Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: To the asshat who ran from the cops today...

Re: To the asshat who ran from the cops today...

Quote Originally Posted by Aracheon View Post
    Gotta love group rides with people you don't know.
    Yea that is unfortunate but i've been on many group rides with people i don't know, the risk level is ussually higher and i ride really defensively at first untill you get to know people. That being said there is no excuse for the way this person (and his "friend" for that matter) acted. Being relatively new to this forum (not riding) myself it just blows my mind someone would do that. Id like to hear what he has to say as well

Forum-> <- that guy
    Last edited by spdu4ia; Sun May 22nd, 2011 at 10:50 AM.
    -Travis-

Quote Originally Posted by Aracheon View Post
    Gotta love group rides with people you don't know.
    Yep, thats why I stopped trying to meet people for street riding. Just way too many unknowns.

If you are going to show to a group ride you should at least have a plate, that is just common sense and helps the group not get harassed because of your stupidity. To continue to ride without a license is messed up..its a luxury not a right, you can not even claim your going to work...your just own enjoying the day.

I would have handed the cops your information, well whatever I had...I'm surprised the group was so nice after that.

As for a buddy knowing and not saying anything I guess I can understand. But I would not have shown I was buddies with such a person...makes you look bad too.

Guess I should've walked the line of bikes before we all took off. That could've saved that group a ton of grief. Lesson learned, I will do that from now on during large rides.
    '16 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
    '12 Kawasaki Concours14 -
    Sold
    '08 Kawasaki Concours14 -
    Sold
    '05 Suzuki SV1000S - Sold
    '07 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 - Sold

^Agreed, lesson learned I guess. Future large noob group rides will have a quick "tech inspection" before KSU.
    -Travis-

He will get his eventually.
    "Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame" - Benjamin Franklin

SV650

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Swift View Post
    Unfarginbelievable. I still don't get why the hell the cop didn't radio to someone up ahead to go after this fucker.

Don't wanna put you on the spot Vellos but do you remember who the "friend" was? Bike perhaps?
    Thankgod was his friend and was the one who told Vellos about the painting and the suspended license. Luna is a guy and I will be looking through all the posted pics to see if I can find a pic of him and his bike although I'm sure at this point he's repainted it again to keep ahead of the police. I'm sure the cop tried to radio ahead but I watched Luna take off (we had gotten lost and had turned around to get our bearings which is a really funny story on it's own LOL) and he was flying prolly doing 100mph + and since there were multiple exits he prolly had no idea where Luna had gone. Luna was on an all white, obviously hand painted gsxr 600. I don't know what year. He's about 5'11" with kinda scruffy looking hair and the thing that stood out was the fang earring he had in his left ear.
    Last edited by bornwildnfree; Sun May 22nd, 2011 at 07:58 AM. Reason: cause it's early in the morning and I haven't had coffee
    "With every broken bone, I swear I lived."

Why am I not surprised by the name of his friend. What winners, both of them.
    '16 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
    '12 Kawasaki Concours14 -
    Sold
    '08 Kawasaki Concours14 -
    Sold
    '05 Suzuki SV1000S - Sold
    '07 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by bornwildnfree View Post
    (we had gotten lost and had turned around to get our bearings which is a really funny story on it's own LOL) .
    Off Topic, but yeah, want happened? We got to our destination, had lunch, waited for it to properly digest before Vellos & Co showed up....

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    Off Topic, but yeah, want happened? We got to our destination, had lunch, waited for it to properly digest before Vellos & Co showed up....
    Hehe, well, Spooph was leading and he hadn't been on the route before and I had only been on it once last year (and a lot of rum ago) so we got on C470 (passing Vello's group just as they were getting pulled over). I think Spooph thought he had missed the exit for Santa Fe (neither one of us being all too familiar with south west Denver) so we got off and turned around and headed back to the Morrison exit so Spooph could get his bearings (that's when I saw Luna racing off like a mad man). It was pretty funny but good for our n00bs in the group to practice good highway form and what to do if the group gets split up by a car. We circled around again and got back on track. After that it was smooth sailing and we had a great time.
    "With every broken bone, I swear I lived."

