Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who works at subaru? Looking to get one

Who works at subaru? Looking to get one

Looking for a new subaru and a good deal to go with it

if we can make numbers work on a Legacy I'm ready to roll today
    Last edited by tecknojoe; Thu Jun 16th, 2011 at 07:50 PM.

Re: Who works at subaru? Looking to get one

same...looking at the outback....
    Nathaniel
    13 DRZ400SM (mine) -- 08 CBR 600RR (wife's) -- 06 GSX-R 600 (sold)
    I don't always test my code, but when I do, I do it in production.

jenny

Hit up Jenny at Go Subaru off of Arapahoe.

Bought my STi from here a few years back.
    Remember Yesterday. Plan For Tomorrow. Live For Today.

Current Stable:

'o5 SuzukiGSX-1oooR
    (Custom Street Fighter).
    'o6 Pitster Pro 50cc Pit Bike (125cc Big Bore Kit).

O is she the chick that has the R6 pictures up in her office?

I went to that dealer the other day and the guy that approached us was one of the worst salesmen I've ever met in my life. Maybe I'll try to find this jenny and tell the other guy to piss off

Quote Originally Posted by tecknojoe View Post
    O is she the chick that has the R6 pictures up in her office?

I went to that dealer the other day and the guy that approached us was one of the worst salesmen I've ever met in my life. Maybe I'll try to find this jenny and tell the other guy to piss off
    A) That is Jenny. Corner office, GO Subaru Arapahoe, can't miss her.

B) If the other guy got your info and logged you, then you're his customer, period, it's how dealerships work. You can work with Jenny, and she may help you, but he'll still be on the deal if it goes through.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post

B) If the other guy got your info and logged you, then you're his customer, period, it's how dealerships work. You can work with Jenny, and she may help you, but he'll still be on the deal if it goes through.
    damn that sucks for me because dealing with that guy is a complete waste of time. It sucks for the dealer because if he's the only one that will be selling to me, I'm not going back at all.

He told me they didn't have the car I wanted and because of the tsunami they aren't getting any more cars in. He didn't try to say he could get one from another dealer or anything. The 2 others I went to were willing to trade a car with another dealer if our deal went through, which is a completely normal thing to do. Does that mean I'm still his customer? We didn't do any numbers or anything. ugh, I'd like to work with jenny instead

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

I probably took those pictures!

Jenny rocks. End of story.

I know nothing about dealer politics / practices, so no good advice there.

Does that mean I'm still his customer? We didn't do any numbers or anything. ugh, I'd like to work with jenny instead
    Fuji has has numerous issues with supply shortages, just like all the JDMs hit by the tsunami. The cars produced in Gunma are the Forester and Impreza, the Legacy, Outback and Tribeca are all made here--but assembled from parts that ship from Japan, so there can be some issues.

Still, most shortages are delays, not completely unavailable. I'm not sure his claim is accurate unless you want a car that's last year's model or something.

Dealer trades are totally up to the dealerships involved, some will trade, some won't, it all depends on whether they can make enough profit on the deal to make it worthwhile on their end or not--and that depends on the car in question and the deal at hand.

If the guy logged you into the system, meaning he got your name, address and Ph # then he will get 50% of the deal's commission--(which can be as low as $50 depending upon the deal).

He will also be 'top' for any TeleCash, which is money Subaru pays for selling a car (sometimes it's $0 sometimes it's $100 or more).

This system is in place so salesmen can't "skate" a customer after someone else has spent time with them. Think about it, it's a 100% commission business, so unless you sell, you don't get paid. If you spend 4 hrs with a guy, then he leaves to do X or get the wife or whatever else, then he returns and buys from another salesman then the guy (or gal) who spent all that time gets $0 for his efforts and Salesman Skate gets 100% of the commission that he didn't really do anything for.

Unfortunately, the system also protects people you may not like and/or may not want to work with--like your first salesman.

If you go back to GO, and you're already logged, but you still want to work with Jenny then she's seen--by the system--as trying to "skate" (steal) the first salesman's customer. It's just how it is.

My advice is to go seek out Jenny, but tell her that you're probably already logged by someone else--which she'd find out the minute she inputs your info into the system anyway--it'll show your name as flagged to whomever else you spoke with.

Anyway, if she's not busy, then she may help you out anyway--but just know that there's no way around salesman #1 getting credit on any deal you'd make since he's the one who "upped" you in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by rybo View Post
    Jenny rocks. End of story.
    QFT!
    Last edited by Ghost; Fri Jun 17th, 2011 at 05:26 PM.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Senior Member Yearly Supporter Swift's Avatar

I'd tell the sales manager that the guy that logged you is a total douche and you would prefer to work with Jenny. The turnover at that dealership for sales is ridiculous. Most of the people they hire don't know their head from their ass when it comes to the different models they sell.
    2003 BMW R1150R - For Sale - PM for details
    2007 BMW 328Xi Coupe - The Cage

Quote Originally Posted by Swift View Post
    I'd tell the sales manager that the guy that logged you is a total douche and you would prefer to work with Jenny. The turnover at that dealership for sales is ridiculous. Most of the people they hire don't know their head from their ass when it comes to the different models they sell.
    You can, and the manager will tell you what you want to hear, and the log will stay however it is. That's the behind-the-scenes aspect of how it works--appearance is key, reality usually doesn't match up--but by all means, feel free to try, maybe something will come of it...

