Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Women, who do you think you are

Somewhere in the south suburbia of sprawl.
    Quote Originally Posted by McVaaahhh";p="206951
    My Def:

A squid is a guy who rides a sportbike and not only doesn't wear gear, but straps his helmet to the side of the bike instead of on his head. (Shoei frame slider)

I especially laugh at the guys in full gear, except a helmet. I saw one guy a couple weeks ago in a racing suit complete with knee pucks, but no helmet.
    Saw the King Squid down in the Springs on Saturday...

Blue R1... POLISHED (and I mean FRESHLY) frame, swingarm, rims,... bling bling Icon jacket, doubly blinged matching Ti Max gloves, Tommy Hilfargagnugen jeans, $500 fresh out of the box Nikes (no sports-oriented shoes should look that clean), overkill Euro-sunglasses, NO HELMET... but... TWO top of the line full bling paint-job Arai helmets --- one on each side of the tail. That's over $1000 in frame sliders alone!

Now THAT was squidly beyond squid.

Calamari anyone?
    ...Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

Current Ride: 2005 Ducati ST3

Nice story, TC! I'm glad I took the time to read this!

Leroy Brown
    Funny story man....

A squid, however, is not defined by what "it" wears or doesn't wear. Squids tend to wear less than what we would consider "normal".
    Squids know how to go fast in a straight line but lose their spine (like a squid) when the road turns - in any way, shape or fashion.

Posers may be squids, and vis versa but not neccesarily.

Good riders can be posers but can't be squids. I.e. - insert bike brand here - matching leathers, gloves, boots, helmet... Nothing wrong with a little functional BLING as long as they have the goods to back it up!! Bling without ability is just posin...

Mostly I don't consider those who ride without helmets or in shorts, wifebeaters and tennis shoes to be squids...although they MAY be. (probably are) They're (in my book) just too stupid to know any better.

Girls who can ride???? Hmm... I'm not going to TOUCH that.

Re: Women, who do you think you are

Ah....you took it out of your post. I was gonna say,

I think she rides...and I think she's good too...could just be me though

Board Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Sully";p="205849
    hmmm...... So is that all you have to do in Albuquerque to get a guys phone number ??? I wonder if that will work here because I never get any phone numbers ??? ...ohhh... prolly cuz I wear my "skid lid" and people think I'm a dood

So .... where my gurls at ??? Let's roll out some night and see how many numbers we can get Who's in ????

Ytry2 your response was classic !!!
    I'm in! Skid lid and all.

Leroy Brown

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze";p="207029
    Ah....you took it out of your post. I was gonna say,

I think she rides...and I think she's good too...could just be me though

Don't know who she is... so obviously she's not hanging with the "boys".

Kudos to her though... I'd like to get matching equipment and see how much faster than me she is.

Of course if I had THAT equipment I'd never leave the couch!!!

She's obviously good enough to get put on that kind of equipment. Not talkin trash...but if you were as good...wouldn't you be put on the kind of equipment?

Thats funny stuff about arai frame sliders
    2000 Ducati 748

Loopty
    Pronounced with an "oopty"
    She (Jessica Zalusky) was running close to my times at PPIR. So in other words, YES, she can ride, but no, she's not on par with the other guys running AMA, especially not the front runners. I think she was running about 1:02's, maybe 1:01's. The fast guys were doing 54's and 55's.
    MRA 33 (Retired)
    502- RIP my brother

Leroy Brown

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze";p="207036
    She's obviously good enough to get put on that kind of equipment. Not talkin trash...but if you were as good...wouldn't you be put on the kind of equipment?
    Only if my inclination was to sacrifice all to this particular end.
    I would never pretend to say I'm as fast as her.... or EVER even close.

Again...kudos for her and her sacrifices.

Do you think we'll ever see her (or any woman) on the podium? Of even close?

I don't want to piss off every woman in the world but there has to be an acceptance that the chasm between men's testosterone driven competitive driving ability and women's ability is pretty large and at the world/AMA level the woman that can run with today's front runners hasn't been identified yet.

Faster than me? That's no accomplishment... you'd get more satifaction out of tearin up the ol' doood in the motor driven wheel chair.

Thread hijack noted.... Sorry.

Jessica was doing 1:01's in qual and FX.

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe";p="207061
    Jessica was doing 1:01's in qual and FX.
    To be precise, she qualified with a 1:01.546 and turned mostly 1:01's through the race, with a few 1:02's:
    Jessica Zalusky's PPIR Formula Xtreme results

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by japrules
    My favorite squid...: wears a helmet and has girlfriend on the back with no helmet and a tank top.

I actually kind of like this squid. Not that he realizes this at the time, but he's actually doing the smart thing....

If *she* takes some road debris to her dome, then it just hurts like a bitch, and maybe leaves a mark. Besides, she's somewhat protected, by being behind him.

If the roles were reversed, and he was helmet-less and takes a big debris to the dome, they both potentially wreck.

IMHO, it's always better for the operator of the motorcycle, to be the one wearing the helmet.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Leroy Brown
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman";p="207071
    To be precise, she qualified with a 1:01.546 and turned mostly 1:01's through the race, with a few 1:02's:
    Jessica Zalusky's PPIR Formula Xtreme results
    THAT'S IT???? Man... I thought she was FAST!!!
    That's only 45-65 seconds faster than I've ever been around that track..

1:01s... smoke!

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~";p="207078
    My favorite squid...: wears a helmet and has girlfriend on the back with no helmet and a tank top.

I actually kind of like this squid. Not that he realizes this at the time, but he's actually doing the smart thing....

