Thread: Any Word on 2012 Moto1 Grid?

Any Word on 2012 Moto1 Grid?

I remember reading somewhere that the accepted Moto1 Class Applications would be announced after the Catalunya Grand Prix. Well, that race has come and gone with nary a word from Dorna or the FIM... at least not what I could find from my Google searches.

At the Catalunya Grand Prix Dorna and IRTA will decide which teams will then be offered a contract of participation for 2012. Teams applying to participate in the CRT category will also need to have their application approved by the Grand Prix Commission members. Following the Catalunya Grand Prix a list of accepted teams will be published.
    Has anyone seen/heard of the official team list being released? I have some serious ants in my pants here!!

Re: Any Word on 2012 Moto1 Grid?

Ah-ha!

So there will likely be a lack of numbers once again at Silverstone, where Dorna will attempt to counteract the problem with the announcement (delayed from this Sunday due to a disagreement over the exact criteria for the engine purchase regulation) of the entrants for the new Claiming Rules Teams initiative.

From: http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/060620...ds-riders.html

Re: Any Word on 2012 Moto1 Grid?

BOOM!

Dorna and IRTA have released the list of six teams who will be offered a contract for the 2012 MotoGP World Championship - and all six are currently participating in other classes of the World Championship.

The list is as follows:

By Queroseno Racing (BQR) Team - this team won the British GP in 2008 with Scott Redding. The team has been in GP racing since 1994.

Speedmaster - this team currently fields Andrea Iannone in Moto2.

NGM Forward Racing - this team currently fields Jules Cluzel and Alex Baldolini in Moto2.

Viessmann Kiefer Racing - this team currently fields Moto2 World Championship leader Stefan Bradl.

Marc VDS Racing - this team currently fields Mika Kallio and Scott Redding in Moto2.

Team Paddock GP Racing - this team currently fields Thomas Luthi in Moto2.

So far only the Marc VDS Racing team has done any testing, with the team opting to use a BMW S1000R powerplant in a Suter Racing chassis.

http://www.cyclenews.com/articles/ro...eams-released/