Thread: F.O. and DIE, big pick-up guy!

F.O. and DIE, big pick-up guy!

I've ranted before on this forum about AH's with their big pick-ups.

I was just out for a bicycle ride. I love to ride but I really dislike bicyclists that hog the road, ride in clumps blocking traffic and generally are inconsiderate of other road users. This being the case, I ride by myself and I stay over as far to the left as possible. I stop for stop signs, I signal my turns, etc.

So, I was on Larimer County Rd. 8, between CR 21 and CR 19. I was over as far as possible to the left. A red Dodge PU with black trim along the bottom slowed down and passed me going East lugging the engine to create a f-ing cloud of diesel smoke that looked like it came from a Navy destroyer making a smoke screen.

Well, big-pick-up guy, please just FO and Die. I don't pay registration taxes on my bike so I'm not entitled to use the road? The 5 cars and 3 motorcycles in my garage say different. I take up your space? Screw you. That's about a 9 or 10 ft. lane where I was riding. I was within 10 inches of the edge of the road.

So, big-pick-up guy, why don't you take your f-ing truck out behind your trailer and screw it in the tail-pipe. That's probably all you'll get because your fat belly hanging over your micro-pecker ends any hope you'll ever have of a human female. After that, you can go hang at Walmart with all your fellow Jerry Springer escapees.

Rant Over. If any of you have a big pick-up and are offended, sorry. Unless you drive a red Dodge with black trim along the bottom, then, just FO.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

'03 Honda vtr1000f Super Hawk
    '07 Honda XR650L

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Re: F.O. and DIE, big pick-up guy!

Yeah, those guys suck. I think the gov't really need to clamp down hard on those fuckin' smoke-belchers....
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLE_MONKEY View Post
    Yeah, those guys suck. I think the gov't really need to clamp down hard on those fuckin' smoke-belchers....
    This is where you and I, agree to disagree Frank. Because I don't want the Feds having anymore involvement with me and my diesel. It's bad enough as it is. It's bad enough they require the EGR and DPF's on these trucks now and they don't work. It would be one thing if they actually worked right but they don't. And I for one am not going to destroy a $10000 motor because of government mandated BS. All EGR's do, is send more soot into my turbo. Which in turn clogs it up and will cause turbo failure over a period of time. So you guessed it, my EGR is un-plugged and will remain un-plugged until I have to go do a Emissions test. DPF's are the biggest bullshit as well, because they clog up forcing the truck into "limp mode" and only the dealer can reset the computer and get it back out of limp mode.

You know what's funny though?? I've got my EGR un-plugged and my DPF deleted and my truck still doesn't smoke. In fact it runs cooler, gets better fuel mileage and actually runs like a normal diesel should. I can romp on it, pulling 10000lbs and it still barely puffs the slightest bit of smoke. So tell me how my motor runs that clean, without all of the other stuff connected??

My truck is stock though, only thing I have for it is a programmer(which at the moment is in "factory stock" setting, since I have the other stuff deleted, I only use it now as a diagnostic tool). The guys you see rolling clouds of coal are the guys with huge injectors, bigger turbos and programmers that really change the fuel delivery and timing causing massive amounts of fuel to dump into the motor, hence the clouds of smoke. The guys you see doing this, represent a small minority of diesel truck guys. Not all of us are like this and I don't want to get punished because of "inbred so and so" likes to smoke out everyone at a stoplight.

But no, more government intrusion is not good. It's bad enough I still have to emissions test my truck and get jammed for $60. While Citizen Joe Blow in his gasoline P.O.S. can puff out tons of pollutants into the atmosphere and gets by without having to do a emissions test here in El Paso County.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; Sat Jun 18th, 2011 at 10:23 PM.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    This is where you and I, agree to disagree Frank. Because I don't want the Feds having anymore involvement with me and my diesel. It's bad enough as it is. It's bad enough they require the EGR and DPF's on these trucks now and they don't work. It would be one thing if they actually worked right but they don't. And I for one am not going to destroy a $10000 motor because of government mandated BS. All EGR's do, is send more soot into my turbo. Which in turn clogs it up and will cause turbo failure over a period of time. So you guessed it, my EGR is un-plugged and will remain un-plugged until I have to go do a Emissions test. DPF's are the biggest bullshit as well, because they clog up forcing the truck into "limp mode" and only the dealer can reset the computer and get it back out of limp mode.

