Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TK Motorsports

Quote Originally Posted by Cat118!";p="205489
    Miami Mike knows his bikes and Knows people who know even more who are professional Mechanics.

that's one of the funniest things i have read in a long time.

i guess the one big question i have is; how would your front sprocket come off if all you do is sit on your bike down at the Shell station on Colfax?
    Motorcycle Roadracing Association #29
    President

MSF
    Rider Coach

Easily distracted by shiny objects and bouncy things jplracing's Avatar

Re: BAD BAD Mechanic

First, I don't know the bike in question or any of the particulars. However, I do know this.

In the few years that TK has been in business and I have been a customer, I have witnessed Bart and Brian bend over backwards to help people out. Me included, hell they on a moments noticed helped me get SV ready for PPIR because I had blown a motor on my Tard from Pueblo. I can't tell you how much they have helped Phillip and I out in the last year or so.

If there was a mistake made ( people are only human ) I can almost assure you they will do what they can to make it right.

By the way I was at SCR when this happened to Gene.

Sorry to rant, but they are the one of the only shops that I have seen first hand really TRY for the customer, so there is my $.02

Joe

www.rebellionmotorsports.com

Grant_me_revs personal snake catcher!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller";p="206356
    Hey Bueller, just for that I was going to take a look at the SV.......but now....... I will just offer a dollar nintey eight fifty

Quote Originally Posted by MileHighGSXR";p="206349
    i guess the one big question i have is; how would your front sprocket come off if all you do is sit on your bike down at the Shell station on Colfax?
    I have sat at the shell on academy, my front sproket has never come off.

Quote Originally Posted by FZRguy";p="206338
    I just converted my FZR to 520 chain/sprockets. I used a new lock washer and torqued the nut to spec. I bent the lock washer over on one side of the nut. Should it be bent over on two sides (the factory one was bent over on just one side)? Also, how about some red Locktite for added security? I don’t know how to safety wire the nut.
    Hey, this is exactly what I did to my FZR. Then, as we all know, the sprocket fell off. I think I actually bent *both* tabs. However, I put a new one on after the old one fell off and there haven't been any problems... I don't see any reason to not use something like red Loctite, but then again I ain't that smart...

Who is this Miami Mike?
    Sounds like a mafia hit man.
    2000 Honda RC51

IIRC, Fricokidd had one fall off of his R6 at Pueblo (I think it was Pueblo) last year.

Don't re-use lockrings! Once bent and straightened and bent again they are very weak and quite possibly the little tabs can be broken off just using your hands. As for my credibility, I'm a turbine engine mechanic going on 10 years. Any locking tabs that involve bending get tossed in the trash after one use. All of those other suggestions about using locktite and/or safety wire are great. I hate safety wire but I'm after wrenching on helicopter engines for 10 years I'm pretty good at it! One more thing, try buying a few extra locking washers and do your own re-gearing. It's your bike and it's not hard to do. God luck with this issue.
    Chucky-02 ZX9R (Resurrected!)/08 KLX 450R

Quote Originally Posted by jplracing";p="206357
    Quote Originally Posted by Bueller";p="206356
    Hey Bueller, just for that I was going to take a look at the SV.......but now....... I will just offer a dollar nintey eight fifty

Hell Joe you beat me to the post, that was supposed to be for Jimmy's post
    Now will ya come look at it?

Re: TK Motorsports

Bueller,

Only if you are willing to accept my offer.

For a serious response, check your PM

Joe

TK has been really good to me and now I am loyal to the point where I am buying stuff from them I know I could probably get cheaper over the internet.. I just started racing this year and its nice to have a shop I can not only trust but both of them are just plain nice to me when I ask questions.. for me personally thats important. The only thing I have noticed is that they are going thru growing pains and I can see Bart is becoming a bit overwhelmed keeping up.. this is normal small business growth.. they will probably need to hire someone soon to take care of some stuff like answering phones etc...

Anyway.. with as busy as they are they don't make me feel like just another whiny customer...

I would walk in there with a good attitude and talk to them about the situation... they will work something out with you.

