Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HPR July 4th

Re: HPR July 4th

Quote Originally Posted by Reyven View Post
    We only have room for 2

Looking at just the morning session at this point. Maybe a full day, but undecided.
    No worries.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

It looks like there are a few interested in 1/2 day and a few interested in full. Can I hear from both sides to try and get a better count and see which card may benefit us all the best?

I am thinking of getting a car port for shade for the day (no power), it is $25 for the whole day and can easily fit 3 bikes so if anyone wants a spot LMK. I will only be there for the morning session so $8.50 ea. if you do 1/2 day or full. The shade is definitely worth it not to have to mess with an Ez Up.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyven View Post
    It looks like there are a few interested in 1/2 day and a few interested in full. Can I hear from both sides to try and get a better count and see which card may benefit us all the best?
    I can't know until I get my ride situation sorted, so I'd say don't count on me until then.

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    I am thinking of getting a car port for shade for the day (no power), it is $25 for the whole day and can easily fit 3 bikes so if anyone wants a spot LMK. I will only be there for the morning session so $8.50 ea. if you do 1/2 day or full. The shade is definitely worth it not to have to mess with an Ez Up.
    And they don't blow away in HPR's gale force winds...plus it's super close to the track entrance/exit for the lazy...
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

mehbeh...but you'll have to listen to my gennie

You don't need tire warmers for a track day

I wanted the pwr last time mostly for the toyhauler, we can stick the gennies in front of the tow vehicles

Sweet. Glad some peeps are going. Ill totally buy in on a lap card slot. Ill be going for a half day morning session for sure.

I don't suppose anyone has leathers and boots for a guy that is a little over 5 foot? Maybe a size 8.5 or 9 shoe? I have a friend that is interested in coming, but has nothing.
    Hold on to your butts.

07 GSXR-600

What are the chances of getting 4 under there?

It is possible but kind of tight. If it is just bikes it is easily doable but tools and other accouterments would make it crowded.

It is possible but kind of tight. If it is just bikes it is easily doable but tools and other accouterments would make it crowded.
    Ok, let me know if you think thats an option. The pair of us have shared tools and whatnots, and would mostly be kept in the car until needed.

No update on my potential ride, so...we'll see...
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Get that guy to go and give you some space on his trailer!
    Hold on to your butts.

07 GSXR-600

Quote Originally Posted by Valguard View Post
    Get that guy to go and give you some space on his trailer!
    Lol, trying...
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

I would get a bigger trailer for the Subi, but its going to have enough fun with two. If my guy bails though, Ill let ya know.
    Hold on to your butts.

07 GSXR-600

Quote Originally Posted by Valguard View Post
    I would get a bigger trailer for the Subi, but its going to have enough fun with two. If my guy bails though, Ill let ya know.
    Sweet/Cool/Thanks!
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Looks like I will (probably) be at PMP the 8th...but (probably) no ride for the 4th...

Will update if this changes...
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Ghost do you need a hand or some parts? I usually have useful things lying around .

EDIT: And I do in fact, I owned a 2008 600RR before the 1000RR. So I have parts and tools...

Ok, 1 spot left in a car port to share with 3 others, we will have power turned on so no need for a gennie to run warmers. I am only doing half day so after lunch it'll get roomier

The cost is $15

No douches! We've got enough already

Quote Originally Posted by TransNone13 View Post
    Ghost do you need a hand or some parts? I usually have useful things lying around .

EDIT: And I do in fact, I owned a 2008 600RR before the 1000RR. So I have parts and tools...
    Unless something changes/opens up then it's looking like I won't be able to get out there for the 4th (unless I ride it out, which I'm not comfortable doing in case there's an "oops" and I break Rule #1), but thanks for the offer

As to parts and tools...I've got steel braided lines I need to put on, and I need to get a new pin for my front Pit Bull (since it's still sized for the F4) but otherwise...I dunno, I can't think of anything off hand or at the moment...

Thanks again though!
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Well, I've done lines on my 1KRR (have bleeding tools) before and I have a truck and trailer. You pay for gas and I'll drive you. I haven't anything better to do.

Well, I've done lines on my 1KRR (have bleeding tools) before and I have a truck and trailer. You pay for gas and I'll drive you. I haven't anything better to do.
    Hmm, that is very tempting, but you're not riding? And you're still willing to go sit in 900-degree heat and fry all day?

Let me give my friend one last shot, but if he's definitely out then I may very well take you up on your most generous offer--I should know by tonight or at the latest, by tomorrow. I'll see if I can borrow his EZ-Up too.

I've got the lines and fluid sitting in my garage, but while I'd like to mount them, they're not a necessity if there's no time between now & then...

Either way, Thanks (a lot) for the offer!
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Well, I just got back from Afghanistan so the heat doesn't bother me quite yet. And I wouldn't mind watching and reminding myself why it sucks to crash European bikes. We could do your lines tomorrow. That's my fix-my-cbr marathon. Why not add another?

Well, I just got back from Afghanistan so the heat doesn't bother me quite yet. And I wouldn't mind watching and reminding myself why it sucks to crash European bikes.
    Lol, it sucks to crash ANY bike...but I can only assume it sucks more the more exotic they are. Luckily for me, all of mine have only been Hondas

Cool about the lines, I may take you up on that as well, I've got a B-day thing to go to, but I can probably work around it...

If you want to, you can PM me your addy, or we can could use my garage, whichever is easier...and I'll also find out when I'm supposed to be at the birthday thing and see about working around it...
    Last edited by Ghost; Sat Jul 2nd, 2011 at 05:53 PM.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Giving this serious thought. Will lock it in tomorrow if it its still open.

Ok, 1 spot left in a car port to share with 3 others, we will have power turned on so no need for a gennie to run warmers. I am only doing half day so after lunch it'll get roomier

The cost is $15

No douches! We've got enough already
    Owner and General Manager - Fun Center Cycles in Durango, CO

11 BMW S1000RR - Street - Lady on the street
    13 Kawi ZX6R - Track - Freak in the bed
    13 Triumph Daytona 675R - Wifes bike

2014 MRA 400 Production Class Champion