You know what's funny though?? I've got my EGR un-plugged and my DPF deleted and my truck still doesn't smoke. In fact it runs cooler, gets better fuel mileage and actually runs like a normal diesel should. I can romp on it, pulling 10000lbs and it still barely puffs the slightest bit of smoke. So tell me how my motor runs that clean, without all of the other stuff connected??

My truck is stock though, only thing I have for it is a programmer(which at the moment is in "factory stock" setting, since I have the other stuff deleted, I only use it now as a diagnostic tool). The guys you see rolling clouds of coal are the guys with huge injectors, bigger turbos and programmers that really change the fuel delivery and timing causing massive amounts of fuel to dump into the motor, hence the clouds of smoke. The guys you see doing this, represent a small minority of diesel truck guys. Not all of us are like this and I don't want to get punished because of "inbred so and so" likes to smoke out everyone at a stoplight.

But no, more government intrusion is not good. It's bad enough I still have to emissions test my truck and get jammed for $60. While Citizen Joe Blow in his gasoline P.O.S. can puff out tons of pollutants into the atmosphere and gets by without having to do a emissions test here in El Paso County.
    Well, we went over this before in my rant on the exact same subject. If you don't smoke, awesome! If you belch black smoke, the need to (and will soon) do something about it. that soot is extremely toxic, and gets pulled deep into the lungs, like coal dust with the same results. Really, why should anyone be allowed to do that to other people, regardless of "their" motor? what gives them that right? And, having worked on after-treatment systems for large diesels at Woodward, much tougher legislation IS coming to control these, so be prepared. And, of note DPF's are evolving rapidly, like cats did years ago. A properly-engineered one will give full power WITH the cleaner emissions we deserve. Like I said, legislation is coming because people are getting tired of it.
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

Well, we went over this before in my rant on the exact same subject. If you don't smoke, awesome! If you belch black smoke, the need to (and will soon) do something about it. that soot is extremely toxic, and gets pulled deep into the lungs, like coal dust with the same results. Really, why should anyone be allowed to do that to other people, regardless of "their" motor? what gives them that right? And, having worked on after-treatment systems for large diesels at Woodward, much tougher legislation IS coming to control these, so be prepared. And, of note DPF's are evolving rapidly, like cats did years ago. A properly-engineered one will give full power WITH the cleaner emissions we deserve. Like I said, legislation is coming because people are getting tired of it.
    And I get where you're coming from but I don't see the big issue personally. I've worked with diesel powered equipment now for the past ten years. Sucking in the smoke day in and day out if you will. My lungs are just as strong as they were ten years ago and diesel smoke doesn't bother me in the least. But why is it, when I get behind a bad running gasoline motor, I'll cough and it makes my eyes water??

My questioning for the DPF's is why the need?? My 2007 Dodge 5.9 Cummins(last year for motors without DPF's) would pass the opacity part of the emissions test with flying colors. If my old truck could pass the test given by a state certified tester with flying colors and all it had on it was a catalytic converter, then why the need for the DPF's??

And I hate to be a dick and be "that guy" but a $10k hit to my wallet IS worth more to me that everyone else's health. Because I figure if folks don't like breathing the black cloud of death(as I've heard it called) then roll your window up until the cloud passes. Just like if you don't want to be next to someone having a smoke outside, you just move away from them so you don't smell the smoke(least that's what I do). But I'm not going around screaming for legislation to stop smokers for lighting up.

Lastly, if they are making better DPF's they sure haven't hit the market yet. Even the 2011's diesels are still having issues with them. Having to use UREA injection or a Regen process to clean them. They are still clogging up.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Damn, my motorcycle and bicycle don't have the mandatory windows that can be rolled up. I'll have to get them retrofitted.

Honestly, I kinda like the general smell of diesel having been in the military it brings back fond memories But just like the loud pipes guys, these yoyo's are the ones that are going to make it bad for you and others who are responsible. Just like the loud pipes guys or inconsiderate bicyclists make it bad for their brethren.

Carl

Long Distance Gear Checklist 2002 Hayabusa - Now with 100,000+ miles!

Quote Originally Posted by dm_gsxr View Post
    Damn, my motorcycle and bicycle don't have the mandatory windows that can be rolled up. I'll have to get them retrofitted.

