Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Women, who do you think you are

This is a Chemical Burn Project Sh*tbox's Avatar

Re: Women, who do you think you are

Quote Originally Posted by japrules";p="205640
    <snip> ...its like they think your agenda is to cornhole them and thats it...<snip>
    Truer words have never been spoken... or maybe that's just me.

-ASC
    Aaron "CRACKA" Cummins
    "Vintage" '98 Gixxer 6 <--GONE
    '01 Buell M2 Cyclone. 1203cc's of American Muscle. <--GONE
    paperstreetsoapcompany816@yahoo.com

i dont doubt that Jessica is fast. i was out on the track with her on wednesday of R2SL. she blew by me more than once, i'm not ashamed to say.

i dont think her being a girl has so much to do with her marketability as her being a very good looking girl. how many butt ugly people do you see out there getting sponsorship in any area of entertainment?? the spot just doesnt fall on them as readily...

she's hot and though she's not as fast as the fastest guys, she is fast and that makes her VERY easy to market. kudos to her for taking advantage of these things. more people need to get over themselves and use what they have like she has.
    Jeff Black
    Littleton, CO

Currently bikeless, but will be BMW shopping again come springtime.

Quote Originally Posted by The GECCO";p="207198
    Quote Originally Posted by Ytry2";p="207161
    It was the same as with Angel Benvou (sp) in the Prostock NHRA dragbike..... You could not go anywhere in the pits with out seeing her name
    I'm not even gonna come CLOSE to bustin' on Jessica because I know her and respect the hell out of her and what she has been able to do. However, this is NOT an equal comparison. Why?

Because Angelle has finished in the Pro Stock Motorcycle top five for eight consecutive seasons; her 35 wins is the most ever for a female driver in NHRA history and the second most in NHRA Pro Stock Motorcycle history.

Now, this being said, I still say they both deserve to be where they are at because they have used their talents to get there. Is Jessica the most talented roadracer out there? No, but she is one hell of a marketing machine and she has used that talent to get where she is.

As for those that imply that she is so slow because she was at the back in FX, take a look at the Middleweight Superbike results from the MRA round. The rules in MWSB are all but identical to FX, her laptimes would have put her solidly in the top 15 of a 31 bike field. As has been pointed out here, that's faster than 99% of the people on this board.
    I agree, I am not saying either one is slow. What I am saying is, most of us on this board has some idea how hard it is to market our selves and our sport. We only get a taste of it and we quit/stop/go to work etc.

Sponsors want someone to work hard and represent the company well. Angel does it for the NHRA (she has been doing this longer then jessica. give jessica or any woman 10 years and seat time seat time seat time)... Jessica for the AMA... Ms Fitzpatrick for IRL and the list goes on and on... in my opinion, the biggest marketing advantage a woman has, they do not act like spoiled brats and have temper tantrums. I think sponsors have been burned to many times men that can not control their tempers, that act out, that drop kick people, that seek retaliation, and overall act like children * Well Glen is just as short as a child, but that is ok *.

If I could, I would be Shana’s general manager and quite racing. I can market her far more easily then I could market myself.
    If you abandon yourself to foolishness....
    ...You lose touch with your beginnings.

Troy "TC" Runck #124
    SMRI New Rider Director

Sponsored by:
    Paint By TCR
    505 by Design
    Morse Racing Products

can anyone say Anthony Gobert?? you're right on YT
    Jeff Black
    Littleton, CO

Quote Originally Posted by Vance";p="206965
    Saw the King Squid down in the Springs on Saturday...

Blue R1... POLISHED (and I mean FRESHLY) frame, swingarm, rims,...
    Hmmmmm....funny how you make such a big deal out of the polish, mentioning it first and all. Why does a polished frame automatically make you (and others) think "Squid"?

FWIW, this is my streetbike:

Any time you'd like to come to the track and see what a squid I am, you're more than welcome...
    The GECCO

You begin your riding career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

i always knew you were a poser glenn

that's some sweet bling man
    Jeff Black
    Littleton, CO

Loopty
    Pronounced with an "oopty"
    POSER!!!! Learn how to ride that thing Glenn!
    MRA 33 (Retired)
    502- RIP my brother

I consider polishing a bit too "bling" for my liking, but I certainly don't equate that to the squidliness of the rider by itself. When establishing "Squid Value" I tend to evaluate the entire package and weight each criteria towards a "Total Value of Squid".

