Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Frame Slider Options

Re: Frame Slider Options

Quote Originally Posted by MetaLord 9 View Post
    I wouldn't buy shoguns for my 10 year old bicycle. They just seem to cheap (quality-wise) to me. That's just my opinion, but this is another one of the categories of protective equipment where the cheapest is usually not the best option, even for the money spent.
    Seem? Doesn't sound like you have actually used these. You sure you are talking about the correct brand? I didn't see anything cheap about them when I installed them on my RR and pretty sure they even patented the material they use.

From their site:
    Shogun pucks are made of shatter-proof UHMW infused with UV protective polymer. Shogun pucks absorb kinetic energy from crashes and will not shatter in cold temperature like some types of Delrin or fade in the sun. Each puck has a press fit aluminum bushing to hold it in place during impact to reduce the risk of the puck tearing off of the mounting point. Shogun frame slider offsets are CNC machined from the same grade aluminum as military aircraft. Offsets are anodized black to match OEM components. Each offset is manufactured to stringent specifications with ISO 9000 quality control. Each Shogun Frame Slider comes with high tensile strength corrosion resistant hardware (cheap imitators do not use high grade hardware and will quickly rust). Shogun uses socket head bolts in nearly every kit, allowing for stronger frame slider design in a more compact space. Newer applications of Shogun Frame Sliders make use of a counter sunk design, which distributes the force of impact over a wider area and gives additional strength to the system so that the puck remains attached to the motorcycle.

Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

^^I'm more referring to look/feel and general consensus I've heard over the years. You're right though, I've never had them and can't attest to having personally used them. That said, I haven't tested my LSL's in a crash yet either (knock on wood), so they could come completely apart. It's just my opinion based on what I've heard and experienced, that's all mang.
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

I'm curious, last time I saw your bike Vellos, you had a cage on your bike, did you have a change of heart?
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

I think the cage was a POS

Quote Originally Posted by OUTLAWD View Post
    I think the cage was a POS
    Yeah, I'm sure it gave more protection, but it looked like you'd constantly be banging your shins on it.
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

I think Dave is mad at me or something? Started back in a dick cage passes comment.

Anyway, my cage was good as highway bars and protecting my fairings , but it gets too close to hitting the ground when I'm at the track so I'm moving on. And yeah they were against my shins but it was something you can get used to - it will be nice not to have to deal with them anymore though.
    George Mock | 2008 ZX6R | GoPro Hero | 3:551 5806

Quote Originally Posted by Vellos View Post
    I think Dave is mad at me or something?

I just remember you posting up about how the mounting hardware kept breaking...

and I don't get mad

It was just malformed and was straightened out with a rubber mallet. But anyway, should be getting them Woodcrafts soon so you can't give me shit anymore. At least for that...

It was just malformed and was straightened out with a rubber mallet. But anyway, should be getting them Woodcrafts soon so you can't give me shit anymore. At least for that...
    If you were able to bend it with a rubber mallet, I'd be worried about it's structural integrity in the first place......

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

Not like bend bend, but move it .1 inch at its joint. Rubber mallet on concrete and lots of wacking done by Spooph.

Not like bend bend, but move it .1 inch at its joint. Rubber mallet on concrete and lots of wacking done by Spooph.
    Well, Spoophus Maximus tends to "whack" a lot I guess.....

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

Quote Originally Posted by OUTLAWD View Post
    and I don't get mad
    KX65
    Dizzer
    929 - Yard Sale'd