Honestly, I kinda like the general smell of diesel having been in the military it brings back fond memories But just like the loud pipes guys, these yoyo's are the ones that are going to make it bad for you and others who are responsible. Just like the loud pipes guys or inconsiderate bicyclists make it bad for their brethren.

Carl
    LOL!!!

yeah but you're on a motorcycle in the open air. Just buzz through it and around the truck and you're home free On a bicycle though you are screwed. I'd say stop and let it pass.

Only time I really have a problem with it, is when you get these coal rolling yahoo's that leave a cloud so thick you can't see through it. Almost always happens at a light too, so you have to sit there and let it disperse before you can drive on. Other than that, I'm like you, I like the smell of diesel always have. So if someone leaves a minor cloud in the road, I just drive through it and take a deep breath!!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

I agree with the stay the fuck out of my business perspective on government. I hate all the gimmicy equipment they install on your vehicles and you have to go out of your way to remove. What I want to know is why there aren't more small displacement diesels in the US. I've been driving some of the Ford Rangers we gives the ANA and ANP made in Thailand, and they're awesome.

I regret not getting a diesel over the V-8 unleaded in my GMC.

Gotta love that dude, ignorant truck drivers who need a diesel to compensate for their small weiners and lack of security
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

The smoke this guy put out was so thick I almost couldn't see his pick-up. I couldn't see the road to see if other cars were coming. This wasn't just a passing vehicle putting out more smoke than I thought he should, this was a guy PURPOSELY operating his vehicle in such a way as too make the cloud for me to try and ride in. When he was 50 yards past me, he stopped doing whatever he was doing to make it smoke and drove normally away, producing no visible smoke at all. While he was smoking me, he wandered into the oncoming lane because, even though I couldn't see him past his darkly tinted windows, I know he was looking backwards laughing his butt off.

Some time back, I saw a video link someone posted on this forum of a couple of guys going up a mountain road in an old pick-up, passing a lot of bicycles. They were doing the same thing, smoking purposely, creating a long black cloud for the riders. I guess I laughed and thought it was kind of funny. I see it from the other way too. Moron bike riders that think traffic should be just fine behind them, going up a hill at 8 or 9 miles an hour. After all, aren't we "sharing the road"?

I guess I was just really pissed because I try very hard not to impede, or even slow vehicle traffic in any way when I ride my bike. I wasn't in this idiots way at all. I was just some poor sap on a bike that he messed with because he could. Luckily, there was a pretty stiff breeze blowing and the cloud dissipated quickly enough that I was able to hold my breath.

When I got home, my family nearly died laughing. They thought it was funny. I get no respect.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

'03 Honda vtr1000f Super Hawk
    '07 Honda XR650L

Quote Originally Posted by SloBlue View Post
    The smoke this guy put out was so thick I almost couldn't see his pick-up. I couldn't see the road to see if other cars were coming. This wasn't just a passing vehicle putting out more smoke than I thought he should, this was a guy PURPOSELY operating his vehicle in such a way as too make the cloud for me to try and ride in. When he was 50 yards past me, he stopped doing whatever he was doing to make it smoke and drove normally away, producing no visible smoke at all. While he was smoking me, he wandered into the oncoming lane because, even though I couldn't see him past his darkly tinted windows, I know he was looking backwards laughing his butt off.

Some time back, I saw a video link someone posted on this forum of a couple of guys going up a mountain road in an old pick-up, passing a lot of bicycles. They were doing the same thing, smoking purposely, creating a long black cloud for the riders. I guess I laughed and thought it was kind of funny. I see it from the other way too. Moron bike riders that think traffic should be just fine behind them, going up a hill at 8 or 9 miles an hour. After all, aren't we "sharing the road"?

I guess I was just really pissed because I try very hard not to impede, or even slow vehicle traffic in any way when I ride my bike. I wasn't in this idiots way at all. I was just some poor sap on a bike that he messed with because he could. Luckily, there was a pretty stiff breeze blowing and the cloud dissipated quickly enough that I was able to hold my breath.

When I got home, my family nearly died laughing. They thought it was funny. I get no respect.
    I hear you man, and feel bad because guys like this give other diesel drivers a bad name. You're right he was messing with you and that was his goal. He was just out being a d-bag for the day. We aren't all like him though.