I dont know why everyone is stressed about this "Luna" Character. Sure it sucks for the group that got pulled over... but thats life. At least they got to learn about the potential consequences of riding without tags and how serious the Highway Nazis take it. Move on... He's obviously not deserving of the attention he's currently receiving.... Karma will catch up to that retard eventually.

Maybe the next noob ride we should walk around and do a plate check beforehand. It never would have crossed my mind.

BTW.... who was honory girl with the short blond/red hair and the awesome ass that was giving you and Sullly lip after the saftey meeting as we were breaking into groups?
    Ryan ~ 2007 Speed Triple.
    If danger came from the tap, I'd shower in that shit!

Senior Member Yearly Supporter Tylar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BC14 View Post
    Guess I should've walked the line of bikes before we all took off. That could've saved that group a ton of grief. Lesson learned, I will do that from now on during large rides.
    Perhaps we should have an ACSD who will go unnamed that can be n00b ride enforcer.

If we're lucky, he might even ride a tourer that we can put lights on.

Just sayin...
    -Tylar

2009: 2009 GSXR 600 *wifey's*
    2010: 2008 YZF-R1

Quote Originally Posted by Drunktank View Post
    I dont know why everyone is stressed about this "Luna" Character. Sure it sucks for the group that got pulled over... but thats life. At least they got to learn about the potential consequences of riding without tags and how serious the Highway Nazis take it. Move on... He's obviously not deserving of the attention he's currently receiving.... Karma will catch up to that retard eventually.

Maybe the next noob ride we should walk around and do a plate check beforehand. It never would have crossed my mind.

BTW.... who was honory girl with the short blond/red hair and the awesome ass that was giving you and Sullly lip after the saftey meeting as we were breaking into groups?

That was me
    I have no idea what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleev View Post
    That was me
    giggity!
    Ryan ~ 2007 Speed Triple.
    If danger came from the tap, I'd shower in that shit!

This is awesome, I get to add people to the list of dipshits to never ride with out actually having to experiance their stupidity first hand. Keep up the good work!

Dissconected from this world

Heres his number from a post he made in another thread about a meet and greet.

Seven 20 447-two five 97

link to thread
    http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forum...ad.php?t=38963

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

I hope that nobody (with the knowledge of his number) does anything with it, that equals the dipship level he showed.

Mob mentality can turn even the most reasonable people, into idiots. Keep it in mind and keep your frustration in check.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    I hope that nobody (with the knowledge of his number) does anything with it, that equals the dipship level he showed.

Mob mentality can turn even the most reasonable people, into idiots. Keep it in mind and keep your frustration in check.
    +1

The guy was a asshat, let's leave it at that.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

I'm hungry dude... I just want somebody to ride with me to G-Prix, to check out guns and grab a burger. =)
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Quote Originally Posted by Tylar View Post
    Perhaps we should have an ACSD who will go unnamed that can be n00b ride enforcer.

If we're lucky, he might even ride a tourer that we can put lights on.

Just sayin...
    That's a good idea. I wonder if I know someone like that.

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drunktank View Post
    This happened??
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Sol Performance - Pirelli Tires

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    This happened??
    Apparently she made a huge impact on you haha
    -Travis-

For future, may I suggest, if you sign up to lead or sweep, please be responsible enough to check the route beforehand and know where you are going so you don't have your n00bs running around in circles. Talk to the ride organizer and/or print a map (which Airreed and Jason ON distributed at the MoCo).
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Quote Originally Posted by spdu4ia View Post
    Apparently she made a huge impact on you haha

Apparently!
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Yikes! Between the leo action, the accident and the running from the cops, the noob ride produced some good drama! I'm just glad I wasn't involved with any of the drama.

To the dude without a license and who ran from the cops - get your registration and license straitened out and stop running from the cops. Us sportbikers have a bad enough reputation with the cops, and stuff like this just pisses them off more. The last thing we need is cops cracking down on us in the canyons because of incidents like this.