Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One on One

Wink One on One

Looking for some help on Canyon Carving stuff. I apparently need some work on my lines and a few other pointers. Looking at Sunday June 5th whatever time works best for whoever wants to help! I can get some good edumacation going I know Sundays are rare but that's the only time I'm available right now. I am going to California on the 11thfor a few weeks.
    Last edited by DemonRider; Mon May 30th, 2011 at 04:08 PM.
    €~~~ Ramon Uribe ~~~€. 2011 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R (Current 2019)

-"CSC Community" Trailer - Is Available As Of (Stolen!!!!!!!) FML - @ My Home
    720-475-6984

Last edited by DemonRider; Sun May 29th, 2011 at 11:55 AM.

720-475-6984

Re: One on One

You watched Twist of the Wrist II right?
    George Mock | 2008 ZX6R | GoPro Hero | 3:551 5806

Some of it off and on, watching it as we speak since I'm home! But read the book once or twice
    Last edited by DemonRider; Sun May 29th, 2011 at 12:16 PM.

720-475-6984

Watching it makes me want to go out!

720-475-6984

Depending on a few things, like:

- if I get my bike back together
    - if I don't go on a long ass ride
    - if we can find a road with little traffic on a sunday

...I'd love to help you out...

I don't think we have ridden together at all, and I am by no means the fastest person out there, but I'm not the slowest either

and TOTW is a good watch/read

Quote Originally Posted by OUTLAWD View Post
    and TOTW is a good watch/read
    It was pretty corny, but there were some damn good techniques in the video, even for those that don't race. I'd be willing to help you out(I have a Go-Pro), but it'd have to be on a Saturday when I'm not busy. I'm usually out on the bike every weekend though. During the week would be ideal, like a Thursday, but not really feasible for those that work normal shifts.
    '16 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
    '12 Kawasaki Concours14 -
    Sold
    '08 Kawasaki Concours14 -
    Sold
    '05 Suzuki SV1000S - Sold
    '07 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 - Sold

COME TO THE NORTHSIDE.....WE HAVE TWISTIES!!!
    LOL....i may be willing to assist!!!
    mayo....

Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
    Only I will remain."

.........a crotch rocket going 85 to 90 down the highway looking like a power ranger on a mission...

Watched and read TOTW got a better idea on the whole thing and think i can put it to use. but more is better I work Wednesdays thru Saturdays 0630-1730 hrs so Sundays thru Tuesdays is all I have right now and knowing most work Monday thru Friday I figured Sunday is probably best. I will probably watch it a few more times before i go out, as long as there is time... daemon / OUTLAWD / Vellos let me know, Ill meet where ever, and Thanks PM me and maybe we can work something out.

I think Ill hit the track with someone at some point after I get back from Vacation
    Last edited by DemonRider; Sun May 29th, 2011 at 10:08 PM.

720-475-6984

IMI is good for most things, but its a bit small for me to practice reference points, which is one of the most important things, especially with canyon riding

Going up and down 7 repeatedly is good, break for lunch and then keep at it. Best on a weekday though. Just don't go flying down the straights or past the rock-climbers they might complain.
    George Mock | 2008 ZX6R | GoPro Hero | 3:551 5806

my schedule is somewhat flexible, I would say meeting in Lyons would be good, and during the week to minimize traffic

36 and 7 are good roads to learn on, because of the lack of surprises and tricky turns, and while it is nice to become familiar with roads, I do not suggest you memorize them, because the moment you take them for granted is the moment it will bite you in the ass.

I honestly ride every canyon like it is the first time I have seen it. It may mean I am slower than some, but I am OK with that. Of all the people I have something to prove to...note one of them is on a sportbike.

I would like to join you gys if I can. I'm trying to get this whole line thing down and its just not clicking yet. I know my problem is turning in to early, leading to corrections in the turn or longer leaned over.
    "Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame" - Benjamin Franklin

SV650

If I do this, it will be on a truly one on one basis...I am not a certified instructor, or even a seasoned vet for that matter, and there are courses that cost a pretty penny that cover these sort of things...so you are getting what you pay for...but I can def pass on the things that helped me get up to speed with canyon riding.

as far as turning in too early, what do you think is causing it? Generally speaking you go where you look, so where are you looking?

Keeping your eyes in the "right" places will help you be smooth through a corner. Code covers this in TOTW to a certain extent, maybe a bit more track biased, but the same holds true for street riding.

I was keeping an eye on you in my mirror on Friday, and I'm not trying to be a dick, but you definately looked a bit shakey. I meant to talk to you at lunch but got side tracked.

