Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jeep trails this weekend?

Re: Jeep trails this weekend?

No worries man we can wait for you. If not, we'll be taking HWY 67 down through Deckers and Westcreek then CO RD 68 over to 33. Remember we'll be on channel 6-30 for the walkies.
    Casey D

Resident Hater Site Admin Canuck's Avatar

Can't this weekend( stuck doing house work). I'll join you guys eventually, but I just bought the Landy and I'm really new to the 4x4 scene. Baby steps for me. Also, I don't want to beat the Hell out of a 54k truck until I get some more protection on it (2.5"lift; Rocker Rails; etc).
    RIP Gene. You are a good friend that will be missed. I'm Gene Bazyl Bitch!!

I don't know if you guys would care if I tagged along or not. I have a wrangler on 35's with a six inch lift. I also have a winch just in case someone needs it. I don't know where exactly Sedalia is but I'm sure I can work it out. Let me know.
    2005 CBR600RR-SOLD
    2009 CBR1000RR-NEW LOVE

Quote Originally Posted by konaman View Post
    I don't know if you guys would care if I tagged along or not. I have a wrangler on 35's with a six inch lift. I also have a winch just in case someone needs it. I don't know where exactly Sedalia is but I'm sure I can work it out. Let me know.
    Hey man sorry I didn't check this thread over the weekend. It was a good run so hopefully you can make it next time. Probably won't be out again til after the 4th but I'll keep everyone posted.

AJ what happened?
    Casey D

My fault I got up late and knew I wouldn't catch up. I went to a show downtown and I made the mistake of not driving. I didn't end up getting home until 2:30 and forget to set my alarm. I got up just before 9 and was going to head out but figured you guys already had an hour lead. Sorry if I made you guys wait and I hope you didn't wait long. Guess I will have to make it up next time. So how was it? Any pics?

No worries man next time for sure.

I don't have any pics as I managed to bring the camera but leave my SD cards at home. Mike got some good footage. It was a lot of fun with some pretty challenging sections. I'll link the video once he is done working on it
    Casey D

Looking to head out Next Wednesday (June 29th), what 4x4 routes are open west of Denver now? I assume snow is to high still!!!

That was one idea, my best friend wants to go out in the Jeep and he lives in Denver...but its an option he comes down here. Maybe do Mt Baldy if its still too much snow West of Denver. Maybe even Canon City area as that's not too far away. Any ideas????

Also looking to see if anyone would like to head out with us. I'm not lifted, but do have full skids, tow hooks up front, and hitch in the rear and the GC has QDII. I'm not looking to beat on the vehicle and tear it up...maybe checkout a ghost town, old mines...something like that.

I'd like to go but I have to work on Wednesdays. There is bunch of stuff up behind central city that isn't too bad. You can always check out traildamage.com and search by county. I usually go on there then search youtube to see if there's any footage and how bad it really is.

Quote Originally Posted by age315 View Post
    I'd like to go but I have to work on Wednesdays. There is bunch of stuff up behind central city that isn't too bad. You can always check out traildamage.com and search by county. I usually go on there then search youtube to see if there's any footage and how bad it really is.
    Oh yeah I already check traildamage, love that site. But it lacks in what is open for this year with the record snow falls in a lot of areas.

I'm leaning towards Mt Baldy I know that area without needing a map (Dual Sport it all the time).

If I am by myself I take it easy, turn around if it looked like it be iffy to get back out or getting stuck is a real option.