For example, let's say you can rate squids from 0 to 100, with 100 being Street Sushi, and 0 being the best rider in the world. Now, 0 is a purely unattainable value but sets a high mark of achievement, whereas 100 is completely scoreable for a number of people I've seen. A rating system would then be useful for determining the value here.

- Rider not wearing helmet while riding: 10 points
    - Rider not wearing any other gear: 5 points
    - The only thing thinner than rider's chicken strips are the straps on his back-seat-betty's thong: 10 points
    - Considers one pair of Oakleys to be adequate protection for both he and his passenger (cause they cost as much as a helmet, right?): 10 points
    - Polished everything, including his greased-back hair: 5 points
    - Thinks stickers make them more impressive: 5 points
    - Tried *riding* once, it scared the sh*t out of them: 10 points
    - Considers riding to be hanging out and posing at [insert favorite gas station name here]: 10 points
    - "Riding Gear" equates to pants which can simultaneously hang below the swingarm while not losing their chromed cell phone at 50mph: 10 points
    - Believes wheelies down I-25 at 65mph while weaving through cars, school busses, and vans full of nuns is a sign of pure and absolute skill: 40 points
    - Crashed a bike doing something stupid, didn't hurt anyone else: 5 points
    - Crashed a bike doing something stupid, hurt someone else: Instant 100 points
    - Has ever ridden uncontrollably, broken laws, etc: 5 points

As you can see, it would be possible to exceed 100 points in some rare cases. However these are hopefully rare in the sportbiking world. I threw the last one in there because that stuff isn't wise, but I don't think a person on this board can say they haven't done that one. Of course we could also subtract points based on the rider's skill but that's a whole other post.

I'm Ashli with an I bitches AshliRider44's Avatar
    Never Ever Land or Trackside/Pitside Helping/Cheering On #33 or in our new home!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopty";p="207152
    Quote Originally Posted by Ytry2";p="207148
    I told Hyerside, utillize what gawd gave you and pay for my racing damit! ....
    I tried the same thing with Ashli!
    nice babe

Nobody is doggin' on Jessica... just pointing out the obvious... shes got the hook up because shes got the I'm jealous as well.. if only I could run those times...

Your a squid becuase you put a f&*(ing Muzzy on a Yamaha
    See, look, I know I'm homophobic, but not about gay guys. They don't bother me at all. It's straight guys who don't know their gay... they fuck my shit right up

Quote Originally Posted by Loser";p="207394
    Your a squid becuase you put a f&*(ing Muzzy on a Yamaha

That's right, I forgot how important it is to make sure you only put certain brands of pipes on certain bikes, how foolish of me...

I put it on there because Rob Muzzy makes good stuff, it makes great power (ask the dyno at TK), it was inexpensive (brand new full system for $375 on ebay), and it fits the look of the bike.

Who are you anyway? Looking over the rest of your comments I'm just curious if you have anything of value to add to this board (or the world in general)? I noticed someone changed your display name, it's a bit more appropriate now...
    The GECCO

You begin your riding career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

Relax tough guy, it was just a joke
    See, look, I know I'm homophobic, but not about gay guys. They don't bother me at all. It's straight guys who don't know their gay... they fuck my shit right up

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe";p="207389
    I consider polishing a bit too "bling" for my liking, but I certainly don't equate that to the squidliness of the rider by itself. When establishing "Squid Value" I tend to evaluate the entire package and weight each criteria towards a "Total Value of Squid".

For example, let's say you can rate squids from 0 to 100, with 100 being Street Sushi, and 0 being the best rider in the world. Now, 0 is a purely unattainable value but sets a high mark of achievement, whereas 100 is completely scoreable for a number of people I've seen. A rating system would then be useful for determining the value here.

