Thread: MRA grid size this weekend

MRA grid size this weekend

Unfortunately I didn't make it out saturday(which I heard was a massive cluster of a day), but today there didn't seem to be too many bikes out there. Was there more yesterday? Are they struggling for racers?

Re: MRA grid size this weekend

Yesterday wasn't a cluster, mother nature delayed things a bit and Endurance was shortened, we raced in a light rain, but the delay and re arrangement of the schedule gave the Super Street riders a dry track.

I only raced yesterday, but that is what I can afford at this point.
    Last edited by Bueller; Sun Jun 12th, 2011 at 08:17 PM.

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

Kinda bummed I missed the rain race (bike is in pieces), it's a lot of fun to race in. Hopefully I get to use these rain tires at some point this season...
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

I didn't think the day was too bad up until the rain came during the OSS race. We had a delay of about an hour then did the LW/MW endurance and it was shortened wet race.
    I didn't have rain tires (like most) and was sliding all over the place. Have no love for wet racing

// MRA #888 //
    Current Bikes: 2007 Triumph 675 (race) : 2009 Ducati 1198 : 2004 Yamaha YZ250F : 2011 Ducati 796 Monster (wifes)

I thought Saturday was a really good day despite the wind and rain in the afternoon.

There were a ton of novices in practice on Saturday. Perhaps too many for the combined practices.... but that's a whole other thread.

The races on Saturday seemed well attended, I think, but there were a number of crashes that resulted in a red flag. In light of safety and liability concerns, they are red flagging any race where the ambulance 'rolls'. Sometimes that means the ambulance moved 15 feet off track and they had to stop the race for a bit. Afternoon races were quite a bit delayed and the rain / lightning did not help things.

From my vantage point, which was as far west as you can get, the pits seemed FULL on Saturday. Lots of riders, a good collection of fans, and a group of Superstreet riders.
    MRA #88
    Keeping it midpack since 2010!

We left the races right before the rain got there. Wound up driving through it on the way to Byers. You guys must have gotten nailed! It seemed pretty bad.

The only really big grid we saw was...umm, I think NOVU or NOVO. Not sure, it was about 3:30 pm on Saturday. Two waves at the starting grid. And I think on the last lap, two riders went down in t.8. Hope they are okay!

The LW/MW endurance grid was 18 rows deep, 3 wave start. It was my first entry of the year so I was at the very back and couldn't even see the light tree, I just had to go when the other guys did.

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    The LW/MW endurance grid was 18 rows deep, 3 wave start. It was my first entry of the year so I was at the very back and couldn't even see the light tree, I just had to go when the other guys did.
    Yep, that happened to me a couple of years ago in the HWEnd race.

I was putting on a bit of a show coming out of turn 6 in Formula 40 on Saturday. I'm way over geared so I was bogging down in second and people were pulling away from me. I got so frustrated that I started dropping into first and going full throttle, pulling some nice wheelies. But down there, none of the spectators could see them.
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

^^ Haha, I was taking pics in 5, had I known I'd have pointed the lens your way!

It's nice to see full grids for the health of the MRA. Man after the rain delay and crash delays it made for a looooong day.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    PPIR was about that full as well. I'm curious to see how Pueblo does for numbers, it's historically low but they apparently made some improvements to the track surface, so that may draw out more folks.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...