Quote Originally Posted by TransNone13 View Post
    I agree with the stay the fuck out of my business perspective on government. I hate all the gimmicy equipment they install on your vehicles and you have to go out of your way to remove. What I want to know is why there aren't more small displacement diesels in the US. I've been driving some of the Ford Rangers we gives the ANA and ANP made in Thailand, and they're awesome.

I regret not getting a diesel over the V-8 unleaded in my GMC.
    I think it probably has to do with cost and interest.

I had heard Ford and Dodge a few years back were kicking around the idea of a Diesel powered 1/2 ton. But I think Ford opted for that Ecoboost V6 instead. And Dodge doesn't want to take away from their Hemi. However, manufactures like VW have been introducing more and more smaller diesel's in their cars. Which I think is a good thing, those cars are getting wicked fuel mileage and for the most part are ultra quiet so you can barely tell it's got a diesel.

But like I say back to Cost and Interest. I think the interest is probably there as I've heard from more and more guys that they'd like a 1/2 ton with a diesel. But the cost is what drives it in the end.

With the Cummins being an $8000 option on 3/4 tons and up over the Hemi. You'll stack $8000 on top of a already over priced 1/2 ton and then most people would lose interest and the cost to the manufacture would be high. Obviously it wouldn't be the 6.7 Cummins you get in the bigger trucks, so then Cummins would have to make a smaller motor(which they already have) but Dodge would then have to order more of those motors for the 1/2 tons. Then I'm sure most manufactures look at the benefit of a diesel in a truck. Aside from the better fuel mileage, you won't get much more pulling or towing capacity in a 1/2 ton because they just aren't rated for it. Sure the diesel they would put in them could more than handle it. But legally, they would be rated at only so much.

And I completely agree with you on the Gas v. Diesel for usability. After having two diesels, I'll never go back to gas motors. I have yet to put enough weight behind mine to really tell it's back there(it's enough weight that would bog down a gasser) and that's with going over tons of mountain passes and so forth. If I ever get another diesel, it will be an older one. I'll not even think about getting a newer one(the DPF and EGR BS is too much of a hassle to deal with). I'll go back to probably an older 5.9 Cummins if I ever do.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; Sun Jun 19th, 2011 at 08:23 AM.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Black it sounds like you know your shizat and that means that there are a lot of people out there ruining this for you. Being a sportbike rider we get that everyday as well. It sucks having the knowledge and ability (plus the fluck load of money) to have some young hic make it look bad...

You have to understand that you are probably not the problem and while easy to defend your truck, when someone is "talking shit", they are not talking about you or your truck.

On a side note. I would like some advice about how to deal with the fuck-stick that lives down the block with the crazy loud exhaust. Its probably twice as loud as and I have ever heard. Shit wakes my son up usually twice a day just by him driving bye.

... And by advice I mean shit I can do to really piss him back off

i wish i could get a small diesel in a truck. the gas mileage is awesome and those things run FOREVER! 100,000 miles and there just getting broke in. i dont see having a huge ass diesel engine unless you use it to pull. but thats my preference. i wouldnt buy 1 to just drive around. but thats me.
    Rooster

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzzzy1 View Post
    Black it sounds like you know your shizat and that means that there are a lot of people out there ruining this for you. Being a sportbike rider we get that everyday as well. It sucks having the knowledge and ability (plus the fluck load of money) to have some young hic make it look bad...

You have to understand that you are probably not the problem and while easy to defend your truck, when someone is "talking shit", they are not talking about you or your truck.

On a side note. I would like some advice about how to deal with the fuck-stick that lives down the block with the crazy loud exhaust. Its probably twice as loud as and I have ever heard. Shit wakes my son up usually twice a day just by him driving bye.

... And by advice I mean shit I can do to really piss him back off
    Oh I know what you're saying and I know it's not directed towards myself or others like myself. But when I hear calls for more legislation to clamp down on diesels, then I take issue. I don't want to be penalized for something, just because others don't like it.

It's like guns. I'm a huge gun nut and about as Pro 2nd Amendment as you'll find. But the bad eggs that go around committing crimes with guns, shines a bad light on all gun owners. Then the anti-gun contingent gets all in a buzz and wants to take away, pass legislation or put even more restrictions on gun owners. Focus on busting those who commit the crime, not those who are law abiding.

