Thread: From old to new the transformation!!!!

From old to new the transformation!!!!

well so of you know me from last yr when i joined csc. I bought a salvaged 2000 zx7 parts bike for a couple hundred bucks. with some work and a haynes repair manual i got it looking like this....

so i got tired of the silver and butt ugly blue and black speckled powercoat, i when to my military roots and painted it....

so after riding it for a while, i noticed that even with a olive paint job, it didnt really stand out, and if you know me i hate being one of the people in the crowd. so with winter coming and a newly purchased house and garage, i decided to dig a little deeper into it. At this point it had a horrible chain and sprockets, a tired engine and still some of that crappy blue/black powdercoat. so with a couple of tools i sat out to make not a show bike, but something that would cause people to do a double take and that caused me to be white knuckled and have a big shit eatting grin everytime i rode it.

so i found a buddy with a rebuilt zx9 motor and decied to go for a swap since the motors are almost identical. so i made a new lower motor mounts and swapped wiring harness. with the help of a few buddies to give a couple of pointers i got the motor in and all wired and stopped working on it before i fired it, since i needed a new battery and had a married mans buget. so the i moved to the front end, by this time i had all the plastic off of it and decided to got more street fighter.but i didnt want it to look like i spent 10 bucks and had a handfull of zip ties like most people. i wanted it to look like i spent twenty bucks and used duck tape lol. so i ripped off the clip ons, found some new 909 dirtbike bars on ebay, and also picked up some mounts for a pitbike to mount them.. so after measuring hundred of times wishing i was a engineer, i drilled and mounted the bars. So after that i decided it would be cool to cut out the key switch and just use a button to start it. so i did that, wow i hate wiring. lol. so then i got rid of the stock coolant overflow tank. this is where i realized i would have to start getting creative with this bike since i really didnt have much money and needed a few more things. so i made the tank out of a venom energy drink, got clear hoses for it and the brake and clutch master cyclinders. next i painted the frame satin black, and the exhaust. i decided that my stock kawi exhaust wouldnt do, i wanted it to make a harley shivver when i hit the throttle. so i ripped the guts out of the can, chopped it in half and threw on some paint. Now comes the fun part. If you have ever seen a zx7 you know they have a whale tail, a busa aint got sh*t on them. so i looked on a street fighter forum and found this guy from england who had the same bike and made it into a bobber ( not a harley, just chopped the tail) then i saw that a lot of people have done it and said sounds good. so i bought a cheap harbor frieght angle grinder with a ton of different wheels and started cutting. I cut it just to the back of the front seat, couldnt go more since there was a brace that held the 2 parts of the tail together. i found some old street signs and chopped them up to hide my new location for all of the wiring and battery. i started wondering how i could mount the tail light to the sheet metal and every way i could think of looked like crap. so i look on ebay again and decided to pick a pair of 59 caddy tail lights, and a trail tech enduro speedo. i got the lights on, had a fun time trying to get the speedo working, and then threw a couple of coats of paint and stickers on the bike. Just started riding it this week, its not complete yet but its getting me to work every day. o and i got a new chain, sprockets ( 5 up in the rear and 1 down in the front. So like i said its not a show bike, some people might it looks like junk, but its my junk and i like it.... and most people cant say their bike was built by them, not purchased at the local bike shop. so hope this gives others the balls to take on a project and go nuts with it.... i already looking for another project.... maybe a fightered turbo busa??? who knows.....

-Eugene-

2007 black hayabusa touring beast
    2003 KTM 525sx/exc hybrid
    2002 black and blue hayabusa- (SOLD)
    2000 ZX7R STREETFIGHTER-(SOLD)

Re: From old to new the transformation!!!!

Well done on your new street fighter!
    2011 Ducati 848 Evo "Bautista"
    2002 Honda RC-51 "Big Boi"

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn!"

thanks its fun, with this new motor and sprockets its got super torque, might have to rework the seat foam so i dont end up straddling the rear tire at 50mph lol
    -Eugene-

Fukin A!!!! Badd ass, buddy!!!!
    "Leze Le Bon Temps Roulet"
    Let The Good Times Roll!!

That's nice man! Well done!

thanks, hopefully i will have a much bigger buget on the next one so i can put some cooler stuff on it... im workin on making a fiberglass tail right now, but its hard considering i only have 12in of tail to work with....
    -Eugene-

Awesome! I love it! Well done good sir!

Looks good man!!
    Mike

Why tiptoe through life, only to arrive safely at death!

www.myspace.com/mikehoner
    http://www.pickeringsauto.com/index.htm
    I wish my lawn was emo so it would cut itself

Gold Member Yearly Supporter McVaaahhh's Avatar

zombie thread....

Whatcha sellin TreyJack?
    '02 RC-51 - Street
    '05 Pitster Pro 125 - Pitbike madness

Be polite. Be professional. But be prepared to kill everyone you meet.

"Motorcycles tell us a more useful truth: we are small and exposed, and probably moving too fast for our own good, but that's no reason not to enjoy every minute of the ride."
    ~Dave Karlotski

Quote Originally Posted by McVaaahhh View Post
    zombie thread....

Whatcha sellin TreyJack?
    Not selling anything.

This was linked in another post today and figured I'd give the guy some props.

I heard it is for sale in someones backyard a little while ago. No title but that's a minor bump in the road

Gold Member Yearly Supporter McVaaahhh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Treyjack View Post
    Not selling anything.

This was linked in another post today and figured I'd give the guy some props.
    '02 RC-51 - Street
    '05 Pitster Pro 125 - Pitbike madness

Be polite. Be professional. But be prepared to kill everyone you meet.

"Motorcycles tell us a more useful truth: we are small and exposed, and probably moving too fast for our own good, but that's no reason not to enjoy every minute of the ride."
    ~Dave Karlotski

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    I heard it is for sale in someones backyard a little while ago. No title but that's a minor bump in the road
    George Mock | 2008 ZX6R | GoPro Hero | 3:551 5806

Quote Originally Posted by Vellos View Post
    agreed
    MRA Expert #880 - 2015 AmateurGTO Champion, 2013 NoviceGTU Champion
    2006 YZF-R6 Race "No name" - 2005 YZF-R6 Street "Aurora"
    2015 Sponsors: Dunlop, Speedin Motorsports, STM Suspension, Silkolene Lubricants, EBC Brakes, Pit-Bull Products

Text: (72O) 432-7236

I don't get what is funny...

sweet man I think that we are less inclined to take our rides for granted when we build them ourselves and you should be proud of your efforts! sweet ride looks fun!
    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin