Thread: Picked a bad time to buy some alpinestars leathers

Picked a bad time to buy some alpinestars leathers

Well decided to upgrade my gear / sell off my old gear, i bought each component i wanted off of ebay and thought i was good to go.

Turns out i accidentally bought the wrong pants, no big deal they will exchange for the correct ones except they are out of the size i need. Shit.

Bought the jacket i wanted, turns out that company is out of stock on those and didnt pull their listing, doh!

Got my helmet and its 100% good to go but now im not sure what to do as i hate waiting lol

I sold my old jacket and the bike should be up and running again monday or tuesday, no local shops in the area have any of the gear i need in my size / color and apparently alpinestars themselves are having issues getting leathers out to their distributors.

Double shit.

On the bright side i have lost enough weight to fit into size 30 alpinestars pants that actually fit me correctly so i can now finally get out to HPR.

/end useless rant

Re: Picked a bad time to buy some alpinestars leathers

Lol, yeah I wanted a particular A* suit. The suit is not showing up anywhere in the US. Also having issues with my Supertech-R boot order due to availability.

Glad I got all my stuff ordered back in Feb.

What suit you tryin to get?
    '12 BMW S 1000 RR
    '11 Suzuki V-Strom DL-650 *SOLD*
    '07 Aprilia RSV R Factory *SOLD*

I wanted the KTM branded Tech 1-R. Didn't even show them available for order in Europe. I settled for a White Tech 1-R. Just waiting on the boots now.

Nice, I picked up the GP Pro 2 piece and I love it. I just got the SMX Plus boots but they're more than enough.
    '12 BMW S 1000 RR
    '11 Suzuki V-Strom DL-650 *SOLD*
    '07 Aprilia RSV R Factory *SOLD*

I had the SMX boots, they were solid. Crashed in them too, held up great!

Quote Originally Posted by Survivalism View Post
    Bought the jacket i wanted, turns out that company is out of stock on those and didnt pull their listing, doh!
    Glad I am not the only one that has been screwed like that! Sucks when you order something on Ebay, wait a few days thinking the shipper just didnt enter the shipping details all to find out that "they are out of stock".

I have lost most of my faith in Ebay. It seems like the only thing on there these days are new items, and most of the good used stuff gets bid up so high it blows my mind. Plus I fear that there are a lot of knock off products being shipping in from China, Taiwan, etc while the seller claims to be in the states and that they are selling legitimate items. Check out this post I found on fake Alpinestars gloves, pretty crazy and I did see a pair of these knock off gloves sell on ebay.

http://www.netrider.net.au/forums/sh...d.php?t=111609

Yeah i really wish i would have just ordered through newenough / motorcyclesuperstore or whatever, hope to god i get an email about the pants and jacket tomorrow morning so i dont waste another day as my fuel pump will be here tomorrow!

So got my pants ordered and squared away, just trying to decide what to do on my jacket, im looking for opinions.

Id like a year round jacket preferably, it also needs to be suitable as a track jacket for HPR.

Looking at the black / red indy but i dont think it would work at all for the cooler months here, the Sp-1 looks perfect but im not a big fan of how the solid red looks on the web, does anyone here have one?

I also really need to make sure i have the right sizing, no local shops have any of the size 40/50 that id like to try on in stock, i know a size 42 fits pretty good but i may be able to fit a 40.

Anyone have any opinions / willing to let me try on their jacket?

I still would recommend a leather jacket. IDK what you're going for, but a well perforated jacket with an air scoop on the back will keep you cool while moving.

Always get leather. My a-stars jacket has shoulder vent scoops and perferation in the arms. It kept cool even in 90+ degree weather.

But that is a summer jacket. I also have an Icon jacket that is a good year-round leather jacket. Comfortable (with the liner) down to around 40 degrees.

well if you need a leather jacket so you can ride I'm selling one for $80 (shameless plug). Not alpinestars though

I got my alpinestars jacket on Revzilla and they were out of a lot of sizes as well. Must be a manufacture thing.
    Last edited by spdu4ia; Fri Jul 8th, 2011 at 04:29 AM.
    -Travis-

Yeah, my Supertechs still aren't here yet. lol

Also, anything Made In Italy during this time of year seems to take forever to come in!!! Apparently they all shut down production to take a month off and tool around.

Back when I was still in the midst of ordering my gear, my dealership actually called me in June 2009 to let me know that if I needed anything in upcoming weeks ahead, ORDER IT IMMEDIATELY before the Ducati or Dainese employees go on their summer break...

Can be frustrating, but I admire their attitude on work-life balance.
    '09 Duc Monster 696
    '00 Suz SV650 (Dad's, garaged with mine)
    I like mountains because they make me feel small.

Yeah, but seeing as it's A*, I don't think the Chinese factory workers have a work-life cycle. I think it has more or less to do with the economy.

I didn't realize that some of the stuff was made in China... and apparently Vietnam, too (after doing a Google search).

I know I've seen a couple A-stars items with a European label, but I guess they're, uh, 'diversifying' towards cheaper labor like everyone else. Thanks for the notice.
    '09 Duc Monster 696
    '00 Suz SV650 (Dad's, garaged with mine)
    I like mountains because they make me feel small.

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

I was going to order some new pants from Rider's Discount, but they won't have them in stock until the 11th of this month or the all black. They are on a wait till August for the white/black.
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

I ended up finding the alpinestars pants i really wanted and settled on a nice jacket, everything worked out well for me except the new helmet i bought arrived damaged, of coarse it is taking forever to get a replacement ( comes in wed, dyno tune on thursday lol )

Quote Originally Posted by Survivalism View Post
    I ended up finding the alpinestars pants i really wanted and settled on a nice jacket, everything worked out well for me except the new helmet i bought arrived damaged, of coarse it is taking forever to get a replacement ( comes in wed, dyno tune on thursday lol )
    That's awesome man, glad to hear you're getting ready to ride! It's been a long winter, huh? Once you break in the leathers, they'll feel like second skin!
    Doc, riding IS my physical therapy.