If *she* takes some road debris to her dome, then it just hurts like a bitch, and maybe leaves a mark. Besides, she's somewhat protected, by being behind him.

If the roles were reversed, and he was helmet-less and takes a big debris to the dome, they both potentially wreck.

IMHO, it's always better for the operator of the motorcycle, to be the one wearing the helmet.
    Until you both go down, she takes a concrete pole to the head, you survive but shortly thereafter you put a gun to YOUR head out of guilt.
    03 zx6rr (soon to be race)
    MRA#533 novice

I'm Ashli with an I bitches AshliRider44's Avatar
    Never Ever Land or Trackside/Pitside Helping/Cheering On #33 or in our new home!
    Jessica is fast, for a girl... will she podium... not likely running 1.01's etc... does that offend me as a girl that rides... not at all... I believe a girl will get the recognition she deserves once she deserves it... what makes me laugh is the publicity and the setup shes got from Kawasaki BECAUSE shes a girl that rides... amazing, if only I could run some 1.01's at PPIR... imagine the possibillites
    My Other Ride's a Hoopty

Watch Out for us Gene, We Will See You Again

Leroy Brown
    Quote Originally Posted by AshliRider44";p="207098
    Jessica is fast, for a girl... will she podium... not likely running 1.01's etc... does that offend me as a girl that rides... not at all... I believe a girl will get the recognition she deserves once she deserves it... what makes me laugh is the publicity and the setup shes got from Kawasaki BECAUSE shes a girl that rides... amazing, if only I could run some 1.01's at PPIR... imagine the possibillites
    I'll try to believe that her recognition is due to riding...

Totally cool... for real.

If you run 101s I'll wash your feet cuz I'm TRULY not worthy.

Loopty
    Pronounced with an "oopty"
    Will you wash my feet RA, because I do.
    MRA 33 (Retired)
    502- RIP my brother

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar
    Until you both go down, she takes a concrete pole to the head, you survive but shortly thereafter you put a gun to YOUR head out of guilt.
    I'm not sure I follow? Sure, I understand that an accident can definitely happen, and a wreck for both people can take place. Maybe a car cuts ya off, maybe the rider blows a turn, maybe somebody turns left in front of you... Accidents happen, yada-yada.

And sure, if you let your imagination run wild, there's guilt, and suicides, and mournful family members who makes attempts on your life, blah-blah-blah.

But my point still remains the same... All things remaining equal, it is much smarter for the operator of a motorcycle to have the helmet, rather than the passenger. They are, afterall, the one controlling the vehicle.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

now with bi-turbo goodness Site Admin Mel's Avatar
    So you are saying that you need to run 101 track times to get a Kawasaki sponsership? Not saying that is EASY by no means, but she is not the only girl out there who could do that....
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Somewhere in the south suburbia of sprawl.
    Quote Originally Posted by purpgixxerchic";p="207113
    So you are saying that you need to run 101 track times to get a Kawasaki sponsership? Not saying that is EASY by no means, but she is not the only girl out there who could do that....
    Probably not... but I bet she's the first to approach Kawi and say: "Hey - look want I'm doing... and I'll only get better with better equipment. Want a great PR opportunity???"

Now Mel... you angle for Suzuki,
    Ashli angles for Yamasquash,
    Christine for Honda,
    Tanya and Jenny and Mel... for Ducati,
    and Jeff for BMW!
    ...Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

Current Ride: 2005 Ducati ST3

How fast could she be if she rides a Kawasaki? Answer: Not very.

Besides, girls cant ride motorcycles.
    See, look, I know I'm homophobic, but not about gay guys. They don't bother me at all. It's straight guys who don't know their gay... they fuck my shit right up

So I'm a squid because I am still afraid of the turns but I can go fast? But I've only had my bike for like 2 weeks so does this silly label still apply? I wear all my gear too and I don't ride like a tard ass (wrecklesly weaving and such) but does "squid" mean noob or does it mean queef head? From everyones replies I take it to be the latter of the two. By the way thanx for all the def's guys

Quote Originally Posted by RAGrote";p="207026
    Funny story man....

A squid, however, is not defined by what "it" wears or doesn't wear. Squids tend to wear less than what we would consider "normal".
    Squids know how to go fast in a straight line but lose their spine (like a squid) when the road turns - in any way, shape or fashion.

Posers may be squids, and vis versa but not neccesarily.

Good riders can be posers but can't be squids. I.e. - insert bike brand here - matching leathers, gloves, boots, helmet... Nothing wrong with a little functional BLING as long as they have the goods to back it up!! Bling without ability is just posin...

Mostly I don't consider those who ride without helmets or in shorts, wifebeaters and tennis shoes to be squids...although they MAY be. (probably are) They're (in my book) just too stupid to know any better.

Girls who can ride???? Hmm... I'm not going to TOUCH that.
    [size=] [/size]

Quote Originally Posted by purpgixxerchic";p="207113
    Newsflash, she had Kawi corporate sponsorship long before she was running 1:01's at PPIR. Last year she was much slower, still riding under the Kawi Motor Corp banner. It isn't all about speed! I've seen fast riders who couldn't get a sponsor to save their life, and back markers that have their entire seasons funded just because they understand marketing and how the game works, and how to bust their ass for their sponsors.

Jessica was nearly last in FX. She didn't evan qualify for Superstock. Yet her pit had a line 30-deep waiting for autographs. During R2SL her pit was so popular you couldn't even walk past it. And yes, some of it has to do with her being a girl in the pro AMA circuit (duh!), but if that gets her sponsorship more power to her. She's still faster than most of the people on this site...