Most dealerships have high turnover, it's not just that GO dealership. It's a stressful job with a huge failure rate and little reward for most who try their hand. 20% sales turnover per 90 days is the industry average. Training takes time, and most aren't around long enough and/or can't be bothered.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

I can understand if that's the way things work. Hopefully he didn't even bother putting me in the system. We really didn't even get anywhere whatsoever, but he did pick up a piece of paper when we first got there and started the usual bullshit interview. That would be the extent of what we got out of that experience. I told him exactly what i wanted and he still did all the other stupid shit. then when we talked about it his comments were that they only have 2 manuals and they don't get any new cars now so there's not anything to do about it.

i will be letting the sales manager know just so that at the very least, that guy might fucking TRY next time.

I left Jenny a message so we'll see what we can do. It would definitely be cool to work with someone that's tied into the race scene that I'm attempting to be a part of after moving here from VA.

I can understand if that's the way things work. Hopefully he didn't even bother putting me in the system. We really didn't even get anywhere whatsoever, but he did pick up a piece of paper when we first got there and started the usual bullshit interview. That would be the extent of what we got out of that experience. I told him exactly what i wanted and he still did all the other stupid shit. then when we talked about it his comments were that they only have 2 manuals and they don't get any new cars now so there's not anything to do about it.

i will be letting the sales manager know just so that at the very least, that guy might fucking TRY next time.

I left Jenny a message so we'll see what we can do. It would definitely be cool to work with someone that's tied into the race scene that I'm attempting to be a part of after moving here from VA.
    It depends, on really slow days the manager might offer you $1-$5 for everyone you log--but that's usually pretty rare. Still, showing you logged someone means less of an ass-chewing for not doing anything all day.

Either way, see what you can do, maybe the manager will do something for Jenny even if he doesn't take Salesman #1 off the deal (assuming it goes through anyway).

Jenny's not as fully involved in racing or even riding as much as she was, but she's just plain awesome, and she'll do what she can for you.

LMK how it all turns out, and GL with the car--Subies are sort of the state's unofficial vehicle, and coming from VA you'll learn to love them in the winter and in the mountains/canyons.
    Last edited by Ghost; Fri Jun 17th, 2011 at 06:36 PM.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

I just put a deposit on my Legacy. Once my car comes in the mail, I'll be writing Jenny a blazing review. She is a no bullshit salesperson who really made my whole experience easy.

I just put a deposit on my Legacy. Once my car comes in the mail, I'll be writing Jenny a blazing review. She is a no bullshit salesperson who really made my whole experience easy.
    Yep. That's her.

Enjoy!
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

No that is not how it works, you simply say that you do not want to work with that guy, and that you had no interest working with him...and that he sucks and you would never work with him and no commission will go to him.

Find this Jenny and explain to her, she might need to get the sales manager but they have no problem telling the other salesman to piss off to keep you as a customer at that dealership.

Anyway, if she's not busy, then she may help you out anyway--but just know that there's no way around salesman #1 getting credit on any deal you'd make since he's the one who "upped" you in the first place.
    Wow CO must be different if that is true. I've never had a problem in MI returning to a dealer and dealing with a salesman I liked vs the one I met before. If asked, hey that guy sucked so I'm talking to you...maybe that's why here in CO they say hold go back and talk to the manager...who probably then said okay you are his salesman not Joe Blow. never knew that is why they walked away here in CO to see the manager...hmmm Interesting.

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

That sounds just like the Jenny I know!

Congrats on your new ride.

Jenny checked the system and the crappy salesman never logged me so its all.good. Even if he did, she said they split the commission.

Quote Originally Posted by modette99 View Post
    Wow CO must be different if that is true. I've never had a problem in MI returning to a dealer and dealing with a salesman I liked vs the one I met before. If asked, hey that guy sucked so I'm talking to you...maybe that's why here in CO they say hold go back and talk to the manager...who probably then said okay you are his salesman not Joe Blow. never knew that is why they walked away here in CO to see the manager...hmmm Interesting.
    There is no law on it, it is just dealer policy. It is absolutely true that once you are logged you 'belong' to that salesperson however most dealers will recognize a customers request to work with someone else.

Jenny checked the system and the crappy salesman never logged me so its all.good. Even if he did, she said they split the commission.
    Sweet!

But again, (and this is mostly to Modette) IF he'd logged you, he'd get half regardless of how much you like/hate him...that's just how the system works (and usually it protects salesmen from their dickhead brethren who'd steal customers--this is the rare exception when it helps the dickhead instead).

Quote Originally Posted by longrider View Post
    There is no law on it, it is just dealer policy. It is absolutely true that once you are logged you 'belong' to that salesperson however most dealers will recognize a customers request to work with someone else.
    Yep, you can work with someone else, but they'll still be splitting the commission.

ANYway, glad it all worked out, enjoy your new ride!!
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Enjoy the Subie. I've never driven a better car in the snow.
    -Greg
    2013 BMW R1200GS

Quote Originally Posted by longrider View Post
    I only buy parts & accys at Fays from PAUL DONALDSON!

ps gl with your subi! never been my cup of tea(Id rock a brat like a mofo) but my mom has owned 3 or 4 wagons and they are great all around vehicles