "Devaclis"

You should always ride VERY scared. Like everyone is going to kill you. Bikes are dangerous. No matter what happens, you NEED TO RIDE SCARED.

I think it was 100% her fault for being a girl.
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

It's too late now, and I wouldn't recommend you do this, but this is how you might be able to get out of a ticket for rear ending someone if there weren't any witnesses. I only know this because a woman ran into my 4Runner while it was parked in front of my house. Here's how she did it, right or wrong:

She hit my parked 4Runner while she was going about 40mph. She hit the driver's side rear quarter, pushing my truck about 20 feet down the road. She hit her head on her steering wheel, got knocked out and coasted about 100 feet until being stopped by a curb. When the officer arrived, she told them that a red car had forced her into my truck. Since there was no witness, the cop couldn't refute her story so he couldn't ticket her.

Since she wasn't ticketed, my insurance had to pay for my truck - it was "totaled" in the accident. They went after her insurance but they refused to pay because of a lack of ticket. It was quite a site for me; I'm working, looking out my window towards the street, and there goes my truck rolling down the road. I thought it was being stolen and ran outside, only to find it had pinned my fence gate closed and then I saw a smoking Thunderbird down the street. There were no brake marks from her car but my truck left 2 nice long rubber strips. I ran down the street, saw here wailing in pain (her teeth were on the floor) trying to text someone and called 911.

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    Sorry to break it to you but if you were behind and couldn't avoid her you were following too close or your emergency braking skills are not were they need to be. If you saw her screwing with her phone early on that should have triggered a red flag about this driver and should have caused you to take extra precautions around her. This is a lesson to take away with you.
    Revan, take the above advice to heart. It is exactly the frame of mind you need to be in if you are going to avoid getting hurt. You really do need to take note of what drivers are doing and adjust your riding accordingly. About once a week, I have someone do something stupid that could lead to a nasty situation if I didn't see that it was coming. With the distractions that people have these days, you simply cannot expect that they will do the right thing. You need to make sure that you can react safely when they do the wrong thing, because they will.
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

Revan, I don't know if you have taken the MSF BRC or not, but it may be helpful for you to read Unit IV Street Strategies starting on page 25 a few times before you get on a bike again http://www.msf-usa.org/CurriculumMat...71_noprint.pdf
    Motorcycle Roadracing Association #29
    President

MSF
    Rider Coach

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Spiderman will soon be a MSF instructor.
    "With every broken bone, I swear I lived."

Bueller is right. Unfortunately, no matter how stupid people are on the road, you have to assume that they are going to, and are actually making an effort to kill you by smearing you all over the road. Always assume that a car in front of you is going to slam on its brakes, and you are going to smash into the back of it. I tend to ride closer to the lane lines when closer to vehicles, and in heavier traffic. If something like that were to happen, at least I can split between vehicles.

Hell, just yesterday, I turned left onto 104th from I25 and was accelerating (left lane of 3) and saw a car turning to come out in front of me from the right. I didn't know it yet, but I assumed it was going to cut across all 3 lanes and that if I had kept accelerating, I would end up in the path of that car and get hit. I immediately dropped the throttle and grabbed brake and slowed down. Sure enough, car cuts across, doesn't even LOOK, and would have hit me. Some old lady...

Also, never focus at the car in front of you... always look at the car in front of the car in front of you, and beyond that. Sucks to hear about the wreck, and I hope you heal up. I just don't think you will have luck in court with this one, unless you have some good video evidence.
    2008 Honda CBR600RR - Graffiti
    2002 Yamaha WR250F

Quote Originally Posted by bornwildnfree View Post
    Spiderman will soon be a MSF instructor.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

sorry to hear about your wreck, i met you at the ride, i was on the busa, hope you heal up soon and dont give up riding because of a crappy situation. All the posts above are correct, you should have moved away from this person or kept a greater distance, we all get in these butt puckering braking situtations from time to time, but seeing bad stuff before it becomes bad can help you avoid getting in to trouble.. hope to see you out on the road again!
    -Eugene-

2007 black hayabusa touring beast
    2003 KTM 525sx/exc hybrid
    2002 black and blue hayabusa- (SOLD)
    2000 ZX7R STREETFIGHTER-(SOLD)

Quote Originally Posted by dirkterrell View Post
    you simply cannot expect that they will do the right thing. You need to make sure that you can react safely when they do the wrong thing, because they will.
    ^^^^^ Prevention is key. Do your best to avoid the accident in the first place. Ride PARANOID. However, if you want to get out of paying for accidents that truly aren't your fault, get a gopro and keep it running while you ride.
    www.cocsba.com

'00 ZX12R
    '03 SV1000