Which brings me back to diesel trucks. I'm not sure if Colorado has a law on the books, but I know in some of the Southern states(Texas, Miss, etc.) they have impeding traffic's visibility laws, that if a Cop sees a guy rolling gratuitous amounts of black smoke, they can actually pull them over and give them a citation for it. Not sure if that's the case here in Colorado. But here in Colorado(El Paso country to be precise) we still have to emission our diesels. And if you can't pass the opacity portion of the test(meaning the amount of smoke you blow out), it's an automatic fail. There are ways around that though, guys turn their programmers down or off, or guys just register their trucks outside of city limits in the rural parts of the county and by pass the emissions tests.

And I'm the last guy that wants to see another law passed but if there needs to be something done about some of these guys being a menace to other motorists visibility, then so be it.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    I hear you man, and feel bad because guys like this give other diesel drivers a bad name. You're right he was messing with you and that was his goal. He was just out being a d-bag for the day. We aren't all like him though.

I think it probably has to do with cost and interest.

I had heard Ford and Dodge a few years back were kicking around the idea of a Diesel powered 1/2 ton. But I think Ford opted for that Ecoboost V6 instead. And Dodge doesn't want to take away from their Hemi. However, manufactures like VW have been introducing more and more smaller diesel's in their cars. Which I think is a good thing, those cars are getting wicked fuel mileage and for the most part are ultra quiet so you can barely tell it's got a diesel.

But like I say back to Cost and Interest. I think the interest is probably there as I've heard from more and more guys that they'd like a 1/2 ton with a diesel. But the cost is what drives it in the end.

With the Cummins being an $8000 option on 3/4 tons and up over the Hemi. You'll stack $8000 on top of a already over priced 1/2 ton and then most people would lose interest and the cost to the manufacture would be high. Obviously it wouldn't be the 6.7 Cummins you get in the bigger trucks, so then Cummins would have to make a smaller motor(which they already have) but Dodge would then have to order more of those motors for the 1/2 tons. Then I'm sure most manufactures look at the benefit of a diesel in a truck. Aside from the better fuel mileage, you won't get much more pulling or towing capacity in a 1/2 ton because they just aren't rated for it. Sure the diesel they would put in them could more than handle it. But legally, they would be rated at only so much.

And I completely agree with you on the Gas v. Diesel for usability. After having two diesels, I'll never go back to gas motors. I have yet to put enough weight behind mine to really tell it's back there(it's enough weight that would bog down a gasser) and that's with going over tons of mountain passes and so forth. If I ever get another diesel, it will be an older one. I'll not even think about getting a newer one(the DPF and EGR BS is too much of a hassle to deal with). I'll go back to probably an older 5.9 Cummins if I ever do.
    Well having driven some of the largest wheeled vehicles known in the world for military use, I'd say I'm damn impressed with diesel. Wish I could get air brakes too! The MaxxPro Dash by International is a 34,000lb curb weight monster with what have to be 48" tires or so. It moves with an inline 6, I want to say turbocharged MaxxForce D9.3I6 9.3 liters, puts out 375HP, but around over 1,250 ft/lbs of torque. Also, I want to say they don't make black clouds either!

Last edited by TransNone13; Sun Jun 19th, 2011 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TransNone13 View Post
    Well having driven some of the largest wheeled vehicles known in the world for military use, I'd say I'm damn impressed with diesel. Wish I could get air brakes too! The MaxxPro Dash by International is a 34,000lb curb weight monster with what have to be 48" tires or so. It moves with an inline 6, I want to say turbocharged MaxxForce D9.3I6 9.3 liters, puts out 375HP, but around over 1,250 ft/lbs of torque. Also, I want to say they don't make black clouds either!

Yep, none of the dump trucks or tractor trucks that we have out our work blow tons of black smoke either. Last haul I did at work, I was running our tandem around 50k lbs and it was puffing smoke but not rolling out a cloud of it. Only thing it did was run the EGT's around 950 degrees and I had it floored going up a couple steep hills from a dead stop.

But yeah if you figure these big ass trucks don't leave a wall of smoke behind them and they are moving way more weight than a pick-up ever will. Then there's no reason a smaller truck needs to leave 5 blocks of black smoke.

