Thread: leather repair shops in the springs

leather repair shops in the springs

I need a cuff zipper replaced on my suit. Anyone know of/or used any alteration stores who can work on thick leather?

Re: leather repair shops in the springs

There's someone who does upholstery off Powers/Constitution. A buddy of ours had to get his seat shaved. She may be able to help you out. Sarah (Aerofaze) referred us to her. PM her and she could probably give you all the info.

Found the info...

Quote Originally Posted by aerofaze View Post
    Sorry it has been nearly 2 weeks for an answer, but try Patsy Farmer (719-574-5389) near Constitution and Powers in C/S. She does leather upholstery and repair for bikes and gear.

I personally have not had any work done by her, but I've met her and she's really nice. Some other CSC person had mentioned her awhile back in this THREAD.

I'm sure you're talking about Toshi, shes on the east side of my building. Not sure what her physical address is, but mine is 5743 Constitution Ave 80915 and she is right around the corner. Inexpensive too!!

Patsy's the only person I spoke with in the Springs (Constitution & Powers), and yes, she does leather work, mainly for upholstery, but she can work on your suit.

Here's another person you could hit up, but he's in the Denver area. I e-mailed him a couple times and it sounds like he can work stuff for you, too.
    Fernan at 909-631-0729, or email fkclothing@yahoo.com
    (found him at this thread: http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=37506&highlight=leather+repair)
    '09 Duc Monster 696
    '00 Suz SV650 (Dad's, garaged with mine)
    I like mountains because they make me feel small.

Hey all thanks for the response. I was refered to Rustic Hills Shoe repair by Myrna's alterations. I know I was like SHOE repair? Until if you think about it, shoes have thick leather also. So I went over there and it was just a very old asian man working. I showed him my suit and zipper and he said leave it here and come back next week. $14 dollars. I'm no seamstress but I do know zippers can cost that much alone.

It looks like he has all of the heavy duty sewing machines for leather. I also saw some leather dye (wondering if he will do some custom leather work). I haven't even got my suit back to chech the quality of his work but I'm sure to use him again.

Patsy has done repair work for me and several friends. No complaints from any of us.

Do you really want to buy a custom motorcycle suit from a shoe guy? You may end up with a great suit. Go with Z or Syed and you know you'll end up with a great sui.

http://www.zcustom.com

http://www.syedleathers.com

That old Asian guy at Rustic Hills Shoe Repair, 3919 Palmer Park Blvd., modified my Alpinestars riding gloves 3 years ago. Since that time these gloves have protected me in 2 crashes and the sewing work he did is still holding well.

Good to know about the Rustic Hills place. I've been there for my shoes, same old Asian guy working there, but didn't realize he did leather suits. Thanks for the cheap tip!
    '09 Duc Monster 696
    '00 Suz SV650 (Dad's, garaged with mine)
    I like mountains because they make me feel small.