- Rider not wearing helmet while riding: 10 points
    - Rider not wearing any other gear: 5 points
    - The only thing thinner than rider's chicken strips are the straps on his back-seat-betty's thong: 10 points
    - Considers one pair of Oakleys to be adequate protection for both he and his passenger (cause they cost as much as a helmet, right?): 10 points
    - Polished everything, including his greased-back hair: 5 points
    - Thinks stickers make them more impressive: 5 points
    - Tried *riding* once, it scared the sh*t out of them: 10 points
    - Considers riding to be hanging out and posing at [insert favorite gas station name here]: 10 points
    - "Riding Gear" equates to pants which can simultaneously hang below the swingarm while not losing their chromed cell phone at 50mph: 10 points
    - Believes wheelies down I-25 at 65mph while weaving through cars, school busses, and vans full of nuns is a sign of pure and absolute skill: 40 points
    - Crashed a bike doing something stupid, didn't hurt anyone else: 5 points
    - Crashed a bike doing something stupid, hurt someone else: Instant 100 points
    - Has ever ridden uncontrollably, broken laws, etc: 5 points

As you can see, it would be possible to exceed 100 points in some rare cases. However these are hopefully rare in the sportbiking world. I threw the last one in there because that stuff isn't wise, but I don't think a person on this board can say they haven't done that one. Of course we could also subtract points based on the rider's skill but that's a whole other post.
    OMFG i had to leave the building because i was laughing so hard
    If you abandon yourself to foolishness....
    ...You lose touch with your beginnings.

Troy "TC" Runck #124
    SMRI New Rider Director

Sponsored by:
    Paint By TCR
    505 by Design
    Morse Racing Products

Gold Member Yearly Supporter McVaaahhh's Avatar
    We should call that the "squid-o-meter"
    '02 RC-51 - Street
    '05 Pitster Pro 125 - Pitbike madness

Be polite. Be professional. But be prepared to kill everyone you meet.

"Motorcycles tell us a more useful truth: we are small and exposed, and probably moving too fast for our own good, but that's no reason not to enjoy every minute of the ride."
    ~Dave Karlotski

Loopty
    Pronounced with an "oopty"
    Damn, I got defaulted to 100 with the "done something stupid, crashed, and someone else got hurt". Big J's dumb a$$ was following me too close last year when I wiped out doing a stoppie. I walked away, Big J got a broken hand and collar bone.
    MRA 33 (Retired)
    502- RIP my brother

For Ralph:

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopty";p="207459
    Damn, I got defaulted to 100 with the "done something stupid, crashed, and someone else got hurt". Big J's dumb a$$ was following me too close last year when I wiped out doing a stoppie. I walked away, Big J got a broken hand and collar bone.
    Big J is always on your ass, you act surprised

RIP Gene
    07 Ducati Monster S4R Testastretta
    97 Suzuki TL1000S - SOLD
    92 Yamaha FZR600 - R.I.P.

Sorry to revive an old thread, but something about this has been bugging me since I read it.

While this is true:
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~";p="207078
    If *she* takes some road debris to her dome, then it just hurts like a bitch, and maybe leaves a mark. Besides, she's somewhat protected, by being behind him.

If the roles were reversed, and he was helmet-less and takes a big debris to the dome, they both potentially wreck.
    What are the odds of "big debris" actually hitting either of them in the head (unless he's following a dump truck too closely)?

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~";p="207112
    But my point still remains the same... All things remaining equal, it is much smarter for the operator of a motorcycle to have the helmet, rather than the passenger. They are, afterall, the one controlling the vehicle.
    But if they do crash, then the operator is no longer in control, and the passenger is more susceptible to a head injury than the operator.

I guess I have to disagree with you Barn - in my opinion, I think it's smarter to let the passenger wear the helmet - even if it is ill-fitting - perhaps the lack of a helmet will be a reminder for the operator to slow down and take extra care.

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar
    It may verywell be the more caring thing to do, I'll give you that. It's defintely the chivalrous thing.

But no matter what, I would still rather have the pilot of my rig have all the protection they need to maintain control, rather than not.

If it were between me as a passenger, and them as an operator... Have at it, if it makes you a more capable rider.

Granted, if our fate is crashing, then hindsight is 2020, and I would swap of course. I think it's just that I would rather plan for something bad, proactively, than expect something bad, and plan reactively.

Both have their pros and cons, but I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, as to which is better.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Ummmm.... I got busy reading all the replies I forgot what the subject of the post was. Not really, but the replies are just as funny as the suject. Keep the laughs coming.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~";p="214664
    Both have their pros and cons, but I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, as to which is better.
    I kind of figured this before I posted.