Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ken F$&%ing Block

Senior Member Yearly Supporter Swift's Avatar

Ken F$&%ing Block

I got something I need to rant about. Please bare in mind this is rated R for language and extreme douchery:

Is anyone else getting sick and tired of seeing the little teeny boppers running around town in their beat to hell Subaru's with the fuckin monster energy stickers wearing the rally team shirts with his name and the monster logo covering every inch of fabric?

Earth to douche bag, you're not a pro rally driver because you have a subaru and some DC's on your feet. I swear this is the next generation of Ricer. Before Ken Block put his 1st Gymkhana video on youtube, almost no one knew what the hell Rally or Gymkhana was. Colin McRae had more talent in his friggin Pinky than this idiot does and it certainly shows when you see Block hasn't won a single rally so far this year.

I feel like getting a Citroen Racing shirt from the Total/Redbull Rally Team (who happens to have won every single rally so far this year) website and have "Fuck Ken Block" stiched on the back just so I can wear it to piss off these douche bags acting baller at car meets.

/rant.
    2003 BMW R1150R - For Sale - PM for details
    2007 BMW 328Xi Coupe - The Cage

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Re: Ken F$&%ing Block

I have no idea who the guy is, and I used to follow Rally fairly closely.
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

How does that post make you feel?
    aka Zane aka The Quiet One
    Silver & Black 2000 RSV Mille (Giada)
    ITALIAN RED 2002 VFR800 (Natasha) - sold

*** NO MATTER WHAT PEOPLE SAY, THERE IS SEX IN "THE PURPLE ROOM" ***

I feel better. I just don't get how the hell Ken Block is "Cool" or "Awesome" when he hasn't pulled off a single podium in a WRC event. I guess when you give him 10 thousand retakes on a Gymkhana staged video he really is a "Legend".

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLE_MONKEY View Post
    I have no idea who the guy is, and I used to follow Rally fairly closely.
    This douche bag
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFF2bkiHNVQ

As much as I enjoy watching Ken Block(dude's got some skills) as he's pure entertainment and nothing more, I'll have to agree with you. Colin McRae achieved much more in his time. I think the problem with Ken Block's stuff is it's basically today's Fast and Furious BS. I remember when Fast and Furious came out and the ricers were running around town in V Patterns(I saw this going down Academy one night) thinking they were Vin Diesel on their way to their next race to score some "CASH" or some foo's PINK slip HAHA

It's typical pack mentality. Ken Block is the new Vin Diesel for these kids. What kills me, is they race everything. Even when no one else at the light is racing, these guys are burning from stoplight to stoplight. Then they look around to see if everyone is watching them. They're basically "squids" just in cars that's all.

They put a fart cannon and a loud blow off on their car and instantly they are the next best thing since sliced bread. And you can see it in them too, they "ALL" think they are hot shit.

And they don't like Diesels either. When I pull up next to them, they either will do their "rev the motor" thing or crank the stereo. It's like nothing else can be louder than them.

Makes me laugh......
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

/\ Ding ding ding. Exactamundo.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    When I pull up next to them, they either will do their "rev the motor" thing or crank the stereo.
    None of them rev at me at a stop light. I love night riding in warm weather.
    George Mock | 2008 ZX6R | GoPro Hero | 3:551 5806

have you ever met ken block? hes one of the nicest, humblest drivers out there, really cool guy. not to mention hes done more for the sport in the US than anyone in history and that is a good thing. hes got amazing skills and yeah he hasnt won a podium, this is his first full season in wrc. thats like saying the guys that field the rest of motogp are douchebags and suck cause they havent won. hes the only american in the cream of the crop. he may never get to the podium but whats hes accomplished in his lifetime is more than you can hope to accomplish. why anyone hates on a nice guy doing what he loves is beyond me.

ive never met raikkonen or loeb but they are definitely the assholes of the sport. kimi cant play well with contracts or teams and loebs ego is just ridiculous. watch interviews with them and then watch block interviews where all he can say is how honored and excited he is to even be there among such great drivers and that he is nothing compared to them but will work his ass off to do his best.

comparing block and mcrae is ridiculous as well, gee lets compare one of the greatest of all time (even though he was only world champ once) to a rookie. while were at it, edwards is nothing compared to rossi. do you even follow rally? are you aware of how well colins first couple seasons went when he was dubbed colin mcCrash? how about troy aikemans first nfl seasons?

hate away on the highlands ranch fanboys and boulder suby d bags but what youre saying about block himself just shows your ignorance and lack of logical thought when making your rant. oh and they already have ken block sucks t shirts, guess who makes them...
    Last edited by sag; Sat May 28th, 2011 at 01:03 AM.

Swift was focusing his hate on the douchebags that praise Ken Block for his YouTube videos, not really against Block himself. He was simply pointing out that Block hasn't accomplished much in rally racing, yet the tools think he's the bees-knees. He only said Block was an idiot, and only wanted the t-shirt to piss off the fanboys. So I'm not quite seeing how your rant was logically formed.
    Last edited by Vellos; Sat May 28th, 2011 at 01:25 AM.
    George Mock | 2008 ZX6R | GoPro Hero | 3:551 5806

Quote Originally Posted by Vellos View Post
    Swift was focusing his hate on the douchebags that praise Ken Block for his YouTube videos, not really against Block himself. He was simply pointing out that Block hasn't accomplished much in rally racing, yet the tools think he's the bees-knees. He only said Block was an idiot, and only wanted the t-shirt to piss off the fanboys. So I'm not quite seeing how your rant was logically formed.
    Vellos:
    Professional internet translator
    Drama prevention division
    CSC

Really? By that reckoning the Repsol Honda rider is equally worthy of scorn?

It seems if you really want to hate, you could find something about anybody that would be worthy rather than stickers on their cars.

