Thread: Question about selling a bike that hasnt been titled

Question about selling a bike that hasnt been titled

I NO LONGER HAVE AN ISSUE THAT NEEDS FIXIN thanks tho

So I bought a bike a couple years ago, rode the piss out of it with my paper tags, never registered it due to no CO DL and now i want to sell it.

Basically i have everything you get from the dealer. I never registered it here because i was 99% sure I wouldnt be able to do it with my TX DL. When i was back in TX i didnt have the bike with me, so i couldnt do it there, and now im just sick of looking at it. Anyway, I have a feeling there is no easy way, but what is the easiest way to take care of this so i dont scare away potential buyers when i try to sell it?

Getting a CO DL is out of the question, and if im taking the bike down to TX to get it legal, i will probably keep it. Ideally id like to just lower the price X amount, (X being equal to whatever extra taxes and fees the buyer would be out due to me not paying them.)

I'm pretty sure the best answer is going tro be, "Take your lazy ass down and get it registered." but i thought id see if there was a way around it. thanks.
    Last edited by PhL0aTeR; Thu Jun 23rd, 2011 at 09:44 PM.

06 DR650SE

Re: Question about selling a bike that hasnt been titled

They don't give a shit about your DL except to for the ID for check writing. Do it with cash, but you will need to get a title in your name since the titling process has already begun (unless you have the MSO). You will have to pay any sales tax that was not paid at the time of purchase. You do not need plates, just a title so no insurance is needed, probably back ownership tax and possibly the "late fee" of $100.

well, that is a pleasant surprise..... i cant remember what i was trying to do but they gave me a hell of a time about having a TX dl... i think i was trying to get some plates for the RV. that $100 is the $25 per month max 4 months right? small price to pay, perhaps ill look that up on monday. Thanks

06 DR650SE

FWIW, all i had to pay was my original taxes and the title fee, and the title is in the mail.

06 DR650SE

Unneeded info--sorry
    Last edited by Repsol a095; Thu Jun 23rd, 2011 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Not needed

I didnt need any of that, just had to pay my taxes.... i bought it here brand new had the manufacture of origin or something or another... its the 2009 Raider listed in the for sale section go buy it.... lol

I do hope it comes soon, i went down there monday, and the same day they mailed me a card in addition to the recipt they gave me, the card said the title was accepted and i could use the card itself to register. Not getting many bites on my bike, but when i do, id like to have it ready, as people are VERY wary of any title descrepancy... lol

06 DR650SE

You'd rather register it in CO, get bung-hole raped by our Colorado "Dept of Motor Vehicle" for triple the price, just to sell it than haul it down to Texas with the cheapest registration in the country and register it there?

Um, just sign it on the 2nd line for seller and be done, dude
    Last edited by sprtbkbabe; Thu Jun 23rd, 2011 at 09:37 PM.
    "Every Crotch is a Rocket" HDAVE

'09 Suzuki SV650
    '07 Honda CBR 600RR
    '14 1875 watt Conair

MRA#522

did you even read the words i typed? lol... FWIW the taxes in westcliffe are CHEAP as shit. im personally glad i waited this long. 2% taxes is cheaper than 8%

I titled the bike for less than $250, didnt register it, just titled it.

06 DR650SE