Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: To the asshat who ran from the cops today...

Re: To the asshat who ran from the cops today...

Sweet mother of people eager to snitch.
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Crunch View Post
    The last thing we need is cops cracking down on us in the canyons because of incidents like this.
    Not sure if you noticed, but the Sheriff that pulled out next to us on 285 was running everyone plates as he rolled past us.. I thought J was going to get busted because you couldn't see his plate... then I thought he was going to bust the Minivan
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Sol Performance - Pirelli Tires

FWIW, lunasgixxer is logged on right now. Hopefully learning a lesson about responsibility to the club.

1974-2011 - R.I.P.

Sully, I did see that. Intially I thought it was just me and was therefore planning on a speeding ticket. Now I know why! Glad all of us decided to do our own thing. It is becoming more and more obvious which rides, and which groups, to pass on.

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    For future, may I suggest, if you sign up to lead or sweep, please be responsible enough to check the route beforehand and know where you are going so you don't have your n00bs running around in circles. Talk to the ride organizer and/or print a map (which Airreed and Jason ON distributed at the MoCo).
    We had the map from Jason, but it didn't have distances on it so he thought he had missed the exit. Spooph got volunteered by me at the when we got to Moco to lead a ride so not really his fault.
    "With every broken bone, I swear I lived."

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Sorry to hear about it, sounds like a really dick move. Hope someone can pin this asshole down and turn him in. Unfortunately, this is why I always avoid the noob rides. I've seen wrecks happen right in front of me on my first ride here with a group with noobs in it, and am totally uninterested in getting taken out in someone else's wreck or caught up in their cop drama.

Glad nobody got hurt or anything.
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Quote Originally Posted by CaptGoodvibes View Post
    FWIW, lunasgixxer is logged on right now. Hopefully learning a lesson about responsibility to the club.
    I vote we ban the fuck. Who wants to second that?
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

I think we're all getting a bit upset without knowing both sides of the story. If Luna is currently logged in, if like to hear his side of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    I hope that nobody (with the knowledge of his number) does anything with it, that equals the dipship level he showed.

Mob mentality can turn even the most reasonable people, into idiots. Keep it in mind and keep your frustration in check.
    +1

For future, may I suggest, if you sign up to lead or sweep, please be responsible enough to check the route beforehand and know where you are going so you don't have your n00bs running around in circles. Talk to the ride organizer and/or print a map (which Airreed and Jason ON distributed at the MoCo).
    I will make sure to do this next time. I was unprepared, but it all turned out right educational in the end..

Quote Originally Posted by bornwildnfree View Post
    We had the map from Jason, but it didn't have distances on it so he thought he had missed the exit. Spooph got volunteered by me at the when we got to Moco to lead a ride so not really his fault.
    Well, I did kind of sign up... I really should be more prepared, but thanks for the defense!

So Luna screwed up bad by running from the cops. I think the issues about him not having a plate, and the unconfirmed statement he's on a suspended license is his decision. Had he stopped, he would have taken the heat and been responsible for his decisions and the rest of the group would have been fine. I believe in a free country, and if he wants to ride dirty, let him, BUT, I do support the sentiments about him running from the cops and jumping the heat to have it fall on the rest of the riders....

Now, there is something here that hasn't been said: This makes Vellos look bad and I would simply like to offer my testimony to Vellos' abilities. I have ridden with the guy a lot, and he is a much better group leader than I. He always knows where he's going, and on official, posted rides is very responsible. Please don't let other's actions influence his reputation.

That's my opinion. I guess if you have to, feel free to flame, but it seems reasonable to me.
    Respect and truth trump all!
    I don't get lost. I explore.

DIS-MEMBERED
    (Banned)

My bad my plate flew off Friday. Shit happens crying like a bunch of little 2nd grade girls damn Get over it grown ass men n women tryin to snitch. My group getsmy apology and the snitches get a fuck you

probably not the best way to show maturity ...

i'll keep my opinions intact for now thanks , OH almost forgot... enjoy riding by yourself
    Last edited by spdu4ia; Sun May 22nd, 2011 at 11:16 AM.
    -Travis-

Quote Originally Posted by lunasgixxer View Post
    My bad my plate flew off Friday. Shit happens crying like a bunch of little 2nd grade girls damn Get over it grown ass men n women tryin to snitch. My group getsmy apology and the snitches get a fuck you
    Oh yes!! this is getting better by the minute.
    popcorn2.gif
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Turned a minor traffic infraction of no display of number plates to eluding and wreckless. Awesome thought process.

- Benny B
    2011 Kawi ZX6R
    2008 Suzuki GSXR 1000- Sold
    2007 Honda CBR 600 RR- Sold

Not too bright are you?

OH snap!
    Respect and truth trump all!
    I don't get lost. I explore.

DIS-MEMBERED
    (Banned)

U know we could handle all this without words just saying. Ha get over it.

Then why would you run? It's a simple traffic violation that the officer could have checked on, assuming you had your current registration card. No hostility and no judging. I'm just curious.

walk away man, just not smart
    -Travis-

Not sure if you noticed, but the Sheriff that pulled out next to us on 285 was running everyone plates as he rolled past us.. I thought J was going to get busted because you couldn't see his plate... then I thought he was going to bust the Minivan
    I saw that too. I wondered what he was doing and I guess now we know.

DIS-MEMBERED
    (Banned)

Ridin dirty. Its on me I ran oh well like I said instead of being n internet soldier say shit to my face. Travis

Hence the necessity for SSS rides.

I never get why folks run from the cops. It's a personal choice, but one that I just can't connect with. It's a public Internet forum meeting up to ride through canyons at illegal speeds. Expect shenanigans, act accordingly.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

this deteriorated quicker than I thought

You clearly feel that you have something to prove, but could I ask you to please read this thats been a sticky here on the site for a while. I noticed you just joined here recently and everyone can take something from it, new rider or not. THE PACE
    Last edited by spdu4ia; Sun May 22nd, 2011 at 11:44 AM.
    -Travis-

And people let this genius ride with the group why?

And as to 'mob mentality', once you cause an issue for everyone else, it's no longer just about personal preferences or personal rights/freedoms etc., by joining the group you agree to abide by the group's rules and you implicitly agree not to allow your actions to ruin someone else's day.

As to the group snitching, if the person can't respect the group why should the group defend them?
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Ridin dirty. Its on me I ran oh well like I said instead of being n internet soldier say shit to my face. Travis
    I get what you're saying, but if it's just your plate falling off, the officer would've been able to check and probably would've let you go with a warning. Someone said your license was suspended?