Joe
    03 zx6rr (soon to be race)
    MRA#533 novice

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar
    They should hire me, to answer phones!
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

I do not just sit at the Shell... I don't even know who you are that are saying that. Anyways thats beside the point... Miami is a good guy and I know that he has good intentions with what he puts out. But right now the point is my bike is back over at TK and they will see what they can do. Their bad on one thing and my bad for jumping the gun... Well see where is goes from here.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat118!";p="206873
    I do not just sit at the Shell... I don't even know who you are that are saying that. Anyways thats beside the point... Miami is a good guy and I know that he has good intentions with what he puts out. But right now the point is my bike is back over at TK and they will see what they can do. Their bad on one thing and my bad for jumping the gun... Well see where is goes from here.
    They'll fix it up fer ya... I bet its better than factory when you get it back...
    03 zx6rr (soon to be race)
    MRA#533 novice

Thanks for all the tip ya'all

"Don't hate me because I'm Beautiful, hate me because I'm better than you, better yet, hate me because I'm fuckin bad ass!!!"

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar
    And if they suggest that you replace a part, I would skip anything "loaner", and just get a good part with your CSC discount at TK.

I don't want to pile onto your situation, but I did just re-read where you brought *in* parts.

Cost savings is one thing, but I'd hate to see a situation where you have another problem (any problem!), because of an iffy part.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

I'm Ashli with an I bitches AshliRider44's Avatar
    Never Ever Land or Trackside/Pitside Helping/Cheering On #33 or in our new home!
    THAT was one of the funniest things I've read!

BTW I work for Bryan and his wife Tonya, not at the shop but for another business they run and I know for a fact that their #1 concern is Customer Service... as long as I've known/worked for them I've never seen them turn a customer away... they are good people and love what they do... sounds like you just need to get some education on Yamahas and where they are faulty... just my .02

Quote Originally Posted by AshliRider44";p="207052
    THAT was one of the funniest things I've read! |
    And yes, i have had my from sprocket nut come off going around the button hook at pueblo. Scared the SHIT outta me. But IF YOU DONT TAKE A LOOK AT THEM every once in a while to double check, THEY WILL FALL OFF
    ~MR. PISSY PANTS~
    R . I . P. Gene, you will be missed!

01 Dakota (Yama-hauler)
    00 WR-400 (da da dirty dirty)
    06 GSXR 6 (street toy)
    06 KLX 110 (play toy)
    02 Kawi Quad (play toy #2) maybe for sale...anyone interested??

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

<--and yes i think this is a Texas flag Well, at least i THOUGHT it was, until peanut took it away...dam you peanut, DAMMMMM YOUUUU!!!!!

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar
    Hey,,, would someone tell me where this Shell station is so I can go and pose ??
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Sol Performance - Pirelli Tires

Quote Originally Posted by Sully";p="207089
    Hey,,, would someone tell me where this Shell station is so I can go and pose ??
    Sully, you can come by my place and "pose" all you want!
    Abba Zabba, you my only friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Sully";p="207089
    Damn it - I am the CSC Pro Poser and you all are just going to have to find something else.
    I will be accepting applications for apprentices soon!

Quote Originally Posted by ripper750";p="206383
    Don't re-use lockrings! Once bent and straightened and bent again they are very weak and quite possibly the little tabs can be broken off just using your hands. As for my credibility, I'm a turbine engine mechanic going on 10 years. Any locking tabs that involve bending get tossed in the trash after one use. All of those other suggestions about using locktite and/or safety wire are great. I hate safety wire but I'm after wrenching on helicopter engines for 10 years I'm pretty good at it! One more thing, try buying a few extra locking washers and do your own re-gearing. It's your bike and it's not hard to do. God luck with this issue.

Gawd damn things are 4.00 bucks a piece! I use mine a season ans then swap it out...Unless it gets weak.... ANyone know where I can get a bag of them for cheep?

Make sure U safty wire folks...... It will help.... Mine came undone at PPIR and the saftey wire held it in place....
    R6-Forum's June 2010 Ride of the Month!

Sig. Courtesy of GIJoe007

Dion's Sponsorhouse

Sponsors:
    Rief Resources Media/Rebellion Motorsports /
    Lockhart Phillips / Factory Backing / GoPro Camera

Was just working on the racebike took a look at the Countersprocket and guess what? It had just started to come loose! whew!