05 ST 1300
    02 WR 426
    95 KX 250
    03 Zuma
    06 PW 50 (Hunters first bike)

No, they just snap in half at 100mph

Re: TK Motorsports

Suzuki sucks
    See, look, I know I'm homophobic, but not about gay guys. They don't bother me at all. It's straight guys who don't know their gay... they fuck my shit right up

Quote Originally Posted by Polar X";p="207139
    A suzuki would not do that
    My bike is so old its probably rusted on... no worries.. course I lost several body fasteners @ PPIR... bought some very cool blue ones today.. I figure they're good for 20-30 HP
    03 zx6rr (soon to be race)
    MRA#533 novice

Quote Originally Posted by japrules";p="207146
    Quote Originally Posted by Polar X";p="207139
    A suzuki would not do that
    My bike is so old its probably rusted on... no worries.. course I lost several body fasteners @ PPIR... bought some very cool blue ones today.. I figure they're good for 20-30 HP
    Just ask King Nothing
    See, look, I know I'm homophobic, but not about gay guys. They don't bother me at all. It's straight guys who don't know their gay... they fuck my shit right up

or why not buy a bike that always runs and stays in one piece , Maybe someone should alert Yamaha to this and they can call Honda for tips on building a solid bike

R6-Forum's June 2010 Ride of the Month!

Sig. Courtesy of GIJoe007

Dion's Sponsorhouse

Sponsors:
    Rief Resources Media/Rebellion Motorsports /
    Lockhart Phillips / Factory Backing / GoPro Camera

I looked at mine last night, and it's still holding in place, but I'm considering safety wiring it just for that extra piece of mind. My question is, do you safety wire the nut to the washer or to the sprocket itself?

Quote Originally Posted by Devil954";p="207178
    or why not buy a bike that always runs and stays in one piece , Maybe someone should alert Yamaha to this and they can call Honda for tips on building a solid bike
    Say that to the Honda POS in my garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman";p="207349
    I looked at mine last night, and it's still holding in place, but I'm considering safety wiring it just for that extra piece of mind. My question is, do you safety wire the nut to the washer or to the sprocket itself?
    Wire it to the countershaft. Put the entire assembly together and torque the nut to the proper spec, then drill a hole either straight through the whole shaft/nut or at an angle through the end of the shaft up through the nut. This way you know that once you tighten it enough to line the holes up you are also at the proper torque (or damn close).

You could wire it to the sprocket and it would serve the same purpose, but then you have to worry about drilling every sprocket you own (and buy in the future) in addition to having to figure out a way to install the sprocket properly every time in such a way the the holes in it will line up with the hole in the nut after it is tightened.

G
    The GECCO

You begin your riding career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by The GECCO";p="207359
    Wire it to the countershaft. Put the entire assembly together and torque the nut to the proper spec, then drill a hole either straight through the whole shaft/nut or at an angle through the end of the shaft up through the nut. This way you know that once you tighten it enough to line the holes up you are also at the proper torque (or damn close).
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by The GECCO";p="207359
    You could wire it to the sprocket and it would serve the same purpose, but then you have to worry about drilling every sprocket you own (and buy in the future) in addition to having to figure out a way to install the sprocket properly every time in such a way the the holes in it will line up with the hole in the nut after it is tightened.
    The sprocket that's on there now has several holes drilled all around it (maybe 6 or 8 of them - didn't count), so I figured I could just wire it to the closest set of holes. I didn't think that the next sprocket might not have those holes.

Weld the sprocket on

Hey Cat,

What ever happened with your bike???

BTW, I wired the countershaft & nut together on my old R6 - the countershaft has a shallow hole countersunk into the center of it. I just started from inside of that and drilled outwards - worked like a charm!

I think that is what they ended up doing to it...

So did TK take care of you then?

I'm just wondering if you still have the same opinion of them as when you started this thread.

Leroy Brown

Re: BAD BAD Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by ebazyl";p="205483
    First and most importantly I had a sprocket come of on my '03 R6, twice.
    LOCTITE!!! and safety wire...

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller";p="207140
    No, they just snap in half at 100mph
    yeah but I haven't seen any yamahas ride into walls at 80-100mph
    Bryce Random racing #814

Sorry to hear about your bike.I had trouble with my bike was totally the dealers fault they didnt do jack so i know just how you feel a grand later my bikes fixed and they wont get my biz ever again.
    No it was not Tk they found the problem and what was causing it

Quote Originally Posted by jasonpatton View Post
    Sorry to hear about your bike.I had trouble with my bike was totally the dealers fault they didnt do jack so i know just how you feel a grand later my bikes fixed and they wont get my biz ever again.
    No it was not Tk they found the problem and what was causing it

After 3 years?
    Liberty never came from government. The history of liberty is a history of resistance. The history of liberty is a history of limitations of government power, not the increase of it. Woodrow Wilson, September 9th, 1912

"The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, waistoids, dweebies, dickheads - they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude."

Was not my gears fork tube was broke a wheel from day one was told it was my seals after three trys of them fixing it took it to tk and they found the problem.