I get mad when I see short people
    "Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame" - Benjamin Franklin

SV650

Mirrors are my worst enema
    "Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame" - Benjamin Franklin

SV650

Quote Originally Posted by Vellos View Post
    None of them rev at me at a stop light. I love night riding in warm weather.
    Not all of them do it, just mainly the tools on Academy Blvd here in the Springs. Although Powers Blvd is starting to get pretty bad as well. It's worse on Powers because of it's high rate of speed. They treat it like a race track all night long.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Hahaha... This thread is kinda funny.

I have had the pleasure of spending a few nights at his snow house in Ogden Utah, and after having many conversations with the guy as well as snowboarding with him. I can say he is one if the friendliest and most humble dudes you'll ever meet. and shit, if I co-owned DC shoes and was on the board of directors of Quicksilver clothing, and had the money he did. I'd be doing the same damn thing!
    Remember Yesterday. Plan For Tomorrow. Live For Today.

Current Stable:

'o5 SuzukiGSX-1oooR
    (Custom Street Fighter).
    'o6 Pitster Pro 50cc Pit Bike (125cc Big Bore Kit).

They hate it when my wife stock 05 Nissan Altima beats them off the line....lol
    98 VFR 800 (Old faithful)
    06 Sprint ST 1050 (Sexual Chocolate)

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Not all of them do it, just mainly the tools on Academy Blvd here in the Springs. Although Powers Blvd is starting to get pretty bad as well. It's worse on Powers because of it's high rate of speed. They treat it like a race track all night long.
    i see that shit all the time on academy. its hillarious when they sit next to me in there rice burners and im in my wife's car....a vw passat wagon.
    and spank that little ass. mandy's car is quick as shit when that turbo kicks in. it would gain 3 car lengths ahead of my cobra till i shifted to third. that makes them kids stop quick. when there girlfriend is laughing when there car just got spanked by a old man in his wife's soccer mobile. LMAO!
    Rooster

spanking asses from civic's to beat up subaru's. 1 stop light at a time!
    Rooster

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    i see that shit all the time on academy. its hillarious when they sit next to me in there rice burners and im in my wife's car....a vw passat wagon.
    and spank that little ass. mandy's car is quick as shit when that turbo kicks in. it would gain 3 car lengths ahead of my cobra till i shifted to third. that makes them kids stop quick. when there girlfriend is laughing when there car just got spanked by a old man in his wife's soccer mobile. LMAO!
    Oh I hear that, it's funny to see their expression when something they don't think is fast flat owns them. Once in a great while I'll let the Cummins have some fun. You should see look on their faces when a 9500lb truck leaves em quick. Not to mention the cloud of diesel they get to enjoy while they're back there. When I had the truck programmed it would flat get up and go in a hurry but since I've got DPF deletes on it now, not sure how my programmer would react as it's designed to work with a truck that has it's DPF intact. So she's been on "factory" setting since. Though I still picked up some good power with just doing "deletes".

But yeah, when a "civic guy" gets it handed to him by something that's 4 times what his car weighs and can fit his car in the bed, he feels pretty bad. Especially when his car has girls in it.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; Sat May 28th, 2011 at 09:27 AM.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

mehh... If you had the opportunity to get paid extremely well to race around and have fun like Block does, you'd be on it in an instant. I know I would.

As for the kids, who cares. I find them funny when they tear off from a light and I can blow past them without getting anywhere near the red line on my bike. They're doing their thing, good on them. When I was in high school, it was all about American Muscle. We raced everywhere. I had glass packs on my mustang that put today's fart cans to shame.

I've met plenty of douche bags on two wheels who think that just because they own a sport bike they're Rossi.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post

mehh... If you had the opportunity to get paid extremely well to race around and have fun like Block does, you'd be on it in an instant. I know I would.

As for the kids, who cares. I find them funny when they tear off from a light and I can blow past them without getting anywhere near the red line on my bike. They're doing their thing, good on them. When I was in high school, it was all about American Muscle. We raced everywhere. I had glass packs on my mustang that put today's fart cans to shame.

I've met plenty of douche bags on two wheels who think that just because they own a sport bike they're Rossi.
    Attachment 17698
    Attachment 17699

^^^^
    Dude what are you talking about?? I was Rossi LOL!!
    Last edited by The Black Knight; Sat May 28th, 2011 at 09:34 AM.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

What a flippin cool video! I'm going to go buy a Subaru and a monster energy T-shirt.
    Hold on to your butts.

07 GSXR-600

Looks like 2006 he took the bronze *shrug* not bad for a dude that does this for a hobby. 2007 he took 2nd and won a silver...again not bad. 2008 took first in a Canadian rally event...hmm not bad at all. Then he took first in a New York rally, and then tied for third in another rally...looks like the dudes been on podiums to me. So not bad for some that does this for FUN.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Block

It sounded to me the OP hates Ken block and the Ken Block wannabes. Like others have said, I'm not sure why you would hate Ken Block do to stupid kids thinking they can drive like him.

As for wearing T-shirts and hats and shit, we could say that about people that wear branded motorcycle gear or other clothing. I myself hate clothing with huge brand logos, do I need a big Nike symbol and huge words that say "Just Do It"...do I need ICON in huge letters across a riding jacket!!! I tend to stay away from all that branding if I can. Heck I pulled off the 'Perkins' dealer sticker on my Jeep the other day...I hate that shit.

You must either hang out later then I do, or hit different parts of Academy then I have ever. I hardly see ricers. Of course they are always funny when I do see them, POS car with a huge exhaust tip that does not FIT the vehicle but yet otherwise stock. I've seen more then enough ricers. I will have to admit I never have seen the Ken Block dressed wannabes...again must be a different part of town???