Only thing I've ever operated that blew a ton of smoke was our Ford 6610 with an Alamo boom mower. But that was a tractor with hydraulics under heavy stress. It was made to cut thick brush on hills sides, LOL!! but you could actually mow down 6" or less sized trees with it. I even took out a Speed Limit sign with it, didn't think I was that close, but heard a quick buzzing sound and the sign fell right over. And I've seen trac-hoes puff alot but again, we're talking stuff that is under severe load, so it's going ot produce smoke.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"

Coming back from Nebraska once, getting of on 52, I passed a number of cars (in my car). One was a big ass white diesel pickup truck with two semi-style smoke stacks. He suddenly went like a bat-out-of-hell and passed the cars I passed, me, and then a few more cars at like 130mph... leaving ungodly black opaque smoke so you could not see anything, including the road or the other cars.

He then stopped in the middle of the road to turn left, holding up all the cars he just passed.

Probably second biggest asshole I've ever encountered on the roads.

4 RG500, 2 TZR250-2MA, NS250R, DT250, G4-TR100,
    rip RGV250, sold TZR250-3MA TS250 MR250 XL500

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

The big trucks don't roll smoke, because they are burning it efficiently. All that smoke is essentially incompletely-burned fuel, meaning it's just cash blowing out into the wind.

I have a programmer on my F350, though I keep it in tow/economy mode. I get a better start off the line before the turbo kicks in, more power after it does, and better mileage overall since it tunes the fuel map better. I've cranked it all the way up before but it's hard on the tranny, and does smoke like a chimney (but is *really* fun).
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

Hey, I got an idea, why not get a big bottle of used brake fluid, rig an injector to your exhaust pipe, and then when some asshole in a diesel smokes you out, you pass him, hit the electric pump to dump the brake fluid into the exhaust, you not only smoke him out, you coat the front of his POS with brake fluid......which he'll figure out as soon as he sees all his paint coming off a day or 2 later.

They would be *really* fun.

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

This thread has been entertaining, talk about seeing the other side of something. You do realize this is exactly what a major chunk of the non riding public thinks of all sportbikers due to the actions of a very small percentage who are a-holes. The truth is the percentage of diesel drivers who deliberately smoke out bicyclists or pedestrians is so miniscule it would be hard to measure, similar to the number of sport riders who stunt on the interstate...

Quote Originally Posted by longrider View Post
    This thread has been entertaining, talk about seeing the other side of something. You do realize this is exactly what a major chunk of the non riding public thinks of all sportbikers due to the actions of a very small percentage who are a-holes. The truth is the percentage of diesel drivers who deliberately smoke out bicyclists or pedestrians is so miniscule it would be hard to measure, similar to the number of sport riders who stunt on the interstate...
    I dunno, I see a ton of "smokers" around Ft. Collins, and when I lived in Idaho Falls. I'm sure it's not all, especially the ones who leave theirs relatively stock, but with the trucks, it leaves such a big cloud for such a long time (long after the truck is gone), that it REALLY leaves a bad impression. I'm busy working on my brake fluid "fogger".......

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

I dunno, I see a ton of "smokers" around Ft. Collins, and when I lived in Idaho Falls. I'm sure it's not all, especially the ones who leave theirs relatively stock, but with the trucks, it leaves such a big cloud for such a long time (long after the truck is gone), that it REALLY leaves a bad impression. I'm busy working on my brake fluid "fogger".......
    I'm sure it's more location that has to do with it. I don't see many guys here in the Springs that roll coal like crazy. See tons of trucks with "stacks" but most of them still don't puff much, if any. Seems like most of the guys that roll clouds are in Southern states from what I've noticed being on the Cummins forum. Being in more rural areas, I'm sure they get away with more. Like I say, I've read several threads on that forum where guys in the Northeast are getting nailed by the cops for leaving huge clouds. Also the guys in Cali are getting cracked down on as well. But I expect that coming from Cali, everything in that state either "causes cancer or has the potential to", hell even the wildlife probably causes cancer to those inbreds over there.

p.s.
    Here's a couple you'll really like Frank, just for you
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYaU1...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yofCj...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xi4As...eature=related

LOL the last link is epic!!
    Last edited by The Black Knight; Fri Jun 24th, 2011 at 10:43 PM.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"