Account Deactivated at users request Yearly Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by DemonRider View Post

I think Ill hit the track with someone at some point after I get back from Vacation
    Hey Demon,

One thing to note - your lines on the track will be different from your lines on the street. On the street you're trying to maximize your line of sight and stay a safe distance from oncoming traffic, especially in blind corners. Outlawd is a very good and experienced rider. You'd do well to ride with him and take note of his style. Just don't let him eat any chili cheese dogs first if you're going to follow him.
    Last edited by GuitarX; Mon May 30th, 2011 at 06:44 PM. Reason: I can't spel

Quote Originally Posted by OUTLAWD View Post
    I was keeping an eye on you in my mirror on Friday, and I'm not trying to be a dick, but you definately looked a bit shakey. I meant to talk to you at lunch but got side tracked.
    Yeah i can feel the bike move quite a bit. I've been practicing using my legs more and hopefully that will improve smoother weight shifts. I just picked up Codes road racing book and going to read through that.
    "Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame" - Benjamin Franklin

SV650

There is much to gain from these responses...
    1...no road will be the same(unless you research it) for the hard run!
    2. in no way can you expect all variables(cagers) to react the same at all times.
    3. on any given day you will be faced with many of the same (or different) variables in how your ride will progress!
    #3 part 2...be prepared to work for your safety.
    4...do all you can to make sure not everyone thinks you are motorcycling ASS....
    We have a reputation to uphold!!!
    I will be the dirty side of that!!! LOL
    mayo....

Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
    Only I will remain."

.........a crotch rocket going 85 to 90 down the highway looking like a power ranger on a mission...

Thanks everyone, noted on track lines and street lines. I have Spiderman taking the bike out for a ride to see if there is anything bike related that might hender my learning, hopefully all is good, then I will take her out for some practice after watching and reading Keith Code stuff and see what I have learned from there! I'll kinda want some real world "Guidance" from someone! Thanks for the time and effort people,, OUTLAWD; hopefully the bike comes along and fixed!

720-475-6984

Looks like I'll be trying to get a hold of Dave, thanks Bob for your time!

720-475-6984

dude...will you just call me....plz...I'm not an expert like some of these guys...but you'll have fun and learn from MY mistakes! Went on a 9 hour ride today with stops in Estes and Lyons. Had a blast...kinda wisht a few more bikers(like yourself)were there. Peace.
    Last edited by thankgod; Mon May 30th, 2011 at 07:47 PM. Reason: i r a dumb
    "When you on the track, you have to be enjoying the moment, you have to be flowing, "Be water, My Friend". You try to be the fastest, and it seems a little beet estupid, 20 riders making the same way, lap by lap, but this simple thing: is very complicated." #99

Account Deactivated at users request Yearly Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by DemonRider View Post
    Thanks everyone, noted on track lines and street lines. I have Spiderman taking the bike out for a ride to see if there is anything bike related that might hender my learning, hopefully all is good, then I will take her out for some practice after watching and reading Keith Code stuff and see what I have learned from there! I'll kinda want some real world "Guidance" from someone! Thanks for the time and effort people,, OUTLAWD; hopefully the bike comes along and fixed!
    Just remember...practice, practice, practice. If you find a difficult section that gives you problems do it over and over. Start slow and increase your speed as your comfort level grows. Getting in over your head comes from trying to go too fast right from the get-go. Be patient brother, and the rewards shall be numerous like the children upon the earth (Book of Gary 3:16).

Ride these roads by yourself, with friends, with people who are better riders, etc. But remember, ALWAYS ride your own ride. Don't try to keep up with another rider if it's going to get you in over your head. EGO = PAIN (Book of Gary 5:27)

I repeat - ALWAYS ride your own ride. I enjoy riding with people who are faster than I but I try very hard not to let their pace outstrip my comfort level. The good thing about riding with faster riders is that it keeps your ego in check, and keeps you humble. The second you think you're a badass, that's when you eff up. Now go out there and have fun, you young whippersnapper!

Soon; been busy getting ready for Vacation trip to see family in California, time is precious till I get back.

Quote Originally Posted by thankgod View Post
    dude...will you just call me....plz...I'm not an expert like some of these guys...but you'll have fun and learn from MY mistakes! Went on a 9 hour ride today with stops in Estes and Lyons. Had a blast...kinda wisht a few more bikers(like yourself)were there. Peace.

720-475-6984

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarX View Post
    You'd do well to ride with him and take note of his style.

who you kidding!?!?!

I ain't got no style

and the bike should be up and running by the time you get back from vaca, and the sprained ankle isn't too bad as long as I pop my pills