Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Laid Off Again

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter 64BonnieLass's Avatar

Laid Off Again

I was laid off again. Regardless of the main client being here in CO, they decided to pull all recruiting efforts back to CA.

I don't want to recruit anymore. I'm tired, frazzeled, done!!

If any of you guys that know me, want help in any capacity, let me know.
    "Keep that "what if" thought in the back of your mind; it's the angel on your shoulder balancing the devil in your right hand."

"There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those."

2005 SV650S Street

Re: Laid Off Again

Dang sorry to hear that Terri, hope you find something soon.
    www.mo-door.com
    https://64degreeracing.com/

2003 VFR800
    2007 GSX-R600
    2007 R1
    2003 R6 Race bike
    2010 Ducati SF1098
    2016 60th R1
    2018 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR (Always say I'm done riding but the results state that I lied... )

a specific position or point in physical space

I'm sorry Terri...anybody would be privileged to have you as an employee...you will bounce back!

Ciao,
    Drift
    9/7 MotoGP Fan
    "Four wheels move the body...Two wheels move the soul"

http://www.lubedealer.com/otg_oil_lube

Sorry, and as much as I hate to say it, welcome to the laid off club...seems more and more CSCers are in it every week..

Either way, Good Luck and keep your chin up!
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Thanks sweetie,
    I will. I just have to out-do myself somehow in a job market. I have been recruiting for 12 years now. It will be hard for me to get out of the box (so to speak)

I am one of those people who never sought out "doctor", "lawyer", etc.

But it's time now to live outside my brain and re-create what I can do.

I have many skills that I bring to the table. I just have to figure it out.
    "Keep that "what if" thought in the back of your mind; it's the angel on your shoulder balancing the devil in your right hand."

"There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those."

2005 SV650S Street

Sorry to hear, Terri. Join the "life of leisure riding club". I am a member too.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

Oh really??!! Let's hang then Jeff. I miss you very much anyway, and have for a long time. It would be great to see you and have coffee and not pout. :-D

For every door that closes, another one opens up. But it's incumbant upon us to look for it. (something like that with better spelling maybe)

2005 SV650S Street

Quote Originally Posted by 64BonnieLass View Post
    Thanks sweetie,
    I will. I just have to out-do myself somehow in a job market. I have been recruiting for 12 years now. It will be hard for me to get out of the box (so to speak)

I am one of those people who never sought out "doctor", "lawyer", etc.

But it's time now to live outside my brain and re-create what I can do.

I have many skills that I bring to the table. I just have to figure it out.
    Yeah, it always seems that the box I'm in is still getting me interviews, but not an actual offer. Instead they always hire internally and/or close the position despite flying me out to interview and whatever else.

So, I've been doing a lot of re-evaluation of what I "should" be doing and what, potentially, I could be doing given what training I have or could get.

I'm not sure how good I'd be at any of them, nor if I could match my old salary, but...sometimes they're appealing just for being non-corporate.

I think you should look at this as an opportunity to grow, to learn and to figure out what you really want to do--you can still keep looking for what you did, but don't limit yourself to just that...life's short, etc., etc...

Quote Originally Posted by asp_125 View Post
    Sorry to hear, Terri. Join the "life of leisure riding club". I am a member too.
    Only problem with the Club is paying the bills to ride...
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Go to the Village and OD on hashbrowns
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Are you ready for the Vet Tech gig now? I know you're good with animals.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Ninja View Post
    Go to the Village and OD on hashbrowns
    Ya Think!!!! Get me a job in Boulder, where I'm the hashbrown taster. FTW. I would ROCK at that.

2005 SV650S Street

Quote Originally Posted by FZRguy View Post
    You know how depressing that job is, right?

My friend can tell nightmare stories from nearly every day she's at work...
    ~Hunter S. Thompson

John bebe, ya never forget do ya? haha.
    It's a dream, I have to save animals. But I have realized I need to be a millionaire in order to do so.

I'm used to $100k a year. How do I go to $28K a year? How?

And even more dynamic, how do I save people? How do I help people take care of themselves and their family. How can I do that?

2005 SV650S Street

Medical field?
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Apply to PA school. Assuming you have a Bachelors...

Good pay, great outlook, insane loan repayment options...

Medical field?
    Looking at it seriously at this point. I love you!!! Funny that you mention it at all. I'm not a rock star at testing, but I think I can learn and do it if I apply myself.

2005 SV650S Street

Be great to have you around here: https://www.efirstbank.com/about-fir...ty-Coordinator
    John
    KTM Duke 690

I have a B.S. in Business Administration. I also have 11 years of negotiation.

Although I have been IT most of my life (can't fix my own computer, can only hire them to do so) I can also sell. I am a great people person professionally.

2005 SV650S Street

Well, none of those jobs pay $100k, more like $50k. Sales if ya gotta have that kind of coin, unless you wanna go back to school.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

So sorry to hear it Terri -

FWIW I was laid off for nearly 2 years. I too was used to about 80K a year. I make no where near that now

I'm sure you'll bounce back - it's what we do. In the meantime enjoy some 'free' time.

s

Then I'll go to school!!! I don't want to, but I will. If that is what it takes to re-invent my brain, I'm not opposed to it! And I'll do it!!

2005 SV650S Street

11 AM class beats a 8 AM job in my book.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Quote Originally Posted by rybo View Post
    So sorry to hear it Terri -

FWIW I was laid off for nearly 2 years. I too was used to about 80K a year. I make no where near that now

I'm sure you'll bounce back - it's what we do. In the meantime enjoy some 'free' time.

s
    Honey, I know you were, and it broke my heart that I could do nothing for you.

I've tried sooooo hard to help people in the CSC, and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

I wanna go be a ....................now!

2005 SV650S Street

Quote Originally Posted by rybo View Post

s
    I think $80k jobs are a dying breed, most being replaced by two $35k temp/term/part-time positions. At least, that's how things are going in the corporate and academic worlds I used to be in.

Job I lost paid nearly double the jobs I'm getting interviews for...but since they can get people with 15yrs experience who are also laid off and willing to work for the same as entry-level, then anyone mid-level is just screwed...

Quote Originally Posted by 64BonnieLass View Post
    Then I'll go to school!!! I don't want to, but I will. If that is what it takes to re-invent my brain, I'm not opposed to it! And I'll do it!!
    11 AM class beats a 8 AM job in my book.

yeah, I second that. School really isn't a bad place to spend a few years...and who knows, maybe things will improve by the time you're done--or, if not, you can still rack up the student loans and go for another degree

Hmm, maybe I need to return to academia as well...if I stay in school until I die I'll never need to work OR pay back my loans...and I'd be VERY qualified for nearly any job...and I'm sick of being "unemployed" or "laid off" when I could be a "Student"...
    ~Hunter S. Thompson