Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: No longer a virgin

Re: No longer a virgin

So, let me see if I'm getting this straight?

Cars are in your way and should probably not be on the road, or the road you're on. Maybe they could have designated roads, that you don't want to ride on? That seems fair.

You, and all of the highly skilled motorcyclists () should have your own rules/magical powers, that don't apply to anyone else. That seems fair. Because I think some drunk cruiser rider that can't turn his bike, should have extra special rules.

Bicyclists are in your way and should not be on your road, or any other. In fact, maybe they should stop manufacturing road bikes all together because some nOOb-jackass motorcycle rider doesn't like them on his roads. If they happen to get killed while riding on your streets, it's obviously their fault.

I'm going to guess that pedestrians can only use sidewalks. Can they cross roads in your magical kingdom? And if there are no sidewalks, they should use a car (which will be in your way).

Traffic lights/stop signs- always in your way.

What about airplanes? In your way too? Farmers taking tractors to different fields, they're to slow, they shouldn't be allowed on the road. Semi's should not be allowed to go up hill, it slows them down and impedes traffic. Scooters should be burned, they are obviously "in the way" in Europe and Asia. Am I missing anything else?

Local jerk Yearly Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    So, let me see if I'm getting this straight?

Cars are in your way and should probably not be on the road, or the road you're on. Maybe they could have designated roads, that you don't want to ride on? That seems fair.

You, and all of the highly skilled motorcyclists () should have your own rules/magical powers, that don't apply to anyone else. That seems fair. Because I think some drunk cruiser rider that can't turn his bike, should have extra special rules.

Bicyclists are in your way and should not be on your road, or any other. In fact, maybe they should stop manufacturing road bikes all together because some nOOb-jackass motorcycle rider doesn't like them on his roads. If they happen to get killed while riding on your streets, it's obviously their fault.

I'm going to guess that pedestrians can only use sidewalks. Can they cross roads in your magical kingdom? And if there are no sidewalks, they should use a car (which will be in your way).

Traffic lights/stop signs- always in your way.

What about airplanes? In your way too? Farmers taking tractors to different fields, they're to slow, they shouldn't be allowed on the road. Semi's should not be allowed to go up hill, it slows them down and impedes traffic. Scooters should be burned, they are obviously "in the way" in Europe and Asia. Am I missing anything else?
    Sounds about right to me

Quote Originally Posted by grim View Post
    Sounds about right to me
    George Mock | 2008 ZX6R | GoPro Hero | 3:551 5806

Quote Originally Posted by Vellos View Post
    Yea i wouldn't know anything about that lol!!! my afternoon was more like

Ah, good old Slocala...

Sean + hammer = nail on the head.

Quote Originally Posted by brennahm View Post
    Ah, good old Slocala...

Sean + hammer = nail on the head.
    yea granted it was in boulder but yes it was a lovely experience getting pulled over on my bike by another fellow motorcycle rider.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Do'Urden View Post
    I've seen nothing that specifies a set amount of time. I believe that if you sit at a light through a full sequence and it doesn't change then you'd have plenty of ground to stand on should a cop question it.

As such, there's a certain light that I encounter every morning and it doesn't see a lot of traffic coming off of 470 in the early a.m. If I'm the only one there when I come up on it then I stop, make sure everything is clear, then proceed. First couple of times I waited for literally about 5 minutes and it never changed (no visible sensors anywhere). Since then I treat it as a stop sign while yielding to all other traffic until it's clear.
    Thank you for the useful information. I also encounter a light like this in the morning.
    06 CBR600RR
    7:319/0319

Dear Deadline,

Don't worry about all the people that give you grief about lane splitting. It will be handy skill if you ever move to Cali or move out of US. Watch for CO drivers though, they don't expect you. When I first moved from San Diego, I kept lane splitting for a while. It's innate and I don't like sitting in traffic. I would say if you're splitting at speed, be extremely judgmental about the car drivers that you're diving between (their lane position, type of car, are they on the phone, their driving). Like you said, if traffic is at 40-45mph I split at 50-55mph. I don't split faster than that. You probably know that CO cops are vicious too. So be careful.

I'm ESL too.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetigr View Post
    Dear Deadline,

Don't worry about all the people that give you grief about lane splitting. It will be handy skill if you ever move to Cali or move out of US. Watch for CO drivers though, they don't expect you. When I first moved from San Diego, I kept lane splitting for a while. It's innate and I don't like sitting in traffic. I would say if you're splitting at speed, be extremely judgmental about the car drivers that you're diving between (their lane position, type of car, are they on the phone, their driving). Like you said, if traffic is at 40-45mph I split at 50-55mph. I don't split faster than that. You probably know that CO cops are vicious too. So be careful.

I'm ESL too.
    George Mock | 2008 ZX6R | GoPro Hero | 3:551 5806

Liberty never came from government. The history of liberty is a history of resistance. The history of liberty is a history of limitations of government power, not the increase of it. Woodrow Wilson, September 9th, 1912

"The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, waistoids, dweebies, dickheads - they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude."

We have another thread now for this actual argument... However, the above example is NOT what I believe most of us in favor of lane-splitting are condoning. The above video is NOT an example of legal lane-splitting, or even what the law is intended to allow. There was only one instance early on in the video that looked ok as "filtering forward", but the rest was just hooliganism in my book. No heavy traffic, no reason to ride like that.
    2016 Hyundai Veloster
    2007 SV650...NAKED!
    2007 MINI Cooper (sayonara, you piece of garbage)
    2002 Acura TL Type-S (Sold)
    2003 Triumph Speed Triple...NAKED! (DECEASED)
    2000 Suzuki SV650...NAKED! (DECEASED)
    2004 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (Sold)
    ~Kyle

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Do'Urden View Post
    The above video is NOT an example of legal lane-splitting, or even what the law is intended to allow.
    Point of order, there is no legal lane splitting in Colorado. I feel like this fact somehow keeps getting overlooked. Must not be an important factor.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by MetaLord 9 View Post
    Point of order, there is no legal lane splitting in Colorado. I feel like this fact somehow keeps getting overlooked. Must not be an important factor.
    Its only important when someone get's hit or a cager decides fuck this guy and opens their door!

Quote Originally Posted by MetaLord 9 View Post
    "Point of order", the video was filmed in CALIFORNIA, hence the friggin' PALM TREES as well as the mention of "Whittier Blvd and 605" (which is in L.A. county) in the youtube conversation that took me about 38 seconds to figure out. I feel like simply paying attention to the actual conversation in all its detail keeps getting overlooked. Must not be an important factor.

What IS an important factor is that what the video shows is NOT legal lane-splitting in the state of California, and is NOT the intention of such law.
    Last edited by Darth Do'Urden; Mon Jun 27th, 2011 at 11:41 AM.
    2016 Hyundai Veloster
    2007 SV650...NAKED!
    2007 MINI Cooper (sayonara, you piece of garbage)
    2002 Acura TL Type-S (Sold)
    2003 Triumph Speed Triple...NAKED! (DECEASED)
    2000 Suzuki SV650...NAKED! (DECEASED)
    2004 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (Sold)
    ~Kyle