Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Favorite helmet you own or owned?

Re: Favorite helmet you own or owned?

I can personally attest that the Shoei X-12 helmet works. At least it did for me on Labor Day at HPR. I didn't have the helmet very long, but I definitely liked it and very thankful for the protection it provided for me just outside of Turn 7. Having tested it myself, I would definitely recommend this helmet in regards to fit, quality and protection . . .

www.onthemarcphotography.com

Quote Originally Posted by cptschlongenheimer View Post
    Seems to be a dislike of ICON anything around here.

I think I've got an Icon t-shirt...suits me well on those lazy sundays when I don't leave the house...

I really don't understand the importance placed on quiet helmets...

quiet = heavy, due to shells made out of crappy, thus thicker, materials, making the cheaper helmets heavy...but quiet

whether it is the front straight of Pueblo, or a long day ride to Durango, I'd much rather have a light helmet than a quiet one...I guess if all you do is ride around town, it doesn't matter much, otherwise, get some damn earplugs and save your neck

AGV GP-Tech

Fits me perfectly, light, cool looking. Best helmet I've ever had.

Shark RSX. Discontinued. This was by far the most comfortable helmet I've ever worn but I ended up wrecking in it. Pissed that Shark isn't doing the RSX line anymore.

Current lid, RF-1100:

Fits real well and has great ventilation, but still doesn't compare to my old RSX.
    -Greg
    2013 BMW R1200GS

I used to have an AGV rossi muggello rep and loved it. sadly it was too old when I got back into riding and so I picked up the new Icon Variant. I know there is a lack of love for the icon brand but I really like this helmet.

-Travis-

Quote Originally Posted by spdu4ia View Post
    I used to have an AGV rossi muggello rep and loved it. sadly it was too old when I got back into riding and so I picked up the new Icon Variant. I know there is a lack of love for the icon brand but I really like this helmet.
    I've tried this helmet on and liked it a lot. i thought it was very comfortable and seemed well built. My intent was as a dual sport helmet, but I can easily see it as a street helmet also. Just maybe not a track helmet.

As for Dual Sport helmets I have the Shoei Hornet and love it! Great helmet!

I am quite pleased with the Scorpion Exo500 after wearing a dirt helmet for a year+. I find Scorpion, HJC, and a few others fit my head way better than the higher end Suomy, Arai, etc.
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd

i agree the variant would not be the first choice for the track but for around town I like it alot. Even for short trips up 24 or on the hwy the buffeting isn't bad. The way the visor and airflow is made it actually makes it very stable.
    -Travis-

just recieved my reevu. Looks and feels great. It will be very useful. Now I just need to buy a motorcycle again lol.

http://www.kneedraggers.com/product/...et-Black-Gloss

I have a KBC Force RR and was happy with the way it has held up. -Would post pics but still figuring out how. The thing has approx 70K mi on it, in all types of stupid riding weather, and only now has started to deteriorate around the neck with foam and stuff starting to fall out. IT also has 1 season of 1500mi snowmobiling on it. I crashed recently with it and it held up great. Great helmet for the price. Extra shields are inexpensive as well. I wear ear plugs so cant really give a noise feedback. Its pretty damn leak proof too. Next helmet will be an Arai Russell Rep.
    www.chuckdavisrestorations.com

Go Crutchlow #35

Go Hayden #69

Go Stoner #27 "The Absolute Intercontinental Ballistic Missile of MotoGP!"

Go Sykes #66 2013 WSBK Champion. Go Green!

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider_9 View Post
    I can personally attest that the Shoei X-12 helmet works. At least it did for me on Labor Day at HPR. I didn't have the helmet very long, but I definitely liked it and very thankful for the protection it provided for me just outside of Turn 7. Having tested it myself, I would definitely recommend this helmet in regards to fit, quality and protection . . .
    I have ridden in Shoei since forever, I've had X-SP I and X-SP IIs, 2 X-11s (PMP ate one of them) and I recently got an X-12.

I originally ordered the same size as my X-11s, but it doesn't fit the same. I was so unhappy with the fit that while I purchased it for the track days this summer, I never actually rode in it and used my old (and much beloved) X-11 instead.

Shoei changed the number of shell sizes when they went from the X-11 to the X-12, and I'm now between a 'M' and a 'L'. I was always a 'M' in all my Shoei's (V-Moto and RF-series as well as the 'X' helmets). But, having ordered one first, the Medium is way too tight to even get on comfortably. I dicked around with changing the padding, but even with the cheek pads entirely removed the helmet was too small. But, unfortunately, the Large is slightly too loose (and I'm loathe to buy more pads again).

I really preferred the fit of my X-11, and it's to the point where I'm considering selling my X-12 and looking from something else. I've only ridden in it twice for less than 2hrs total (to the shop and back, twice) but it's not the fit I want. I wore Arai before switching to Shoei, and felt they were too expensive since you could easily get the equivalent quality in a Shoei but maybe it's time to look at them again...
    Last edited by Ghost; Sat Oct 22nd, 2011 at 12:20 PM.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

I've abandoned my exo 1000 for an rf 1100. Weights less and seems to drag less. I put a mirrored visor, vinyl and chatter box on it.

Hopefully the img will post first time linking from phone.

The vinyl looks better in person
    A good long ride can clear your mind, restore your faith and use up a lot of fuel.
    A good rider has balance, judgment, and good timing. So does a good lover.