I've got about 300-600 miles on my Q2s (I can check my records at home, but I'm not there at the moment) and I absolutely hate them.

I know everyone loves them, I know they should be great tires, but I'm not enjoying them at all. Maybe mine were messed up in the factory, or in storage, or whatever else, but they and I do not get along.

I find them sluggish to warm up, I find them to be slippery in the "cold" of any 40-60 degree day, and I just don't find them to be "confidence inspiring" in the least. Maybe I just hate the dual-compound nature of the tire. I'm not sure what it is, really, but I almost preferred the OEM Qualifiers that came on my bike--at least they seemed more predictable--especially in the cold.

I usually run Michelins or Bridgestones, and I've run mostly DOT-race or the various "trackday" high-performance street compounds. While I prefer Michelins or Bridgestones, I'd run whatever suits the bike and my style best--so usually I'd ask the guys in the shop who were still racing what was the best pick of the moment.

But, since I'm not working at the dealership any more, I've lost touch with what's the "Best" tire on the market--and by that I mean the grippiest over a wide range of temperatures, with a quick warm-up and good adhesion at the limits with a predictable/smooth/controlled break-away when you go past the limits.

So, since I'm relatively out of the loop, and I don't trust the various magazine comparisons (since most of them voted for the Q2s), I'm looking for suggestions from people who ride moderately aggressively in the canyons as well as on the track. And who ride in the rain, possibly in the sleet, and of course, in the dry.

Bike: 2009 CBR 600RR
Riding Style/Tire Use: Spirited canyon rides, track days

Suggestions:
???

Thanks!